Another medal hope fails

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Another medal hope fails

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Shanaze Reade in the Women's BMX only 6th.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: Another medal hope fails

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We have 26 Golds 15 Silvers & 18 Bronzes...................... rejoice don`t condemn!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

the_lock_man wrote:Shanaze Reade in the Women's BMX only 6th.
If any sport warranted a multiple-heat final....
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote:We have 26 Golds 15 Silvers & 18 Bronzes...................... rejoice don`t condemn!
It was a statement of fact, old fella, no condemnation.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

No competitor in the Olympics can be labelled a failure as far as I'm concerned .
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Norman Piper wrote:No competitor in the Olympics can be labelled a failure as far as I'm concerned .

I agree .

Bit like when people ( me included ) slag off drivers in f1 , doubt I would even fit in one and if I could would just stall it brake to early etc .................
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
clairewanderingaimlessly
Peter Mellor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by clairewanderingaimlessly »

The only failures we had were the football team who proved them once again to be useless, a Sunday League team would probably have given it a proper go!
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

clairewanderingaimlessly wrote:The only failures we had were the football team who proved them once again to be useless, a Sunday League team would probably have given it a proper go!
Ah yes them . I forgot about them after the first half of their first game. . Football shouldn't be there anyway . IMO
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The GB team were gathered together at the eleventh hour, a mixture of different National Teams, Their opponents were single National Teams who had played together since they were "Lads". All in all we didn`t do too badly, only lost on penalties again!

We (Team GB) have today been confirmed as the third highest Team in terms of Gold Medals etc for this Olympic Games in 2012.

For a Country of c.60 million people against China`s 1.2 billion and the USA c.250,000 it`s pretty damn good, rejoice

Be Proud!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Harry Harris Left Hook
Alan Knight

Post by Harry Harris Left Hook »

We have done absolutely brilliantly, both in competition and in the staging of a truly great Games. More relevantly for a football forum, the athletes and crowds have been sporting and modest in victoy and have been grateful to participate when they have not been so successful.

Presumably,they are not earning sums of money like £39,000 per week; they have shown footballers up as overpaid and arrogant primadonnas (prime donne?); and hopefully immersion in a festival of great sport of all kinds has loosened the stranglehold of football on sports coverage in the UK media. (Nicely summed up by an article I read once entitled "how football ate Sports Report.")
Lately it occurs to me ... what a long, strange trip it's been
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Harry Harris Left Hook wrote:We have done absolutely brilliantly, both in competition and in the staging of a truly great Games. More relevantly for a football forum, the athletes and crowds have been sporting and modest in victoy and have been grateful to participate when they have not been so successful.

Presumably,they are not earning sums of money like £39,000 per week; they have shown footballers up as overpaid and arrogant primadonnas (prime donne?); and hopefully immersion in a festival of great sport of all kinds has loosened the stranglehold of football on sports coverage in the UK media. (Nicely summed up by an article I read once entitled "how football ate Sports Report.")
1. Thank you for not typing 'pre-madonna'
2. Totally agree with all of the above. The Community Shield was on the TV in one pub of our day-long tour....not a single pair of eyes was on it.