What A Liberating Feeling...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Farmers Boy
Kev the Kitman

Re: What A Liberating Feeling...

Post by Farmers Boy »

Before any of you start yelling "liar" and "hypocrite"..have temporarily revived account to check out Eldon bash.
Don't Mistake Kindness For Weakness.
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

Milkins wrote:I used to have a set of spanners but never felt inclined to go seeking out every nut and bolt I could find.

I guess you're either disposed towards addiction or you're not. Not recognising you have an addiction is bad. Recognising your addiction and doing something about it is good. Recognising your addiction and doing nothing is, like, well bad.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Spider-Solita ... id=5297398

nah - I bet that your contents of your shed is filed in alphabetical order.

C'mon! Come clean, Milkins
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Chaps, chill, FB is what you want it to be. For me it is just one other way of keeping in touch with friends and family near and far. I have a sister living in Australia, and a brother in USA, and we all have kids, so for us it is fantastic. I do find it fascinating reading some of my friends' posts - it's like a psychology car crash!! And Widley, if you are having a dig at my (as a friend of yours on FB) checking in to the Old Lady every other week then tough matey - de-friend me :lol:
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Selsey Bill wrote:Chaps, chill, FB is what you want it to be. For me it is just one other way of keeping in touch with friends and family near and far. I have a sister living in Australia, and a brother in USA, and we all have kids, so for us it is fantastic. I do find it fascinating reading some of my friends' posts - it's like a psychology car crash!! And Widley, if you are having a dig at my (as a friend of yours on FB) checking in to the Old Lady every other week then tough matey - de-friend me :lol:
Totally agree Bill. For me it's great to have a relationship with my American nieces and nephews which I would never have had without Facebook. We share day to day nonsense which makes us so much closer than we would ever have been. All my friends on FB are people I know and care about. Scary that its at 100 friends. Didn't know I really knew 100 people - but then you see others on there who have several hundred....I wouldn't do that. But then I try hard not to judge. As Pompski says, you take from it what you want. I like it. So there.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:I like it. So there.
Me too, just don't get why you wouldn't
Bernster
Gary O'Neil

Post by Bernster »

Farmers Boy wrote:Before any of you start yelling "liar" and "hypocrite"..have temporarily revived account to check out Eldon bash.
<LIKE>
"Trust in no one, trust in the Trust"
formerly known as
Kev the Kitman

Post by formerly known as »

Selsey Bill wrote:Chaps, chill, FB is what you want it to be. For me it is just one other way of keeping in touch with friends and family near and far. I have a sister living in Australia, and a brother in USA, and we all have kids, so for us it is fantastic. I do find it fascinating reading some of my friends' posts - it's like a psychology car crash!! And Widley, if you are having a dig at my (as a friend of yours on FB) checking in to the Old Lady every other week then tough matey - de-friend me :lol:

Only ex's get de-friended ( and although you did hit on me, I'm not counting you), and for a very good reason, the one good thing about facebook is they help you to find who is trying to access your account when you're being hacked.

I cringe at some peoples car crash stuff, but funnier will be the responses from the fake friends.

Widley is a work (I don't like this)
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Ziggy Stardust wrote:I like it. So there.
Me too, just don't get why you wouldn't
I can definitely see benefits in using FB, Twitter etc for commerce but if I'm giving reasons against using social media for individuals...

There's a lot to be said for having as low an online profile as possible.

In my experience there's a reason why you've left people in the past and have fallen out of contact.

(Touching upon Ziggy's comment) I couldn't care less about the daily minutia of people's lives beyond those living in my household. Surely most people don't really?

There are plenty of alternative methods of communication.