RIP

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

RIP

Post by Pompey Dave »

I pronounce this an ex board, it is deceased, not a single match post or comment on a famous away point or indeed England's humiliation in the egg chasing. Rest in pieces, you served us well but have fallen off the perch.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: RIP

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Dave wrote:I pronounce this an ex board, it is deceased, not a single match post or comment on a famous away point or indeed England's humiliation in the egg chasing. Rest in pieces, you served us well but have fallen off the perch.
No way man! we will never die.....
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Pompey Dave wrote:I pronounce this an ex board, it is deceased, not a single match post or comment on a famous away point or indeed England's humiliation in the egg chasing. Rest in pieces, you served us well but have fallen off the perch.
Well Pompey Dave - a board is only as good as its posters so I suggest that rather than come on pronouncing doom and gloom, you come on here with a match report.

I can do one - but you probably wouldn't want to hear it - so over to you!
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Well Pompey Dave - a board is only as good as its posters so I suggest that rather than come on pronouncing doom and gloom, you come on here with a match report.

Ziggy, don't pick on him - one look at the table and he'll realise we're not in the premiership anymore and go on his way.

I think the Saints fans on here add more to this board than some of the whiners. We have active competitions, debates on a whole variety of subjects - we have occasional discourse and some quiet times. All in all, we are a community on this board, covering both sides of the political spectrum, various views of Faith based thought and sometimes we talk about football.

With many fans still on the way back from Doncaster, perhaps they haven't had time to post a match report. many on here listen to the game and therefore someone who was at the game is often ale to provide a clearer view..... but let him drive home first!!!!!!!
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

Since when has this been a football forum? :rofl :lol: :lol:
I am me, the universe and you.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

I would have said this board was always a forum or meeting place, where like-minded people (Pompey fans) came to discuss various topics, not always football related.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Thats Rich
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Thats Rich »

Match report

We got a point. Outplayed the leaders in the second half and fully deserved the point. Happy now Dave. :lol:

PS This board will never die.

1. Pomp would end up topping himself.
2. Nobody would not know what not to do with a blocked toilet.
3. The Lala league would cease to exist.
Why always me!
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Like-minded isn't necessarily being a Pompey fan. I refuse to be made to feel like a 2nd class citizen on here anymore a la "ooh, who do you think you are saying that on OUR board?" type nonsense. The football posts on here are in the minority - and that's why I'm here. I'm standing loud and proud now - because unlike Pompey Dave, I contribute to it on a regular basis. Sad, but true.

Real football boards scare me.

This football board I love.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Thats Rich wrote:Match report

We got a point. Outplayed the leaders in the second half and fully deserved the point. Happy now Dave. :lol:

4. People would have to actually do work during the week.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Norman Piper wrote:
Thats Rich wrote:Match report

4. People would have to actually do work during the week.
5. Miss Tickle's bottom would have nothing to make a noise about.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Post by Pompey Dave »

uspompeyfan wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:

Ziggy, don't pick on him - one look at the table and he'll realise we're not in the premiership anymore and go on his way.

I think the Saints fans on here add more to this board than some of the whiners. We have active competitions, debates on a whole variety of subjects - we have occasional discourse and some quiet times. All in all, we are a community on this board, covering both sides of the political spectrum, various views of Faith based thought and sometimes we talk about football.

With many fans still on the way back from Doncaster, perhaps they haven't had time to post a match report. many on here listen to the game and therefore someone who was at the game is often ale to provide a clearer view..... but let him drive home first!!!!!!!
Cheap shot uspf been with Pompey my whole life and supported them for many more years in the lower leagues than in the prem.

Was a regular 606 poster and signed up to this board on day one. Number 21 on the list indeed.

Don't get to post a great deal any more due to work and that is where I was on Saturday. My post was made in disappointment at the way this board has lost some of its spark. There was a time when a match would not pass without several match threads, a pre match discussion on the lineup and post match debrief. I guess it reflects the general malaise of the club and also the fact that we have moved on and away from established rivalries eg there used to be some great debates with Leicester fans even after the demise of 606.

This board has always been different and is marked out by some outstanding off topic threads. One which will always stand out involved DIY attempts to solve a very minor home plumbing issue. Thanks to another thread I now regularly use the phrase doing an emu when unblocking a drain now.

This board is always my first reference if I have been unable to follow the game on the radio in fact I normally monitor it whilst listening on the radio. It seemed to mark a watershed moment to log in after the final whistle and not find a single reference to a Pompey game being played.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Pompey Dave wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:

Cheap shot uspf been with Pompey my whole life and supported them for many more years in the lower leagues than in the prem.

Was a regular 606 poster and signed up to this board on day one. Number 21 on the list indeed.

Don't get to post a great deal any more due to work and that is where I was on Saturday. My post was made in disappointment at the way this board has lost some of its spark. There was a time when a match would not pass without several match threads, a pre match discussion on the lineup and post match debrief. I guess it reflects the general malaise of the club and also the fact that we have moved on and away from established rivalries eg there used to be some great debates with Leicester fans even after the demise of 606.

This board has always been different and is marked out by some outstanding off topic threads. One which will always stand out involved DIY attempts to solve a very minor home plumbing issue. Thanks to another thread I now regularly use the phrase doing an emu when unblocking a drain now.

This board is always my first reference if I have been unable to follow the game on the radio in fact I normally monitor it whilst listening on the radio. It seemed to mark a watershed moment to log in after the final whistle and not find a single reference to a Pompey game being played.
Fair points, well made Dave. It does though seem to be pretty much a weekday board these days, and I suspect there are more (as Norman suggests) posting from their workplace than otherwise. Still the only Pompey forum I use, just not as much as I used to in the 606 days.
some other bloke
Mickey Quinn

Post by some other bloke »

I liked it better when there was no scum.

And no dangerous creationist loonies.
You really don't know what the square root of sixteen is... no-one does.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

some other bloke wrote:I liked it better when there was no scum.

And no dangerous creationist loonies.

Well said on the first point :wink: :thumb
some other bloke
Mickey Quinn

Post by some other bloke »

I like MTB though.

MTB is fine.
You really don't know what the square root of sixteen is... no-one does.