Racon and a loan goalie?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Racon and a loan goalie?

Post by Far Post Brisley »

Apparently training with Pompey this week, Thierry Racon, still a free agent after pricing himself out of Pompey range in the summer and one of two junior goalkeepers.
according to their voices, One American/Canadian, one French/Belgian/Swiss.

Detective work so far.... My knowledge of the premiership is limited now Pompey aren't in it but I know Southampton have a very highly rated American Goalkeeper who goes by the unlikely name of Cody Cropper!
If the other one is the Swiss U21 goalie from Aston Villa Ben Siegrist.
Either would be great but I fear neither would want to come to League 2.

I will keep looking lower down the leagues.

Otherwise the only goalie I recognise from the PFA free agent list is former Brighton Michel Kuipers
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Racon and a loan goalie?

Post by rumourmonger »

According to some Facebook group that my son belongs to , Therry Racon , goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barratt and defensive midfielder Gavin Mahon are all training with Pompey.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

rumourmonger wrote:According to some Facebook group that my son belongs to , Therry Racon , goalkeeper Arran Lee-Barratt and defensive midfielder Gavin Mahon are all training with Pompey.
Must be kosher if it's on Farcebook :wink:
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-5543275

It's kosherness has just gone up a notch ?
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

rumourmonger wrote:http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompe ... -1-5543275

It's kosherness has just gone up a notch ?

Journo checks out Facebook shocker.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

At the risk of being accused of starting unwarranted rumours, the two young goalies were in goal for 20 minutes each at a trial match. They are registered with teams (IE U21 squads for Prem or post academy teams) - apparently both did well, but loan recall is the concern, as that happened last year with Cisak of Oldham, after 1 game for us, man of the match, clean sheet, went back!
So Aaron Lee Barrett unregistered, is on the PFA list Ipswich and Millwall, previously. Not many games for a 29 year old goalkeeper- career so far as bench warmer.
Deja vu anyone?
blitzoid
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by blitzoid »

Far Post Brisley wrote:At the risk of being accused of starting unwarranted rumours, the two young goalies were in goal for 20 minutes each at a trial match. They are registered with teams (IE U21 squads for Prem or post academy teams) - apparently both did well, but loan recall is the concern, as that happened last year with Cisak of Oldham, after 1 game for us, man of the match, clean sheet, went back!
So Aaron Lee Barrett unregistered, is on the PFA list Ipswich and Millwall, previously. Not many games for a 29 year old goalkeeper- career so far as bench warmer.
Deja vu anyone?
Bring back Yoshi!
Its such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

blitzoid wrote:
Far Post Brisley wrote:At the risk of being accused of starting unwarranted rumours, the two young goalies were in goal for 20 minutes each at a trial match. They are registered with teams (IE U21 squads for Prem or post academy teams) - apparently both did well, but loan recall is the concern, as that happened last year with Cisak of Oldham, after 1 game for us, man of the match, clean sheet, went back!
Deja vu anyone?
Bring back Yoshi!
I personally got a bit emotional when Yoshi had his "half at Bradford", it included a great tip over and proved how popular he was even if he was not as good as Shaka at being a goalkeeper.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Racon was good for us once he got fit last season, and was becoming one of my favourite players towards the end of the season. I would have thought though that we need more cover in the back 4 than in midfield? It's at the back where we seem to have most issues. As for the GK, would love to get Hendo back, but that ain't gonna happen :-(
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

Selsey Bill wrote:Racon was good for us once he got fit last season, and was becoming one of my favourite players towards the end of the season. I would have thought though that we need more cover in the back 4 than in midfield? It's at the back where we seem to have most issues. As for the GK, would love to get Hendo back, but that ain't gonna happen :-(
could do with some midfield invention rather than backwards or sideways
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I think Racon is a good move. With Ferry injured and Ertl strangely out of form, there is a need in that area. (Ertl is my disappointing player of the season so far; no idea what is going on with him).

I am beginning to think it's time to actually commit to Wallace and play him either with one of Racon/Ertl/Ferry or just ahead of two of them in the middle. He is our one creative player who is not a winger. What we are doing isn't working, so let's try something different.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Penguin wrote:I think Racon is a good move. With Ferry injured and Ertl strangely out of form, there is a need in that area. (Ertl is my disappointing player of the season so far; no idea what is going on with him).

I am beginning to think it's time to actually commit to Wallace and play him either with one of Racon/Ertl/Ferry or just ahead of two of them in the middle. He is our one creative player who is not a winger. What we are doing isn't working, so let's try something different.
Completely agree with everything you have said above PP. Get the feeling Ertl is being picked purely because he is our club captain- it certainly isn't because of his form which has been mediocre at best. The other player whose form has dropped off a cliff is Barcham - he looked a world beater for the first few games.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

Selsey Bill wrote:
Pompey Penguin wrote:I think Racon is a good move. With Ferry injured and Ertl strangely out of form, there is a need in that area. (Ertl is my disappointing player of the season so far; no idea what is going on with him).

Completely agree with everything you have said above PP. Get the feeling Ertl is being picked purely because he is our club captain- it certainly isn't because of his form which has been mediocre at best. The other player whose form has dropped off a cliff is Barcham - he looked a world beater for the first few games.
Even so I'd still play Barcham. He is a threat when he is on form and I don't really see another option on that side of the pitch. I'd personally like to see a bit of a change in the way we play, both to sure up the defence and also to accomodate Wallace in a more central creative role.

Keeper

East Bradley Devera Painter

Ertl Ferry

Holmes Wallace Barcham

Agyemang

The rate we are conceding goals at the moment I really think we need two players to sit in front of the back 4 to give them some protection.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Pompey Penguin wrote:I am beginning to think it's time to actually commit to Wallace and play him either with one of Racon/Ertl/Ferry or just ahead of two of them in the middle. He is our one creative player who is not a winger. What we are doing isn't working, so let's try something different.
As ever,the Penguin nails it - it's time to base the team formation around Wallace (i.e. play him as a modern number ten) rather than just fit him into the team's normal formation. We have a talent here, let's use this talent properly. After all, it's not as if he's going to be with us for long!
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Well, the loan goalie has come to fruition today, and according to the ever-reliable (!) Jordan Cross, talks are ongoing with both Gavin Mahon and Therry Racon with a view to them being in the squad for Saturday.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour