So... BOLTON

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: So... BOLTON

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:10 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:54 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:46 pm
phat_chris wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:35 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:21 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:50 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:03 pm As things stand and according to my shaky math, we need 2 more pts to be Champs and 1 more pt for auto promotion
I think that as it stands with us us drawing we would need 2 points for promotion. That is because of goal difference, with us being plus 2 on Bolton. Should Bolton draw level on points with us you would assume that they would have a better goal difference.
Yes correct.
No wait...hang on....its 1 pt needed. If they win out and we lose all 3 they will be level on points with a better GD so only 1 pt needed for auto promotion (I think)
Yes but if Bolton win all their games and we lose all of ours both clubs would be on 91 points. As it stands we have a 2 goal better goal advantage but if we lose all our games that would, obviously, erode our goal difference. Also it is safe to say that with Bolton winning every game left their goal difference would be enhanced. If we get two more points that puts us out of Bolton's reach at 93 points. Getting three more points would also take us beyond Derby's reach and deliver the League One Championship. So just one win and it's all ours.
Not quite. Bolton can only achieve a maximum of 91 points so 1 point puts us out of their reach. Derby can only achieve a maximum of 92 points so 2 points puts us out of their reach.

Yes, you are right. One more point gives us 92 points while Bolton can only achieve 91 points. I stand corrected. I think I have been looking at the table too much and fearing the worst.
It's 93 if Jack Sparkes plays. :rofl
Tee hee, you are so witty.
It was a joke! Enjoy the ride were on!
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

All setting up nicely for Tuesday in front of a full house under flood lights.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Mousinho obviously wants some of the team to believe in themselves more, going by his post match interview. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 or 3 changes on Tuesday.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think the occasion possibly got to us a bit today, that and Bolton being a good side.

Can't complain at the result. We go again.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 33 times

Post by StMonkton »

Key thing today was not to lose. That could have been a tipping point.

This is a great result in the circumstances.

Just want it done now.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:43 pm Whinging trotter fans going on about us having so many penalty awards this season and how refs are favouring us, they deserve to be in the play offs. Hopefully we won’t see them in the Champs talk about sore losers Derby runners up to deserved champions Pompey, without any favours from refs. Hopefully Oxford United will put them in their place in the play offs.
Referee failed to give us a stonewall penalty near the end and Santos was lucky to stay in the pitch I sometimes thought he was from WWE the way he manhandled our players
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

In honesty having just got home I think we stole a point today on another day their missed sitters would have gone in maybe the occasion got to their players
I was disappointed with the atmosphere in particular their fans for what was a crucial game for both teams
And just a note to those self entitled **** who think seat numbers on tickets mean nothing grow up I for the first time felt my granddaughter was in danger of getting knocked to the floor as in a seating area for 6 there were dozens of young lads who would not vacate our seats until I stopped asking nicely
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Had that issue at Peterborough last season 55. Must have been a row of 10 seats with about 20 fans there. Overheard and it was just cause they all wanted to be with their mates which isn’t a good enough reason for me. A load camped on the steps as well. Problem was not enough stewards to sort them out. Then Westwood turned up with his band of merry men and added to the chaos.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:17 am Had that issue at Peterborough last season 55. Must have been a row of 10 seats with about 20 fans there. Overheard and it was just cause they all wanted to be with their mates which isn’t a good enough reason for me. A load camped on the steps as well. Problem was not enough stewards to sort them out. Then Westwood turned up with his band of merry men and added to the chaos.
Exactly the same with the steps stewards were no where more concerned about protecting the pitch
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:52 pm In honesty having just got home I think we stole a point today on another day their missed sitters would have gone in maybe the occasion got to their players
I was disappointed with the atmosphere in particular their fans for what was a crucial game for both teams
And just a note to those self entitled **** who think seat numbers on tickets mean nothing grow up I for the first time felt my granddaughter was in danger of getting knocked to the floor as in a seating area for 6 there were dozens of young lads who would not vacate our seats until I stopped asking nicely
It was the same at Blackpool and I heard at least a handful of people saying they had got in without tickets.
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Hi guys, you didn’t steal a point you earned it and we weren’t good enough to take the really good chances we had. That’s really been our problem all season, outplaying teams but not finishing them off. It’s yet another missed opportunity and looks like it will now be the play offs, although I wouldn’t put it past Derby to falter at Cambridge. Anyway congratulations on the title which you fully deserve being the most consistent all season. Have a great night next week and I’m just glad you weren’t celebrating at our place but can do it in front of your own. I still hope to be meeting you next season but as usual Wanderers do everything the hard way. 👍😁
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Walnut Whip wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am Hi guys, you didn’t steal a point you earned it and we weren’t good enough to take the really good chances we had. That’s really been our problem all season, outplaying teams but not finishing them off. It’s yet another missed opportunity and looks like it will now be the play offs, although I wouldn’t put it past Derby to falter at Cambridge. Anyway congratulations on the title which you fully deserve being the most consistent all season. Have a great night next week and I’m just glad you weren’t celebrating at our place but can do it in front of your own. I still hope to be meeting you next season but as usual Wanderers do everything the hard way. 👍😁
Thank you that's the type of class comments we would expect from supporter of a club with your history who deserve to go up
BTW take as many as you can to Peterborough as according to Ferguson our fans won the game not the players and he objects to big away support
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Walnut Whip wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:02 am Hi guys, you didn’t steal a point you earned it and we weren’t good enough to take the really good chances we had. That’s really been our problem all season, outplaying teams but not finishing them off. It’s yet another missed opportunity and looks like it will now be the play offs, although I wouldn’t put it past Derby to falter at Cambridge. Anyway congratulations on the title which you fully deserve being the most consistent all season. Have a great night next week and I’m just glad you weren’t celebrating at our place but can do it in front of your own. I still hope to be meeting you next season but as usual Wanderers do everything the hard way. 👍😁
Thanks for your contributions here. Hoping you can celebrate too!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Walnut Whip
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Walnut Whip »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:44 am
Thank you that's the type of class comments we would expect from supporter of a club with your history who deserve to go up
BTW take as many as you can to Peterborough as according to Ferguson our fans won the game not the players and he objects to big away support
Yes 55 I think at the moment our allocation is pretty small but we were hoping that if Posh couldn’t catch us they might relent a bit and give us more. I suppose it depends on Derbys results really because unless we can overtake them then everyone will be saving themselves for the play offs. We can live in hope of an upset for Derby at Cambridge of course however unlikely? 🙂