Party Conferences

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Party Conferences

Post by portchesterblue »

pompeygunner wrote:
portchesterblue wrote:I think the problem with Bob Crow is not that he earns £150k, that apparantly comes with his position, its the fact that he earns £150k lives a very comfortable lifestyle and yet claims to be one of the "working classes" the same as the people he represents who earn £15k a year and struggle make ends meet.

You are not working Class Mr Crow, so stop pretending you are, you earn a lot of money to do your job, concentrate on that and actually DO something for the "working Class Comrades" rather than trying to be one.

And on a personal level, yes i do find him a complete cock, who would argue that black was white if it was a tory or said black is black
How on earth can you accuse all union leaders of being cocks because of the actions on a personal level of your grandfather, sorry but that beggars belief. Thats just tarring every union member almost with the same brush because your grandad wasn't a pleasant person.
Surely you have to see the bigger picture?? My Grandad was a bastard therefore.................
Bob Crow is working class btw. If I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't start talking with a plum in my mouth & acting all lah de dah. With respect Portchester Blue I think you're letting personal feelings cloud your judgement, by the sounds of things he was indeed a very nasty piece of work, but you know as well as I do you get that in all walks of life. Whatever party you vote for its a 100% certainty that they have some not very nice people in their ranks-you going desert them??

erm think your mixing up your postings there gunner
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Sorry about that portchesterblue, got way ahead of myself there.
My points should've been directed @ panther of course.
Apologies.
pompeypanther
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeypanther »

pompeygunner wrote:
portchesterblue wrote:I think the problem with Bob Crow is not that he earns £150k, that apparantly comes with his position, its the fact that he earns £150k lives a very comfortable lifestyle and yet claims to be one of the "working classes" the same as the people he represents who earn £15k a year and struggle make ends meet.

You are not working Class Mr Crow, so stop pretending you are, you earn a lot of money to do your job, concentrate on that and actually DO something for the "working Class Comrades" rather than trying to be one.

And on a personal level, yes i do find him a complete cock, who would argue that black was white if it was a tory or said black is black
How on earth can you accuse all union leaders of being cocks because of the actions on a personal level of your grandfather, sorry but that beggars belief. Thats just tarring every union member almost with the same brush because your grandad wasn't a pleasant person.
Surely you have to see the bigger picture?? My Grandad was a bastard therefore.................
Bob Crow is working class btw. If I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't start talking with a plum in my mouth & acting all lah de dah. With respect Portchester Blue I think you're letting personal feelings cloud your judgement, by the sounds of things he was indeed a very nasty piece of work, but you know as well as I do you get that in all walks of life. Whatever party you vote for its a 100% certainty that they have some not very nice people in their ranks-you going desert them??

My dealings with unions are not restricted to just my grandfather and it is the whole that has shaped my view of union leaders, not just family. Yes, sometimes they do good (a striker that kicks enough balls towards a goal will score some), but on the whole they come across as "I'm alright Jack, so lets use you as cannon fodder 'cos I hate the Tories/Liberals/Labour".

Unions can, and do, do good: it's just the cocks at the top I hate.
"When you have a hammer everything looks like a nail...."