The desperation of Portpin/Harris/Bick

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

The desperation of Portpin/Harris/Bick

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Desperation is the word because the snooze have been given a story by their PR Bick about Harris suing Fansnetwork over one of Micah Hall's articles.

Having seen both of the letters from Mishcon de Reya, it really is quite amusing the level of floundering that is occurring. They didn't have the testicles to send to Micah or his editor Colin Farmery who could rebuff the perceived issues but instead went to what they perceived was the weakest link.

Unfortunately for them, even little Fansnetwork haven't been buckled by their bluff to remove the Harris or Hitchins articles which is the real damaging stuff.

Also very weird was the structure of the first letter which only had one specific criticism but demanded an apology which wouldn't have dealt with that issue.

And expect another blog from Micah soon which further ties in Portpin and Harris together.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: The desperation of Portpin/Harris/Bick

Post by Milkins »

I can see another Ben Affleck Hollywood blockbuster on the horizon - as the demon, murderous PST capture the philanthropist and all round nice guy Chanrai, keeping him captive in an old, unwashed pair of Mickey Quinn's boxers. He is finally freed by American Marines who are on holiday enjoying the world's largest thrill ride at Southsea Fun Fair.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Milkins wrote:I can see another Ben Affleck Hollywood blockbuster on the horizon - as the demon, murderous PST capture the philanthropist and all round nice guy Chanrai, keeping him captive in an old, unwashed pair of Mickey Quinn's boxers. He is finally freed by American Marines who are on holiday enjoying the world's largest thrill ride at Southsea Fun Fair.
USA! USA! USA!

Everybody! Ooooh, say can we seeeeee....!!
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote:
And expect another blog from Micah soon which further ties in Portpin and Harris together.
Harris is out of the picture I thought ? So what's the point ?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Norman Piper wrote:
Its not us that's continuing the conflict.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

Milkins wrote:I can see another Ben Affleck Hollywood blockbuster on the horizon - as the demon, murderous PST capture the philanthropist and all round nice guy Chanrai, keeping him captive in an old, unwashed pair of Mickey Quinn's boxers. He is finally freed by American Marines who are on holiday enjoying the world's largest thrill ride at Southsea Fun Fair.

I'll play Mickey. I was made for the role..
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

formerly known as wrote:

I'll play Mickey. I was made for the role..
Don't be silly. You didn't cost a million pounds.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Norman Piper wrote:
In my businesses I've always found it better not to acknowledge (publicly at least) the competition . I always shy away from public slanging matches to do with business . Once you start doing that you take your eye off the ball and the effort it takes could be better spent making your business better . Plus the public often draw the opinion that youre sll as bad as each other. Just my humble opinion of course .
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Norman Piper wrote:In my businesses I've always found it better not to acknowledge (publicly at least) the competition . I always shy away from public slanging matches to do with business . Once you start doing that you take your eye off the ball and the effort it takes could be better spent making your business better . Plus the public often draw the opinion that youre sll as bad as each other. Just my humble opinion of course .
Micah isn't the Trust. This is more a personal vendetta now and some rebuttal is required.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Norman Piper wrote:
Norman Piper wrote:
In my businesses I've always found it better not to acknowledge (publicly at least) the competition . I always shy away from public slanging matches to do with business . Once you start doing that you take your eye off the ball and the effort it takes could be better spent making your business better . Plus the public often draw the opinion that youre sll as bad as each other. Just my humble opinion of course .
NP - I largely agree with you in business.

However, where major untruths are being peddled, there is a strategy called 'immediate rebuttal'. It's a strategy used particulary in political election battles, where you have whole teams doing nothing else.

Given the stakes now involved in the final stages of the Pompey battle, it is understandable that it is being used here by supporters of the Pompey Supporters Trust, though the Trust itself should stay out of the battle.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante