FAO Chopper Dave

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

FAO Chopper Dave

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: FAO Chopper Dave

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Pardon me for barging in but....

I watched this last night. I know Nick Ward, the guy who was rescued from the yacht 'Grimalkin' in the 1979 Fasnet disaster. His story, and the book he wrote about it, 'Left for Dead', is an incredible one and well worth a read.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Pardon me for barging in but....

I watched this last night. I know Nick Ward, the guy who was rescued from the yacht 'Grimalkin' in the 1979 Fasnet disaster. His story, and the book he wrote about it, 'Left for Dead', is an incredible one and well worth a read.

Thanks NSS , will lookit up :thumb
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

Missed the programme last night but will catch up on the iplayer - as a spotty young apprentice I helped to build the RAF Search and Rescue Sea Kings. Sikorsky never forgave us for selling more SeaKings than they did.

Agree with the 'Left for Dead' book recommendation too - riveting read and closer to home than usual for a survival story. Coincidentally I work with Charlie Thornton, who was on the SeaKing that rescued Nick. Small world.
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Chopper Dave wrote:Missed the programme last night but will catch up on the iplayer - as a spotty young apprentice I helped to build the RAF Search and Rescue Sea Kings. Sikorsky never forgave us for selling more SeaKings than they did.

Agree with the 'Left for Dead' book recommendation too - riveting read and closer to home than usual for a survival story. Coincidentally I work with Charlie Thornton, who was on the SeaKing that rescued Nick. Small world.

Small world indeed .

Did I hear right , Air & Sea rescue going to the Private Sector 2016 :?:
Chopper Dave
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Chopper Dave »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
Chopper Dave wrote:Missed the programme last night but will catch up on the iplayer - as a spotty young apprentice I helped to build the RAF Search and Rescue Sea Kings. Sikorsky never forgave us for selling more SeaKings than they did.

Small world indeed .

Did I hear right , Air & Sea rescue going to the Private Sector 2016 :?:
True, and if the AW189 is selected (which obviously it should be) it will be built in Yeovil. To credit this government, they have given us a regional development grant (simple country bumpkins that we are) to develop the product so hopefully they will follow through and buy British - hurrah! And one more time from my pension fund - hurrah!