Away games next season.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Beautiful Game
Billy The Boot Boy

Away games next season.

Post by The Beautiful Game »

Looking at the size of some of the grounds away tickets might be difficult to get hold of for certain games, even as a ST holder. I'm thinking Wimbledon here, just up the road in Kingston, if its a saturday game I can see demand far outstripping supply.

Will the smaller clubs take advantage of our away support and bump up the prices for us ? Are they even allowed to do this ?
“To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"
JB Priestly 1929
pompeypanther
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Away games next season.

Post by pompeypanther »

Very useful bit from Donald on POL (sorry for stealing....)
We're all going on a League Two tour! Now this season is over we can start thinking about the next one. Here is the make-up of our division next year - in brackets is the number of tickets they usually give away fans (http://www.footballgroundguide.com/about.htm). While those with plenty of seats may increase our allocation given our relative stature, you need only look to Brentford & Shrewsbury to see that not all clubs will be this enterprising. I think most allocations listed here should be more or less enough for us, but it may be worth signing yourself up to the home fan database for one or two of these now - I can see the 700 at AFC Wimbledon going pretty quickly, for starters!

Accrington Stanley (1,500 standing, 300 seats)
AFC Wimbledon (700 standing)
Bristol Rovers (1,100 seats)
Bury (2,000 seats)
Chesterfield (2,112 seats)
Dagenham & Redbridge (1,200 seats)
Exeter City (1,000 standing, 200 seats)
Fleetwood Town (831 standing, 300 seats)
Hartlepool United (967 seats)
Mansfield Town (1,800 seats)
Morecambe (1,700 seats)
Oxford United (5,000 seats - err, should be OK for this one!)
Plymouth Argyle (2,022 seats)
Portsmouth
Rochdale (3,650 seats)
Scunthorpe United (1,650 seats)
Southend United (1,200 seats)
Torquay United (1,100 standing, 500 seats)
Wycombe Wanderers (2,350 seats)
York City (2,000 standing, 300 seats)

(Plus five from these, who are in the D4/D5 play-offs still)
Bradford City (1,800 seats)
Burton Albion (1,400 standing, 400 seats)
Cheltenham Town (1,100 seats)
Grimsby Town (2,200 seats, where we can sing ourselves hoarse in the Findus stand)
Kidderminster Harriers (1,500 standing)
Newport County (580 seats)
Northampton Town (1,100 seats)
Wrexham (2,000 seats)

I've also put all of this into a map, so you can easily see which ones you're local to. Clubs in red are definite, clubs in yellow might be in the league, and we're in blue (obviously). Check it out here http://mapsengine.google.com/map/view?m ... zSb2Y3bU48
Really useful for those planning an invasion.... Though I found I had to view the map in Firefox?
"When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail...."
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Donald on POL wrote:Grimsby Town (2,200 seats, where we can sing ourselves hoarse in the Findus stand)
Very good!
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

the_lock_man wrote:
Donald on POL wrote:Grimsby Town (2,200 seats, where we can sing ourselves hoarse in the Findus stand)
Very good!
:rofl
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

The club should organise an away season ticket. £300 (or whatever) and you get a ticket to every away game; clearly limited availability.

Reward the regular away supporters, not those that only go to the nearby grounds. I do not include myself in this, but would regard it as fairer if I missed out to a regular rather than just someone online quicker than me.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Pompey Penguin wrote:The club should organise an away season ticket. £300 (or whatever) and you get a ticket to every away game; clearly limited availability.
I have read somewhere that there is going to be an away season ticket this season, so I'm sure details will be released soon. Though I may have imagined it as I slowly slide into blissful dementia. Where did I put that pen?
Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Post by Here comes AFC »

Pompey Penguin wrote:The club should organise an away season ticket. £300 (or whatever) and you get a ticket to every away game; clearly limited availability.

Reward the regular away supporters, not those that only go to the nearby grounds. I do not include myself in this, but would regard it as fairer if I missed out to a regular rather than just someone online quicker than me.
Not sure away tickets should be subsidised by the club, so nearer £460
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Here comes AFC wrote:

I would have thought the 300GBP would have gone to the Trust and people would still buy their official ticket from the club, just they're guaranteed the availability.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Is it fair to penalise supporters who geographically find it hard to get to FP but could more easily show their support at another ground?
Someone who holds a season ticket isn't any more of a supporter than someone who doesnt
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

It's a difficult one and I'm sure we've all got different views on the matter. However, at least now I feel that these opinions can be given to the club and actually used; it does feel more like we can all now actually make a difference. I'm sure Micah Hall and/or Johnny Moore will welcome any such comments.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

RubiconCSL wrote:It's a difficult one and I'm sure we've all got different views on the matter. However, at least now I feel that these opinions can be given to the club and actually used; it does feel more like we can all now actually make a difference. I'm sure Micah Hall and/or Johnny Moore will welcome any such comments.
Isn't this what the Fans Conference is working towards with its various working subgroups? A conduit into the club.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Post by Here comes AFC »

uspompeyfan wrote:
Here comes AFC wrote:

I would have thought the 300GBP would have gone to the Trust and people would still buy their official ticket from the club, just they're guaranteed the availability.
I can't see anyone paying £300 + ticket prices (roughly £460) to guarantee a ticket for every away game