Jed stays at Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 70 times

Jed stays at Pompey

Post by Selsey Bill »

Best bit of transfer business this transfer window?
Dr Watson
Robbie Pethick

Re: Jed stays at Pompey

Post by Dr Watson »

We must hope so Mr Selsey.

If this wretched weather permits, I look forward as always to your observations of the game.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Provided he signs a new contract it's good news.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Correct. Otherwise I assume we get bugger all for him if he wants to walk in the summer.
From the Ashes wrote:Provided he signs a new contract it's good news.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

RubiconCSL wrote:Correct. Otherwise I assume we get bugger all for him if he wants to walk in the summer.
It might make him buck his ideas up and play half decent football for the rest of the season
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

portchesterblue wrote:
RubiconCSL wrote:Correct. Otherwise I assume we get bugger all for him if he wants to walk in the summer.
It might make him buck his ideas up and play half decent football for the rest of the season
I agree, and he wasn't great on Saturday, but I'm beginning to think he's being played out of position. I wonder whether he wouldn't be better placed in central midfield, just in behind the striker/s?
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

He is clearly a talented player but it appears that something has got into his head recently, more than likely that he felt he was moving onwards and upwards, unfortunately there was not a stampede to sign him so i think he realises that Pompey is his short term future is at Pompey. Lets hope that his performance return to previous form now the distrcation has gone.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Portchester PFC wrote:He is clearly a talented player but it appears that something has got into his head recently, more than likely that he felt he was moving onwards and upwards, unfortunately there was not a stampede to sign him so i think he realises that Pompey is his short term future is at Pompey. Lets hope that his performance return to previous form now the distrcation has gone.
Agree with all of that. He must have hit the bar or post at least 6 or 7 times this season. I suspect if they had all gone in he'd have had a great deal more interest. As you rightly suggest, hopefully he will now get his head down and focus on his performances and get himself back in the shop window with some great displays that we know he is capable of.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Selsey Bill wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:He is clearly a talented player but it appears that something has got into his head recently, more than likely that he felt he was moving onwards and upwards, unfortunately there was not a stampede to sign him so i think he realises that Pompey is his short term future is at Pompey. Lets hope that his performance return to previous form now the distrcation has gone.
Agree with all of that. He must have hit the bar or post at least 6 or 7 times this season. I suspect if they had all gone in he'd have had a great deal more interest. As you rightly suggest, hopefully he will now get his head down and focus on his performances and get himself back in the shop window with some great displays that we know he is capable of.
We can only hope SB !

We need to start firing on all cylinders very soon.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

Portchester PFC wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
We can only hope SB !

plus people who live nearby him have remarked about the noisy parties that seem to go on regularly, maybe this is part of the footballer life style kicking in
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Purbrook Chimes wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
We can only hope SB !

plus people who live nearby him have remarked about the noisy parties that seem to go on regularly, maybe this is part of the footballer life style kicking in
Are you serious with that one PC ?
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Purbrook Chimes
Kev the Kitman

Post by Purbrook Chimes »

Portchester PFC wrote:
Purbrook Chimes wrote:
Portchester PFC wrote:
Selsey Bill wrote:
We can only hope SB !

Are you serious with that one PC ?
afraid so, but as usual its from a friend of a friend so take it with a pinch of salt
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Ok, well i guess the parties would not have been celebrating wins and goals, maybe man of the match awards..... :D
Heaven's Light Our Guide
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

I'm probably wrong, but I feel sure I've read something about a longish contract that he signed pre season with a view to him not moving on for nothing at the end of the season. Can anyone confirm this or does his present contract run out at the end of this season?
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:I'm probably wrong, but I feel sure I've read something about a longish contract that he signed pre season with a view to him not moving on for nothing at the end of the season. Can anyone confirm this or does his present contract run out at the end of this season?
The club applied the one-year option to his contract when the takeover occurred in April. That runs out at the end of June. Being under 24, any move within England would be subject to compensation being paid for the three years that Jed has been at Fratton.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.