Kate's Bush

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Kate's Bush

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

(apostrophe snigger alert)

So...fascinating.....only ever done a live show once before and now she's got a sold out 20+ show run
I'd be all over that if I were dans le homeland.

Anyone got tickets?
Div III. Call it what it is.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Kate's Bush

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Sold out in 15 minutes, with the tickets being re-sold (apparently) on some sites for in excess of a grand (ouch!).

Very popular with 'men of a certain age' :D - although younger than a bunch of 'em, seems to include me. Think she's great, a *real* one-off. Yep, would've paid a good couple of hundred maybe.

All reports (so far) was that she was *very* good, a real "show". Sounded a 'little nervous' at first, that was about the only 'negative' I've read. (Not bad being as it's been 35 years since her last show. Only did that one tour. Don't think I would've got in aged 8 or 9. ) :D
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Apparently she didn't do Wuthering Heights and David Bowie and Madonna were in the audience. Concert goers said it was beautiful and cosmic - but they would, wouldn't they? Never got her meself. Too screechy. She did a song about a washing machine once. One of the strangest things I've ever heard.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Four days left from today, Wednesday 27th, on iPlayer - this BBC4 documentary is a must see...

You can download it to give you extra time to watch it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -that-hill
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Apparently she didn't do Wuthering Heights and David Bowie and Madonna were in the audience. Concert goers said it was beautiful and cosmic - but they would, wouldn't they? Never got her meself. Too screechy. She did a song about a washing machine once. One of the strangest things I've ever heard.
Slooshy sloshy slooshy sloshy
Get that dirty shirty clean
Slooshy sloshy slooshy sloshy
Make those cuffs and collars gleam
Everything clean and shiny

Mmmm... one of those "in the moment - had to be there" songs I guess. Anyway, no wonder a woman's work is never done if they just listen to a washing machine whilst daydreaming about being in the sea with a fish between their legs.

Bizarre...

...or maybe high art?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

My son and I are going on 2 September. We got two tickets, no problems. Had we known the resale value later the same day we might have bought four!
the-future-is-blue
Mickey Quinn

Post by the-future-is-blue »

Kate Bush - a great singer, songwriter - a little odd-ball perhaps, but very inventive. Like many lads at the time, I had a crush on her :oops: , that aside, some of her songs are quite brilliant. Wuthering Heights was in the charts when we had huge snow drifts (start of 1978), 4 days cut off from civilisation, it was played a lot on radio 1 - happy days ! (stopped listening to radio 1 when they axed Mark and Lard - look-up the 'missing words' and 'money's too tight to mention' on youtube, or here https://soundcloud.com/duncan-disorderl ... words-beep

Sorry to go off track !
Gaydamack's wonderful millions - well it did seem too good to be true !
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

My partner was there last night - we've got tickets for another show in mid-September and the closing night as well. Both got our maximum allocations.
If you've got something left to say, you'd better say it now.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

[schmindie] wrote:My partner was there last night - we've got tickets for another show in mid-September and the closing night as well. Both got our maximum allocations.
That's just plain greedy when there are Kate Bush fans out there who didn't get one at all .....................................i.e. me !! LOL
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
The Beautiful Game
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by The Beautiful Game »

Going Friday.
We saw her April 79 Soton Gaumont. Really looking forward to it and quite pleased she hasn't tried to do a greatest hits show and stuck to type of being slightly bonkers. But having seen the gushing reviews and comments from certain celebs hope all the luvvies have been "Seen" and are moving on to the next thing they can be photographed at.

Really hope that people are respecting her wishes and not using phones, tablets, etc to film. Not holding my breath.
“To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"
JB Priestly 1929
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Good on her for banning phones and tablets. Feckin' hate 'em at concerts.

An interesting story for you re Kate. When I'm not being called Ziggy, I'm being called Kate and when I write Kate on my smartphone it second guesses the next word I want and it's either Bush or Middleton so Kate Bush must be mega famous. Is she really that well known? It annoys me. Another one is that when I write "I'm", it chooses bored as the next word. It must have known me when I was 12. I think I stopped being bored after about 14. Apart from last Bank Holiday Monday. It rained and I got cold feet.

Told you it was interesting.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Good on her for banning phones and tablets. Feckin' hate 'em at concerts.

An interesting story for you re Kate. When I'm not being called Ziggy, I'm being called Kate and when I write Kate on my smartphone it second guesses the next word I want and it's either Bush or Middleton so Kate Bush must be mega famous. Is she really that well known? It annoys me. Another one is that when I write "I'm", it chooses bored as the next word. It must have known me when I was 12. I think I stopped being bored after about 14. Apart from last Bank Holiday Monday. It rained and I got cold feet.

well.....with that offering and yesterdays sock story you might have Poster of the Year locked in.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Chris_in_LA »

My boss managed to get a "business trip" sorted to our Paris and London affiliates this week and next. Also managed to get two tickets, one to next Tuesday's show and one for the following day. I've been listening to Kate Bush out of his office for the last week, and as much as I enjoy some of her stuff, it's kind of nice to take a break. Oh, and he's had a Cheshire going for at least a fortnight, was almost skipping out the door Monday off to LAX to start his trip he was so happy.

Gives me a fortnight of peace though. :D
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Good on her for banning phones and tablets. Feckin' hate 'em at concerts.

well.....with that offering and yesterdays sock story you might have Poster of the Year locked in.
That's the aim, my friend, that's the aim. And talking of aiming, I was going to post the story about the 9 year old girl in Nevada mistakenly shooting her gun instructor dead with an Uzi but thought it might lose me the American vote so I won't.

Just watched that Kate Bush Documentary. Sycophant City - and I still think she's bonkers.
WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Yup, mad as a box of frogs (bit like Bjork), but makes her interesting. Some of her stuff doesn't 'hit the right note' for me, but there's some really good work she's done IMHO. Sounded like she put on a helluva show.

I can do jealous for those that are going. Hope you have a great time!

As for you Milkins, you sure you haven't got mixed up? Apparently we have the fish between our legs, and the girls sit on the washing machine? :smt017

(and neatly - sort of? - sidestepped Ziggy, I saw the item with the girl with the Uzi too. I thought the name of the place said it all - "Burgers & Bullets". Still, sorry for his family. But even an Uzi is going to have a bit of recoil on auto mode, and she looked a small girl, well she would - being aged 9).

Saw the documentary, quite entertaining for the memories it brought back, but yep, one for the fans - by the fans. But there are quite a few!
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP