Youth Academy

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Youth Academy

Post by richisbradders »

Not sure if had been put up here before but I could find anything. Another fund rasing for the academy training facilties with various levels of donations available. Seems really good idea to me and I'll be donating later on for sure.

https://www.tifosy.com/campaigns/pompey-academy
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Re: Youth Academy

Post by pompeyloyal »

Manager Andy Awford is calling on all Pompey fans of making his goal of a permanent home for the club's academy teams at the new training ground currently under construction at the Roko site in Copnor.

To play your part Andy wants you to join the club's fanfunding campaign created in partnership with Tifosy.com.

Fanfunding is a crowdfunding initiative especially designed for football clubs and looks to get a lot of people contribute a relatively small amount to create a substantial fund.

To create the two additional pitches will cost £250,000. To be certain that the project will go ahead the club needs to raise this money by the start of the season.

You can get involved by pledging a sum as little as £10 right up to £10,000. In exchange for your support the club has organised a series of rewards.

The core reward, which everyone will get if they pledge at least £25 is a virtual square metre of each of the two pitches. Each pitch is 6,600 square metres, so we are looking for 13200 Pompey fans to back our campaign and smash our target. If we do, every penny, after expenses, will go to further enhancing our academy facilities and in turn making Portsmouth FC an attractive option for talented young footballers in Portsmouth and beyond.

To contribute go to www.tifosy.com/pompey

This fanfunding campaign has been designed to complement other supporter fundraising efforts such as the PST community shares and the lottery.
PIPED ATMOSPHERE..............SUMS UP THE WURZELS REALLY
BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Post by BlueinMontreal »

Help build a permanent home for the Pompey Academy
SUPPORT THIS CAMPAIGN
SPREAD THE WORD Spread facebook Spread twitter

60 days left
£24,005 raised of £250,000
344 fanfunders
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Post by BlueinMontreal »

I think Pompey have missed out here, setting the minimum donation at 10 pound. That is still a lot of money for some people. Should have been 1 pound min.
A lot of people may also not find out about this scheme, so what's wrong with a few, good old fashioned, loose change collection points at some of the Portsmouth and surrounding shopping centers
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I think it is a fantastic idea, and one to which I have already contributed.

Received this email from the man himself yesterday:

Hi SB,

First of all I’d like to thank you for your loyal support for the club. It is very much appreciated by all of us at the club and I am already looking forward to the start of the new campaign.

But before then I would like to ask you for your support for a special project that is close to my heart and, I am sure close to yours as well.

As a player, coach and now manager of Pompey, the development of young players has always been in the forefront of my thoughts. Our Academy has consistently punched above its weight and we are seeing its fruits now as young players like Jed Wallace, Jack Whatmough, Adam Webster and Dan Butler have emerged as genuine prospects crucial to the future of this club.

To ensure we can continue to attract the best young talent in the Portsmouth area and beyond in the future however, we need to ensure our facilities are the best they can be.

We have made huge strides in the past six months and the new training ground at Roko is taking shape impressively. However, at the moment it is not possible for our Academy sides to play home fixtures at the site and make the most of the excellent facility we are creating there.

That’s where you, the best fans in the land, come in.

We need to build two new pitches at a cost of £250,000 and I feel sure all Pompey fans will want to play their part, along with me, in making this happen, but I need to know that money is in place by the start of the season to be certain the project can go ahead.

That is why I am asking every Pompey fan to join our exciting and innovative fan funding project, created in partnership with Tifosy, to raise the money we need to have these pitches in place for the summer of 2015.

You can contribute from as little as £10 and I will be personally grateful however much you can afford. However, for just £25, I’d encourage every Pompey fan to buy their virtual square metre of the two pitches we plan to build. That way the next time a Webster, Whatmough, Butler or Wallace runs out at Fratton Park for the first time you will know you helped sowed the seeds for it to happen. To find out how you can get involved and make a contribution, please visit tifosy.com/pompey.

Sincere thanks for your continued support

Play Up Pompey!

