New Kit details

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

miltoninLA
Kev the Kitman

Re: New Kit details

Post by miltoninLA »

I'm an old fart but surely the old Portsmouth Corporation buses were red and white stripes. I've always assumed that's where our friendly neighbors got their colors from.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Until I had a quck peek on Google to confirm my fading memories of bus rides around Olde Portsmouth, I thought the 'Portsmouth Corporation' setup was a result of some horrific 1960s legislation seeking to treat councils like private companies.

Thanks to Wiki, I now know that this silliness was in operation waaaay back in the sepia-toned smog-ridden days of Victoriana.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

[schmindie] wrote:
Lost in Transportation wrote: They were the old corporation colours so its a nod to the history of the city. Thought you were making an historical observation with the maroon/salmon pink combination.
Ah, cheers - course they were - as per the old 'corp' buses - and agree that would be a nice touch.

Yep, maroon/salmon pink was historical observation - I'm surprised we've not had a 'proper' salmon pink top since the 87/88 Admiral shirt - I thought something traditional would be a nice way to mark the rebirth of the club.
The football club might not, but we have... http://cophc.co.uk/