Derby County

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: Derby County

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:21 pm What about the penalty shout?
Stonewall penalty from where I saw it
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Glad I didn’t have to endure Sky coverage just got absolutely soaked on the way to the ground and my bl**dy grandson spilt my beer when we got there
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Did Sky make any comment about that pitch invading fox in the second half absolutely hilarious
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

The crowd singing "sign him up" as the fox left the pitch was beautiful.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I’ve just been reading some online comments and it seems that many think that the Sky coverage was somewhat biased in favour of Derby I was at the game so can’t comment but can anyone advise if this was true
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Quite true. The “support” pundits nearly all talk too much throughout a game. This guy was particularly bad and had a lot to say about Derby. I wish we could have a crowd only option. All I’m really interested in is the identification of players not endless talk, often criticism of play and views about what teams should be doing.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:01 pm Aaron McClean - what is he on?
Total bell end!!
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:52 pm I’ve just been reading some online comments and it seems that many think that the Sky coverage was somewhat biased in favour of Derby I was at the game so can’t comment but can anyone advise if this was true
I don't think there was any bias towards Derby. McClean talked (too much) about players he'd been up against (including Pack). It sounded like he'd played against everyone as the main commentator said.

I thought the quality of the game was way above League One and could've been better without the weather. Bit concerned about the foxes tail though, looked very mangy.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I don't think it was bias - just not very good. But it never is when it's Aaron McClean he just talks too much.

There were a couple of incidents where he was going on about something or other where the replay then showed him to be totally wrong.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Warne is jut as wyly as the fox that appeared during the match his coaches used the pacey players they have to counter attack really well. We started to run out of ideas as their blocking frustrated us and we didnt seem to have any answers. I think Mous will gain a lot of experience out of this match in what to expect in the Championship, all in all a draw was a fair result. Its hard to critisise players in those conditions but Derby seemed to cope better than us, and I was dissapointed with the goals we conceded. However we move on no damage done and if we can get three points on Saturday we move further away from Derby.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sawbo Blue
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Sawbo Blue »

jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:20 am Its hard to critisise players in those conditions but Derby seemed to cope better than us,
Thought the conditions suited Derby's pace and power through the middle against Pack and Evans, who are both quality players but lacked the pace to cover Derby's breaks. Weather also nullified to some extent our twin threats, Lane and Kamara down the wings as we struggled to find them with the ball seeming difficult to control and too often pinging off the surface and out of play. I think on a dry night we might have given Derby more to worry about.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

As good as Moxon's strike was, I thought our 1st goal was a masterpiece.

Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:14 am As good as Moxon's strike was, I thought our 1st goal was a masterpiece.

Derby fans claiming it was offside
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

I think under VAR Kamara's goal would have been judged offside, but likewise under VAR we would have had a penalty.
We played under the rules attributed to League 1 - and we won.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

blue architect wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:51 am I think under VAR Kamara's goal would have been judged offside, but likewise under VAR we would have had a penalty.
We played under the rules attributed to League 1 - and we won.
Agreed Rams web site quick to outline the offside and handball for each of our goals without mentioning the stonewall penalty that wasn't awarded however we move on.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson