The Russkis

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

The Russkis

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

"Earlier, Mr Hague said the decision to impose travel bans and asset freezes on Russian officials showed the EU's "resolve" over the situation and warned of further steps, including reducing the gas it bought from Russia." (bbc)

So Hague thinks banning Boris's press secretary from weekends in Paris and the threat to buy less gas is a strong reaction?
Yeah...really....Peace through strength Bill!

All y'all continental euro ninnies will be lucky if Boris Cossack isn't in Berlin by 2020 at this rate.
Playground bullies only quit when they get smacked upside the head.

Still...y'all keep talking and disarming your military....you know best!

btw...Putins punishment for annexing bits of Georgia was getting the Olympics and the world cup!
What are y'all going to give him for Crimea?
Div III. Call it what it is.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Re: The Russkis

Post by Earl Grey »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: btw...Putins punishment for annexing bits of Georgia was getting the Olympics and the world cup!
The USA!
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:btw...Putins punishment for annexing bits of Georgia was getting the Olympics and the world cup!
We were thinking Alaska or Hawaii, or maybe both :wink:
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Oops, beat me to it.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Well. The yanks are pulling out of Afghanistan so they will need another war to keep the economy going so i suppose it won't be long before they will throw their hand in and start moving war canoes out to the med area en mase. Just hope we don't follow them into it this time as this has the potential to easily become the next WW.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

nice fair vote too by the sound of it, do you want to vote for
A: joining Russia

or

B:leaving Ukraine

its a miracle they only got a 98% in favour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

portchesterblue wrote:nice fair vote too by the sound of it, do you want to vote for
A: joining Russia

or

B:leaving Ukraine

its a miracle they only got a 98% in favour
Well they couldn't let it be 100% or we'd all be getting suspicious about the validity of the referendum.........oh, hang on....
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

I dont believe that they have made public the turn out either, could have been a few of Putins mates and nobody else !
Heaven's Light Our Guide
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Thing is, we're a bit war weary right now and I don't think we have anything like the standing armies in Germany that we used to.
So, what are the continental ninnies going to do if the sht ever hits the fan? I don't think they could raise an army or air force between them and even if they could they are just soooooo slow and clumsy on the reaction front.
Putins move into Ukraine was obviously a reaction to events.....but the speed, skill and efficiency with which it was carried out suggest planning long term awaiting action at the right moment. All these former Soviet nations gave up their nukes in exchange for territorial integrtiy.
They must be regretting that move a bit now.
Ukraine....if you haven't checked yer map book lately, borders Poland, Moldova, Belarus and the former Soviet Baltic states.
If the russkis decided Belarus would be a nice next stop, y'all wouldn't have a political leg to stand on as its currently a corrupt dictatorship and Boris would have a nice pretext for going there.
Then what?
Ya'll need a rapid reaction Euro land/air force in Europe that by now should be moving assets into Poland.
Still, y'all keep dithering with bank accounts and passports and have Merkel issue a finger wagging.
Get some balls!
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Thing is, we're a bit war weary right now and I don't think we have anything like the standing armies in Germany that we used to.
So, what are the continental ninnies going to do if the sht ever hits the fan? I don't think they could raise an army or air force between them and even if they could they are just soooooo slow and clumsy on the reaction front.
Putins move into Ukraine was obviously a reaction to events.....but the speed, skill and efficiency with which it was carried out suggest planning long term awaiting action at the right moment. All these former Soviet nations gave up their nukes in exchange for territorial integrtiy.
Ukraine....if you haven't checked yer map book lately, borders Poland, Moldova, Belarus and the former Soviet Baltic states.
If the russkis decided Belarus would be a nice next stop, y'all wouldn't have a political leg to stand on as its currently a corrupt dictatorship and Boris would have a nice pretext for going there.
Then what?
Ya'll need a rapid reaction Euro land/air force in Europe that by now should be moving assets into Poland.
Still, y'all keep dithering with bank accounts and passports and have Merkel issue a finger wagging.
Get some balls!
Its ok Cinc, the yanks with their size tens will have gone stomping in before we need to mobilise aything, did they not learn anything from the cuban missile crisis, that could have easily escalated into the next world war and so could this.

I guess the yanks have never been good at diplomacy, lets hope they learn some before we all get dragged into something nobody really wants.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Thing is, we're a bit war weary right now and I don't think we have anything like the standing armies in Germany that we used to.
Then what?
Get some balls!
I thought the Russian troops were already based there? Hence the speed and reaction being so quick they didn't have to go anywhere.
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Mmm maybe a bit hasty in hindsight.....

http://www.stripes.com/news/us-army-s-l ... y-1.214977
RadioDept
Martin Kuhl

Post by RadioDept »

Pompey1985 wrote:I thought the Russian troops were already based there? Hence the speed and reaction being so quick they didn't have to go anywhere.
Yeah, this. They already had a fair number of forces there. Radio 4 were suggesting that the only thing of any strategic importance in the region was the naval base the Russians already had there anyway.
RadioDept
Martin Kuhl

Post by RadioDept »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Still...y'all keep talking and disarming your military....you know best!
That's exactly what the USA are doing.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/ ... IO20140224
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Pompey1985 wrote:
I thought the Russian troops were already based there? Hence the speed and reaction being so quick they didn't have to go anywhere.
Yes, they have a perpetuity lease on the naval base at sevastapol which gave them a garrison of 25,000 so yo are correct...they didn't have to drive far. By speed of reaction, I should have added more detail, I'm refering to the FACT that all the armed soldiers and equipment had no insignia allowing deniabilty to the Russians who have been maintianing until today I think, that these fellows were local pro russian militia.
That shows forward planning.