The view form Covent Garden .......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Re: The view form Covent Garden .......

Post by Lost in Transportation »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:If I may quote the bard LIKW....'so are they all honourable men'.
Not necessarily...

Also the club isn't using parachute payments for its day-to-day running.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Whilst Mark Catlin was working for Bury the team were promoted from the bottom division, had a comfortable season in league 1 and avoided going into debt. I think some of you are unaware what an amazing achievement that was. Labelling him 'ightweight' on the basis of a chat with supporters is bordering on crass, in my opinion.

And Pomp, you can easily check up on his career online, it's not difficult. I don't supposed its crossed your mind that he was too modest to blow his own trumpet when questioned by you?
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:
Gone Fishing... wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Frustrated to have missed out on that but prior commitments prevailed.

I don't think 10,500 is too ambitious for a fan-owned club...
No doubt you'll be going along to your fair share of matches?
Change the record, kiddo.
So the last time you watched Pompey was at Wembley? I thought as much.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Whilst Mark Catlin was working for Bury the team were promoted from the bottom division, had a comfortable season in league 1 and avoided going into debt. I think some of you are unaware what an amazing achievement that was. Labelling him 'ightweight' on the basis of a chat with supporters is bordering on crass, in my opinion.

And Pomp, you can easily check up on his career online, it's not difficult. I don't supposed its crossed your mind that he was too modest to blow his own trumpet when questioned by you?
You weren't there - I was! I actually labeled him 'a bit light weight' and that opinion was endorsed by watching and listening to him for around 2 hours. And I wasn't the only one who thought that - Rubi also felt the same. So if it's all right with you, old bean, I'll continue to have opinions in an open forum. As a CEO he IS light weight - now live with it!
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:
Gone Fishing... wrote:
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Frustrated to have missed out on that but prior commitments prevailed.

I don't think 10,500 is too ambitious for a fan-owned club...
No doubt you'll be going along to your fair share of matches?
Change the record, kiddo.
So the last time you watched Pompey was at Wembley? I thought as much.
No, it wasn't. Not the best start but still a massive high for you so well done there.

But what if it was? Should we bar USPF, Cinc, Shanghai and all the others who are/have been living overseas? How about all those that live in other parts of the UK? How about those who were living off their savings and would rather eat/pay bills than spend £70+ on ticket and travel?

And just who gave you, a tediously whiney prick on a message board, the right to define and judge who's a fan? I thought as much.

Now, you've distracted from my job (did I mention I often work weekends?) for almost two whole minutes and now I have to make that up.

Next.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Pomp, you've missed my point as usual. I'm not disputing your view of him as 'lightweight', I'm disputing your reasons for forming the view. Like, as you admitted, knowing nothing about him.
Go and have a lie-down and think about this, there's a dear. Turn the lights off, to help you concentrate. And don't even think of putting on some Wagner or Beethoven - go for Debussy. Report back to me in eleven years.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

HH in hissy fit shocker.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:HH in hissy fit shocker.
on the basis that I dont get to many games, absolutely none last year, due to varying degrees of unemployment and other commitments like mortgage and kids, should I not be posting on here either??
Am I so much of a lesser person than you as I am unable to attend games??
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Pomp, you've missed my point as usual. I'm not disputing your view of him as 'lightweight', I'm disputing your reasons for forming the view. Like, as you admitted, knowing nothing about him.
I think you need your reading glasses - where did I admit to knowing nothing about him? The question I asked our new CEO was more information on his background. That is scarcely the same as knowing nothing about him. Like most of the audience, we relied on a short Press release introducing him to the club - after asking the question I knew a lot more about him and so did the rest of the audience.
Guy Whittingham

Stand down, Stephen Fry.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Whilst Mark Catlin was working for Bury the team were promoted from the bottom division, had a comfortable season in league 1 and avoided going into debt. I think some of you are unaware what an amazing achievement that was. Labelling him 'ightweight' on the basis of a chat with supporters is bordering on crass, in my opinion.
Still, Bury are currently suffering severe financial pressures. Granted, Catlin isn't now there but it's not that long ago he departed.
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote: (did I mention I often work weekends?)
Maybe if you didn't spend so much time on this board you wouldn't have to.
Guy Whittingham

portchesterblue wrote:
on the basis that I dont get to many games, absolutely none last year, due to varying degrees of unemployment and other commitments like mortgage and kids, should I not be posting on here either??
Apparently so.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

portchesterblue wrote:
Wow! I aimed for one hissy fit and I got two. There's an extra bounce in my step today, I can tell you.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Gone Fishing... wrote:
Still, Bury are currently suffering severe financial pressures. Granted, Catlin isn't now there but it's not that long ago he departed.
Catlin left Bury before this season started, so you could equally argue that it was his skills which prevented their current situation arising earlier.