Current top two stories on the BBC website...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Current top two stories on the BBC website...

Post by Milkins »

1: US begins shutdown amid budget row

2: Danny Dyer to take over Queen Vic

I love this country.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Farmers Boy
Kev the Kitman

Re: Current top two stories on the BBC website...

Post by Farmers Boy »

Milkins wrote:1: US begins shutdown amid budget row

2: Danny Dyer to take over Queen Vic

I love this country.

In a parallel universe,the Queen Vic would shut down and Dyer takes over the US....small mercies...or perhaps not.
Don't Mistake Kindness For Weakness.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

I know Danny quite well, just finished one film with him and am currency filming another now, am genuinely pleased for him, its a great move, he is a unfairly maligned actor, he is much more talented than people give him credit for.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:I know Danny quite well, just finished one film with him and am currency filming another now, am genuinely pleased for him, its a great move, he is a unfairly maligned actor, he is much more talented than people give him credit for.
Whilst I'm delighted for both you and Danny, that's not really what the thread was about.

Perhaps there'll be storyline whereby the falling value of Yankee Gov bonds lead to higher interest rates around the world and Danny is faced with impossible mortgage payments.

(If I see that story line, I'll be wanting royalties...)
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

I'd like to see Danny Dyer play a role that isn't a hard-man East end geezer. I think we'll find out how good an actor he is then.
I am me, the universe and you.
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Pompski! wrote:I'd like to see Danny Dyer play a role that isn't a hard-man East end geezer. I think we'll find out how good an actor he is then.
He's 'done' Pinter several times, he was Pinter's favourite actor for his work
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

Milkins wrote:
Wimbledon Blue wrote:I know Danny quite well, just finished one film with him and am currency filming another now, am genuinely pleased for him, its a great move, he is a unfairly maligned actor, he is much more talented than people give him credit for.
Whilst I'm delighted for both you and Danny, that's not really what the thread was about.

Perhaps there'll be storyline whereby the falling value of Yankee Gov bonds lead to higher interest rates around the world and Danny is faced with impossible mortgage payments.

Heaven forbid a thread changes direction :shock:
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Wimbledon Blue wrote:
Milkins wrote:

Heaven forbid a thread changes direction :shock:
This place is lawless, feckin' lawless I tell you...
Far Post Brisley
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Far Post Brisley »

Pompski! wrote:I'd like to see Danny Dyer play a role that isn't a hard-man East end geezer. I think we'll find out how good an actor he is then.
He does comedy quite well.

He went up in my estimation as an actor playing the pratfall character in Vinny Jones UK Soccer version of Mean Machine.
Billy the Limpet is rubbish at football but worships the hero, in comic style, he scores the winner in the end!

He also played a lead role in the film version of Run for your Wife (Ray Cooney farce) which wasn't very good.

He also is to be applauded for giving the straightest answer to a daft question on radio.

Q. So Deadliest Men 3, what made you do another series?
A. Money. They pay me money to present it; money helps pay my mortgage and keeps my family happy. :lol:

He comes across as a decent enough bloke, good luck to him..
"Oh, well, that's the end of this suit!"
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Danny Dyer in Straightheads (with Gillian Anderson) is excellent. He tones the cockney wideboy act way down and comes up with a pretty compelling character.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

He is good in this, i promise!

[youtube][/youtube]
Ronnie Pander
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ronnie Pander »

Let's not forget his tact and elegant way with the English language ...

<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

He did a brilliant little series on Dermot O'Leary's saturday radio show called "Danny Dyer's Male Voice Choirs" in which he spoke of the social role of choirs and played tracks from some quite obscure albums. I suppose he might have been reading someone else's script, but I don't think so.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Gone Fishing... wrote:Let's not forget his tact and elegant way with the English language ...

How eloquent. He sounds ghastly. Thankfully, I've never heard of the chap. Anyway, whatever happened to Dirty Den? Thought he was the landlord of the Queen Vic.