worst film you have seen recently ?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

worst film you have seen recently ?

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Prometheus for me .

Really looked forwards to it , but what dross imho .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Re: worst film you have seen recently ?

Post by This Time Next Year »

Warhorse, too much horse, and not enough war.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

The laziest and most predictable writing I've had the misfortune to waste nearly two hours of my one and only life on in a loooong time.

Don't get me started on the brainfart that Steven Moffat clearly had when he wrote out Amy Pond and Rory Williams from Doctor Who.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Killing them softly . You'd think with brad Pitt, James gandolfini, ray liotta and the bloke who played johnny sack in the sopranos in a film about hit men this would of been good .
There was no point to gandolfini's part at all . It was slow and uneventful far too much pointless dialogue . Boring
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

The laziest and most predictable writing I've had the misfortune to waste nearly two hours of my one and only life on in a loooong time.

Don't get me started on the brainfart that Steven Moffat clearly had when he wrote out Amy Pond and Rory Williams from Doctor Who.
Funnily enough we've just finished watching that one (Salmon Fishing) and have to disagree. Yes it was entirely predictable and totally harmless but a very well constructed and nicely paced film - just as expected from Lasse Hallstrom.

Went to see Madagascar 3 this afternoon - enjoyed that one too but for very different reasons - wonderful 3D eye candy. Sonya the sad circus bear had me in stitches.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Rock Of Ages, f@cking terrible.

That said I have gone past the point of actually enjoying films these days, I can't switch off and strip them back to their commercial value, am looking at artwork ideas and listening out for lines for tag lines and to put in to the trailers.
Quite often ***** films can be very commercial and the good ones absolute financial disasters.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Chopper Dave wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

Funnily enough we've just finished watching that one (Salmon Fishing) and have to disagree. Yes it was entirely predictable and totally harmless but a very well constructed and nicely paced film - just as expected from Lasse Hallstrom.

Went to see Madagascar 3 this afternoon - enjoyed that one too but for very different reasons - wonderful 3D eye candy. Sonya the sad circus bear had me in stitches.
So....

[youtube][/youtube]
Bangkok blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Bangkok blue »

Moonrise Kingdom, again a fairly star studded cast, but what a boring slow paced film, so much so that we didn't even watch the end!!
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:Rock Of Ages, f@cking terrible.

That said I have gone past the point of actually enjoying films these days, I can't switch off and strip them back to their commercial value, am looking at artwork ideas and listening out for lines for tag lines and to put in to the trailers.
Quite often ***** films can be very commercial and the good ones absolute financial disasters.

Ref your last bit .

John Carter flopped at the cinema , I bought it on Blu Ray and thought it was very good for the type of film it was , by that i mean not to be taken to seriously .
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

Paranormal Activity (insert number of sequel where appropriate). I wonder if they had a bet to see how little work they could actually put into a film and it still make money. Absoluety dreadful.
Mesmo
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by Mesmo »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:Prometheus for me .

Really looked forwards to it , but what dross imho .
I think had you seen it before Alien came out Jasper, it would have made more sense but inserting it afrter 4 or 5 sequels killed it apart from perhaps the picture quality oh and Charlize Theron of course ...... my favourite honey of all time
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

phat_chris wrote:Paranormal Activity (insert number of sequel where appropriate). I wonder if they had a bet to see how little work they could actually put into a film and it still make money. Absoluety dreadful.
Completely agree . Absolute carp . Supposedly the "scariest film ever" . Scooby doo is scarier .
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:Quite often ***** films can be very commercial and the good ones absolute financial disasters.
Hasn't this always been the case?
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Battleship, only watched it because i was on a long flight and had seen everything else that took my fancy.

They could not have included more slow motion fluttering Stars & Stripes if they tried, complete and utter American jingoistic trash, especially when they had run out of ships and sailors and re-commissioned the USS Missouri with an equally ageing crew !! Come on, please..

If you have run out of pins to stick in your eyes for a couple of hours then feel free to watch it.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
WMatty
Milan Mandaric

Post by WMatty »

The most recent remake of the Three Musketeers. Simply 'kin dreadful. Even worse than the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes films and that's saying a lot.

Acting talent abused by cliche-laden scripts and credibility-killing special effects. If Scrappy-Doo had ever directed a film, then this was it.