Sacked in the morning...

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Sacked in the morning...

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

... you're getting sacked in the morning...
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Sacked in the morning...

Post by Mr Nuts »

Might aswell
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Seriously, does anyone still believe that Barker offers the best prospect of keeping us in the Football League?
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

I never thought I'd say this but the way I feel now , I'm beyond caring what they do with my club. They might as well put Wes Fogden in goal and play Carson up front. We'd have as much chance of keeping clean sheets and scoring goals as we do now. Sack Barker and let Westwood pick the team. It's all gone to ratshit and we are heading for the Conference.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Pompey Gary
Milan Mandaric

Post by Pompey Gary »

rumourmonger wrote:I never thought I'd say this but the way I feel now , I'm beyond caring what they do with my club. They might as well put Wes Fogden in goal and play Carson up front. We'd have as much chance of keeping clean sheets and scoring goals as we do now. Sack Barker and let Westwood pick the team. It's all gone to ratshit and we are heading for the Conference.
Know how you feel. Personally a non-league Pompey isn't somehow the same club. Obviously I don't support Pompey for glory but I do at least expect certain standards i.e. to be in the bl**dy league!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Great the M1 is closed.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Pompey1985 wrote:Great the M1 is closed.
That'll be where Barker parked the bus tonight then :wink:
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:... you're getting sacked in the morning...
Dead man walking.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

...oh OK, let's go for it! PS FFS, what on earth is that going to achieve? As a shareholder, I'll be bl**dy livid if they get rid of Barker right now.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:Seriously, does anyone still believe that Barker offers the best prospect of keeping us in the Football League?
:roll:
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey Gary wrote:
rumourmonger wrote:I never thought I'd say this but the way I feel now , I'm beyond caring what they do with my club. They might as well put Wes Fogden in goal and play Carson up front. We'd have as much chance of keeping clean sheets and scoring goals as we do now. Sack Barker and let Westwood pick the team. It's all gone to ratshit and we are heading for the Conference.
Know how you feel. Personally a non-league Pompey isn't somehow the same club. Obviously I don't support Pompey for glory but I do at least expect certain standards i.e. to be in the bl**dy league!
Pompey is Pompey mate!
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Selsey Bill wrote:...oh OK, let's go for it! PS FFS, what on earth is that going to achieve? As a shareholder, I'll be bl**dy livid if they get rid of Barker right now.
You think it could get any worse ?
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Selsey Bill wrote:...oh OK, let's go for it! PS FFS, what on earth is that going to achieve? As a shareholder, I'll be bl**dy livid if they get rid of Barker right now.
Bill, none of know what it would achieve to sack him now, but most of us have a pretty good idea what will happen if they don't. As a shareholder I'll be bl**dy livid if they keep him any longer, but I realise the board will be damned by some if they do and dammed by others if they don't.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

No Shot Sherlock wrote:
Bill, none of know what it would achieve to sack him now, but most of us have a pretty good idea what will happen if they don't. As a shareholder I'll be bl**dy livid if they keep him any longer, but I realise the board will be damned by some if they do and dammed by others if they don't.
We'll have to continue to beg to differ on this Sherl. Interestingly, was at the Emirates last night to witness Arsenal drawing 2-2 with Swansea. Their fans sound just the same as ours!
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

Someone somewhere has got to shape this group of non-performing players into a team and I'm afraid it doesn't look like Barker,
his style of management just isn't getting the desired results. Instead of getting the best out of these players he has merely succeeded in alienating most of them by his remarks in the Press. Listening to the commentary last night we had a bright start then as per Pompey it all 'fizzled out' . it would seem that the players are not producing basic football skills. Sloppy,loose, sliced and soft were the adjectives used to describe most of Pompey's attempted passes. The Express commentary team were often speechless at Pompey's lack of commitment . We have seen occasionally glimpses of skills they do possess but are now choosing not to use them, which in itself is a reflection of the morale at the Club.