How do STs work?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

How do STs work?

Post by Sam_Brown »

Never been in a position to get one before either financially or logistically but things have changed and thinking about getting one for next season.

Whenever I’ve purchased tickets before they’ve emailed them to me. Is that the same for STs? I know waaaaaay back in the 90s my grandad would get a book with all the tickets in at the start of the season. I’m guessing it’s not like that anymore?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: How do STs work?

Post by New Forester »

You get a plastic ticket like a credit or debit card. It unlocks entrance gates.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

There is a waiting list of over 1000 for season tickets, it was said on the commentary today.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Oh nice. Good for the club. Maybe not for me. Does that mean 1000 on top of renewals for existing ST holders who I’m guessing get first refusal? If so maybe I’ll be out of luck.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

People pay £40 to join the waiting list to take up any seats vacated by existing season ticket holders which is taken off the cost of the ticket
I would imagine that not many people will be giving up their current seat for the upcoming season unfortunately
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:25 pm People pay £40 to join the waiting list to take up any seats vacated by existing season ticket holders which is taken off the cost of the ticket
I would imagine that not many people will be giving up their current seat for the upcoming season unfortunately
I wondered whether the club would issue more season tickets due to the extra sets available in the Milton End. I think they held back a certain number of tickets by capping the number of ST sold to allow for general sale.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

My understanding is irrelevant of where empty seats are due some maybe moving to the Milton End that it's a 15000 limit thus the need for a waiting list also Milton End season ticket holders will need to give up their seats at FA cup games due to the different away allocation rules
I would also imagine few available seats in the Milton End as a greater proportion of clubs will take the full 2000 allocation in the championship than league one