Can those with rose tinted glasses finally remove them

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Re: Can those with rose tinted glasses finally remove them

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

uspompeyfan wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:You're just making things up about me now, which is a very weird defence. In football parlance, an own goal.
There are enough argumentative threads over the past months that disproves this statement.
uspompeyfan wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:You're just making things up about me now, which is a very weird defence. In football parlance, an own goal.
There are enough argumentative threads over the past months that disproves this statement.
Indulge me, then, and point me to a thread where I accuse anyone of being a 'Right wing looney' (sic) or anything even similar to this, as you reckon this is my 'common accusation'.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

uspompeyfan wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:
Indulge me, then, and point me to a thread where I accuse anyone of being a 'Right wing looney' (sic) or anything even similar to this, as you reckon this is my 'common accusation'.
CoshamScouse
Gary O'Neil

Post by CoshamScouse »

uspompeyfan wrote:There are enough argumentative threads over the past months that disproves this statement.
Yeah but "proof" to a dangerous creationist loony isn't the same thing as "proof" to anyone else.
...he crawls out from the darkness....
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

CoshamScouse wrote:
uspompeyfan wrote:There are enough argumentative threads over the past months that disproves this statement.
Yeah but "proof" to a dangerous creationist loony isn't the same thing as "proof" to anyone else.
You need to visit the Creation Museum in Petersburg Kentucky then Andy. The proof is here...
Creation Museum wrote:The state-of-the-art 70,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life, casting its characters and animals in dynamic form and placing them in familiar settings. Adam and Eve live in the Garden of Eden. Children play and dinosaurs roam near Eden’s Rivers. The serpent coils cunningly in the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Majestic murals, great masterpieces brimming with pulsating colors and details, provide a backdrop for many of the settings.
http://creationmuseum.org/
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

CoshamScouse wrote:
Ah, he crawls out from the darkness...... you have yet to determine how I am dangerous and while I am a Creationist (with a capital C please), I don't believe I am a loony... but truth to you isn't in your realm of understanding.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
Indulge me, then, and point me to a thread where I accuse anyone of being a 'Right wing looney' (sic) or anything even similar to this, as you reckon this is my 'common accusation'.[/quote]

Look back at the many threads that argued Faith and the proof will be there.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Ooooh - what a lot of Neros.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

uspompeyfan wrote:Look back at the many threads that argued Faith and the proof will be there.
No, I won't. It's your theory, so the onus is on you to provide the evidence. Otherwise people will think you're just making things up.

It's just like discussing the existence of gods, isn't it?
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

uspompeyfan wrote:Look back at the many threads that argued Faith and the proof will be there.
No, I won't. It's your theory, so the onus is on you to provide the evidence. Otherwise people will think you're just making things up.

No, I only believe in one God.
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

uspompeyfan wrote:

No, I only believe in one God.
Knew this would come back to Matt Le Tissier eventually :D
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

I look through this thread for a discussion on how our beloved club is performing and what the opinion is regarding our form and manager.
All I see is a highjacked thread (and I dont mean Linny with his Matt Le Pish statement)
Please will the two(?) of you desist. Set up another thread to argue to finer points of religion, loonies, etc or better still PM each other so that we don't see your ranting.
I know that we are lucky to live in a free world with free speech and you guys are entitled to opinions, but please have some modesty and try to curb it.
I too am free to have my say and could, of course, opt out of looking at the thread or opt out of this board, which would be a shame for all
I note that some familiar posters are not on here anymore.....this could be why
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

blue architect wrote:I look through this thread for a discussion on how our beloved club is performing and what the opinion is regarding our form and manager.
All I see is a highjacked thread (and I dont mean Linny with his Matt Le Pish statement)
Please will the two(?) of you desist. Set up another thread to argue to finer points of religion, loonies, etc or better still PM each other so that we don't see your ranting.
I know that we are lucky to live in a free world with free speech and you guys are entitled to opinions, but please have some modesty and try to curb it.
I too am free to have my say and could, of course, opt out of looking at the thread or opt out of this board, which would be a shame for all
Not sure you've really grasped what the internet is about...
CoshamScouse
Gary O'Neil

Post by CoshamScouse »

uspompeyfan wrote:Ah, he crawls out from the darkness....
I like that, that's cool! Thanks, USPF...
...he crawls out from the darkness....
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

We've played some nice stuff this season and there's been some garbage thrown in.

Those who are claiming that there's some sort of mutiny going on in the background are extrapolating wildly. It would be some going if GW had lost a squad of players he's brought in with less than ten games gone in to the season - and would reflect pretty badly on those players.

The side needs to find it's balance - and the variations on a theme that are required for different sorts of matches. That may, or may not come. If anyone claims to know if it's going to happen this early in a long season then they're lying - they might be proved right, but they're guessing at best.
If you've got something left to say, you'd better say it now.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

blue architect wrote:I look through this thread for a discussion on how our beloved club is performing and what the opinion is regarding our form and manager.
In my defense, I started the thread as a football one and just defended comments made at me.