Andy Awford
Portsmouth FC Manager
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

£30,000 raised so far

60 days to go
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

think

TifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosyTifosy

surely
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

733 different fans donation to date..............34,000 to Wembley semi-final 2008

don't leave the hard work to the next fan

many hands make light work
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

if someone said to me its gonna cost me £25 for the Academy..............I`d snap their hand off

well I did actually

I remember well the days where we paid more `much more` for a season ticket............puts in perspective (I think) any extra money (on top of season ticket) we are paying at present...........the returns now are far far greater

an infrastructure is being laid FINALLY ;-)
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I posted the following on the other acadamy thread.....frankly I thought I might get some sort of reaction.
I'd rather be slammed than ignored you know. Being ignored lowers board cred.
I'll try again though....intrepid etc etc.

tbh....I find this whole thing a bit much.
Fair play to you if you gave or were involved.

But really....a league 2 club with 18000 gates doesn't have 50k?

What's next.....are we all supposed to pitch in for a striker?

Hey ho fans.....Milton End bathrooms need a paint job and Kev the Kitman deserves a raise.....donations greatly appreciated.
Div III. Call it what it is.
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Maybe it's more about getting people involved, than needing the money? Remember WWII, when all the railings on people's walls were chopped off "for the war effort". Apparently, none of it was needed, but it made people feel like they were making a difference and got them involved. If Pompey manage to raise the money and a good few hundred people donate, they at least will be very interested in what's happening. Youth teams don't really attract that much attention at a club that's happily trundling along. This could help to get the youth team and such much more attention.
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:I posted the following on the other acadamy thread.....frankly I thought I might get some sort of reaction.

Hey ho fans.....Milton End bathrooms need a paint job and Kev the Kitman deserves a raise.....donations greatly appreciated.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
RadioDept
Martin Kuhl

Post by RadioDept »

RubiconCSL wrote:Maybe it's more about getting people involved, than needing the money? Remember WWII, when all the railings on people's walls were chopped off "for the war effort". Apparently, none of it was needed, but it made people feel like they were making a difference and got them involved. If Pompey manage to raise the money and a good few hundred people donate, they at least will be very interested in what's happening. Youth teams don't really attract that much attention at a club that's happily trundling along. This could help to get the youth team and such much more attention.
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:I posted the following on the other acadamy thread.....frankly I thought I might get some sort of reaction.
I'll try again though....intrepid etc

See your point Mr Kid, and if it was - as you said - money for a new striker I would be equally sceptical. For me personally though, the opportunity to contribute towards something concrete does really appeal. I can't afford a season ticket, and I can't afford to buy a share. I can afford to give 25 quid for a virtual square metre of the training ground for the academy.

For me it's more about being involved (as has been said). Appreciate it's not for everyone, but it's a scheme I like. And if in five years time I'm watching some local lad come on to make his debut at Fratton will be nice to think I've made a tiny tiny contribution towards that.

Be interesting to see if they can raise the cash I guess. I hope so anyway.
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

``an infrastructure is being laid FINALLY``

so in 12/18 months time PFC could be debt free,a new/great pitch (which is being done at present at FP),with a new training ground which incorporates an Academy,a new cark park with plans being drawn up for ground/stand improvements,players being paid weekly wages which we can relate to more so.............& you never know we could be on the verge of starting a season in league 1 after watchin Pompey get promoted at a full to capacity Fortress Fratton

all for the price of a PST share and £25 to Tifosy and maybe £8 a month towards the Pompey Lottery (helps with the Academy running costs)

if you love the club and can afford it I think its a bl**dy amazing deal/return

ps no one has asked for money for players,kev the kitman or to paint any toilets

pps some were happy to pay £5/600 for a season ticket in the prem for a good few years and pay inflated entrance fees to away grounds

PLAY UP POMPEY innit
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/trust

Donny are doing a similar crowdfunding scheme to us

http://www.tifosy.com
pompeyloyal
Milan Mandaric

Post by pompeyloyal »

seen this:

``Help Share the Campaign with our Poster

If you have contributed to the Pompey Academy campaign, we need your help to promote the campaign to ensure we stand the best chance of reaching our £250,000 before the start of the season.

We’ve created a poster which you can now download and we’re looking for as many people as possible to take a selfie (that’s a picture of yourself holding it) and share it via social media to encourage other people to get involved.

If you mention @officialpompey and use hashtag #PompeyAcademy in your post we promise to retweet, favourite and like your efforts.

If you don’t use social media, don’t worry, you’re invited to print the poster and stick it in your shop or home window, car, office, or school or work noticeboard... in fact, the more creative you can be the better.

If you take a photo of your effort and send it to portsmouth@tifosy.com we also promise to publish some of the most creative locations.``

I`ve printed off 3..............I for my car,1 for mrs jam jar and 1 for the front room window...........tis only for 49 days