Lincoln City

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Lincoln City

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I think that the players who have come in have done okay, and we have generally been on top without creating clear cut chances. Anjorin in particular looks a different level, although has been caught on the ball a couple of times.

The ref is dire.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Fringe players:
Anjorin..playing well
Towler..steady
Sparkes..poor
Peart-H..poor
Lowery and Lang..full of running but not really happening for them

Once again midfield not producing, not making openings for forwards.

Think PH off for Devlin then Kamara for Lane later.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Blue Walter »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 pm Apparently we are playing 4 at the back when defending and then Sparkes pushes forward when we attack. Sounds like we are mostly on top but second half they have nothing to lose so will throw the kitchen sink at us
I think we are the better side and playing some good football but not carving out real gilt edge chances. We have created chances thar have been snatched at and missed. I am disappointed with MPH and is in danger of getting sent off If he doesn't calm down. I don't think he has offered too much in attack. I think Towler is having a good game and Sparkes is delivering good balls into the area but we don't have enough players in the box. I think we are missing Kamara as there is no real menace in Pompey's attack. Lincoln look nervous and not really showing that well but there is the odd dangerous attack to watch out for.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

I think we need to get Kamara on he can make the difference as the game will open up more
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by New Forester »

Enjoy the break everyone!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Managed to secure some tickets in one of the Lincoln stands. Game was scrappy and bad tempered but Lincoln lacked any quality and we could have had a couple more.

Lost count of how many players were booked.
GrouchyGit
Collins Mbesuma

Post by GrouchyGit »

Thank you from all in Oxford for today and good luck in the Championship under The Moose.
Had our board got rid of Karl Robinson a few week earlier, he’d have been the fans choice for manager. Intelligent, eloquent and honest.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm Managed to secure some tickets in one of the Lincoln stands. Game was scrappy and bad tempered but Lincoln lacked any quality and we could have had a couple more.

Seven Pompey Players 3 Lincoln and three Pompey Staff. The Referee just lost it!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm Managed to secure some tickets in one of the Lincoln stands. Game was scrappy and bad tempered but Lincoln lacked any quality and we could have had a couple more.

Seven Pompey Players 3 Lincoln and three Pompey Staff. The Referee just lost it!
It was rather amusing being amongst the locals with some of the antics from us on occasions today.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 33 times

Post by StMonkton »

Well done Mousinho. It looked a fairly dodgy selection to me and I feared we might end on a disrespectful whimper.

What do I know! As ever, we’ll done Pompey.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm That is not our strongest team available which questions the integrity quote, in my opinion. If there was nothing on the game for either team I would have thought that it was a reasonable shout to give some players a run out. This game means so much to Lincoln and also several other clubs. I have to say I am disappointed with the club especially after making that statement of intent concerning integrity.

This got old quickly!! 😄
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm That is not our strongest team available which questions the integrity quote, in my opinion. If there was nothing on the game for either team I would have thought that it was a reasonable shout to give some players a run out. This game means so much to Lincoln and also several other clubs. I have to say I am disappointed with the club especially after making that statement of intent concerning integrity.

This got old quickly!! 😄
Yes, I thought someone would bring that up. I think we deserved to win and we were the better side, but the fact still remains that we didn't field our strongest team. Nevertheless the team that did play were too good for Lincoln and Portsmouth got the job done.
I thought some of the players that came in had good games as well, I was very impressed with Towler. I thought Sparkes had a good game as well and put in some decent balls.

Had we not won I think we would have come in for some flak but, I suppose, all well that ends well.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by NSRailings »

:thumb :thumb :thumb A great watch.

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by NSRailings »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm Trust JM to throw a curved ball be interesting to see how this team shapes up with two key players missing. Pack and Rags absence leaves a big hole but in exchange we’ve got MPH and Tino playing together.Towler has a chance to prove himself. Not sure whether we should call this a weakened team but probably confused Lincoln in terms of who and how we play
It is typical Mousinho and I don't blame him. The Q&A in Vital Lincoln City's post gives away a lot of our tactics etc that Lincoln would have been watching anyway. So why not make a change when there's nothing really important at stake.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:31 pm Trust JM to throw a curved ball be interesting to see how this team shapes up with two key players missing. Pack and Rags absence leaves a big hole but in exchange we’ve got MPH and Tino playing together.Towler has a chance to prove himself. Not sure whether we should call this a weakened team but probably confused Lincoln in terms of who and how we play
It is typical Mousinho and I don't blame him. The Q&A in Vital Lincoln City's post gives away a lot of our tactics etc that Lincoln would have been watching anyway. So why not make a change when there's nothing really important at stake.
I don't think it had anything to do with 'curve balls' because Lincoln would have known all about our players anyway. I know he does that with injuries by saying that whoever is not fit enough to play, and then plays them. I happen to think that three of our best players were missing, two of them not in the squad, which makes our team potentially weaker. We need not have worried though as it turned out as the team was too good for Lincoln anyway, but there would have been flak had there been a different outcome.