Good to see the Stripeys

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Good to see the Stripeys

Post by Mr Nuts »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Yeovil Saint wrote:
SuffolkPompeyMike wrote:End their pre-season with a morale boosting, Man City preparing, 0-4 loss :rofl
Yes, because losing to a Champions League team is so embarrassing. If you're taking pre-season friendlies so seriously what about your team losing to a Conference South team?
I think your team will do quite well this year. I hope we do , but who knows .

btw.....who are the first opponants for Saints in the premier league opener?Man City .
Saints fans sucking up to Pompey fans on a Pompey board ?? Priceless !
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Norman Piper wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:
Yeovil Saint wrote:
SuffolkPompeyMike wrote:End their pre-season with a morale boosting, Man City preparing, 0-4 loss :rofl
Yes, because losing to a Champions League team is so embarrassing. If you're taking pre-season friendlies so seriously what about your team losing to a Conference South team?
I think your team will do quite well this year. I hope we do , but who knows .

btw.....who are the first opponants for Saints in the premier league opener?Man City .
Saints fans sucking up to Pompey fans on a Pompey board ?? Priceless !

I guess that's aimed at me .

I'm not sucking up to anyone , I have stated before that I view this board as more of a social chat site , the fact it's a Pompey board is imho irrelevant , sadly though the general " Chat " feeling is dissapearing once again lots of posters have left , and that's a shame I think .

Just my opinion though .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Good to see Lindford is keeping up with the attendance numbers at FP.
Personally, I don't have any idea how many people go to St. Marys. Doubt I could name 2 players in the Saints team...(actually, not sure I can name 2 players in our team).... but hey, thats just me. I suppose other footy fans like to have an in depth knowledge of their rivals.
imagesCAKVKHG4.jpg

That's pretty sad considering this Post is about a Saint's result on a Pompey board .

Still if that's all the origional poster can do to keep his mind of your clubs troubles , pretty fing sad IMHO ...........................
Not at all Mr. Jasper....it's a Pompey board so it's to be expected there will be some reveling in a Saints defeat. But I wouldn't expect that the original poster (Suffolk Pompey Mike?) would go on a Saints board with the same post or a similar one trashing Saints/fans/attendences or whatever as Mr. Lindford does like to do from time to time on here.
And even though I hear he's a nice bloke when you meet him, you have to expect a little push back if you want to post comments trashing the home team on the home teams board.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Annie
Paul Merson

Post by Annie »

My brother is going to be very happy. :thumb
andybart wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
clairewanderingaimlessly wrote:
It terrifies me that someone could make an unnecessary trip to Milton Keynes.
it really is that bad huh
I do hear it has improved since I moved from there to here Andy. :D
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Annie wrote:
My brother is going to be very happy. :thumb He won't be next saturday hopefully
andybart wrote:
I do hear it has improved since I moved from there to here Andy. :D
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
Annie wrote:
My brother is going to be very happy. :thumb He won't be next saturday hopefully
andybart wrote:
I do hear it has improved since I moved from there to here Andy. Ah thought I recognised the accent..... :D
Annie
Paul Merson

Post by Annie »

Jasper, you are a tease.........x
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Good to see Lindford is keeping up with the attendance numbers at FP.
Personally, I don't have any idea how many people go to St. Marys. Doubt I could name 2 players in the Saints team...(actually, not sure I can name 2 players in our team).... but hey, thats just me. I suppose other footy fans like to have an in depth knowledge of their rivals.
imagesCAKVKHG4.jpg

That's pretty sad considering this Post is about a Saint's result on a Pompey board .

Still if that's all the origional poster can do to keep his mind of your clubs troubles , pretty fing sad IMHO ...........................
Not at all Mr. Jasper....it's a Pompey board so it's to be expected there will be some reveling in a Saints defeat. But I wouldn't expect that the original poster (Suffolk Pompey Mike?) would go on a Saints board with the same post or a similar one trashing Saints/fans/attendences or whatever as Mr. Lindford does like to do from time to time on here.
And even though I hear he's a nice bloke when you meet him, you have to expect a little push back if you want to post comments trashing the home team on the home teams board.
Please push back all you like, it is quite nice to see some people squirm. Yes it a Pompey board that seems to be full of "."....."..............." (i have deleted what I wanted to post). I was replying to the post about attendance that the OP put up in response to another Saints fan. It was not me 'trashing' attendances in the first instance, if the OP thinks that 300 more fans is such a big deal then well done to him or her.

I am sure there are plenty of posts on Saints boards revelling in the plucky defeat to a Conference South side!!! For me it does not matter what such lower league sides do in pre season friendlies.
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
SuffolkPompeyMike
Alan Knight

Post by SuffolkPompeyMike »

Lindford Saint wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:
imagesCAKVKHG4.jpg

Please push back all you like, it is quite nice to see some people squirm. Yes it a Pompey board that seems to be full of "."....."..............." (i have deleted what I wanted to post). I was replying to the post about attendance that the OP put up in response to another Saints fan. It was not me 'trashing' attendances in the first instance, if the OP thinks that 300 more fans is such a big deal then well done to him or her.

I am sure there are plenty of posts on Saints boards revelling in the plucky defeat to a Conference South side!!! For me it does not matter what such lower league sides do in pre season friendlies.
Thanks for the congratulations, most kind of you :smt003
PUP PPU

MA's BAWA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My friends call me Keith, you can call me John"
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Got my tickets for Wigan and Manchester Utd. Odd going in two seasons from Hartlepool to Liverpool but bring it on!
Bangkok blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Bangkok blue »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:Got my tickets for Wigan and Manchester Utd. Odd going in two seasons from Hartlepool to Liverpool but bring it on!
Here's hoping the fall is just as quick!
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

clairewanderingaimlessly wrote:Actually, I have a nice big Marks and Spencers voucher to spend and M&S in Milton Keynes is far better than the one in Aylesbury, Lucy is also taking her theroy driving test tomorrow and the closest one again is Milton Keynes, if you are correct I wont be able to purchase tickets and yes if I have to sit with the MK supporters on the day so be it at 55 I cannot run, I do not go in for punch ups so I am hardly likely to cause trouble they are not to know are they? so we will see! I have no intention of going through the performance of the ticket master business to get tickets. MK Dons have a stand in the shopping centre so I can only ask :D
Well I kind of guessed you weren't one of the leading lights in the 657, it's just that most people tend to enjoy the game more when sitting with fellow fans. It's also a little bit rude to sit in a home seat when there are plenty of away ones available (that's my personal view - I'm sure many, particularly those who don't watch games often, won't understand what I mean).

Good luck to Lucy!
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Should be easier enough to buy tickets for the Pompey end online Claire. You'll have much more fun sitting with your own fans. I went to Bristol City last year and had to sit with the home support as our tickets all sold out. Didn't like it at all - especially as we lost. At least I didn't have to worry about celebrating a goal. Going to Fulham on Boxing Day this year but they have a neutral area where the nice friendly people sit and I'm going to be in there with a family of Fulham supporters. Looking forward to that.
Rusty
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Rusty »

Lindford Saint wrote:Look forward to the match reports from last nights game from all of you who went.................... no thought not!
Do you go to many reserve/youth team friendlies then?
---------------------------------------------
2008 FA Cup: [Semi] - [Final] - [Victory Parade] - [Community Shield]
2010 FA Cup: [Semi & Final]
clairewanderingaimlessly
Peter Mellor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by clairewanderingaimlessly »

I have my tickets for MK dons in the Pompey section, purchased this morning :lol: