Kate's Bush

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: Kate's Bush

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote:Ooh, he's here again...
Ha! :D

Sounds like a cue also :wink:

...and cheers Schmindie for the "back from the game" report - chuffed for you that you were *so* close, brilliant. My back catalogue prior to the last 3 (& "Hounds of Love") was the 'greatest hits' ("The Whole Story"), so I (along with 50,000 other middle-aged men with pot-bellies it seems) snapped up her previous albums on CD for £4.99 a pop.

"Brilliant & bonkers" - yep, I think that would be a fitting epitaph whenever the time comes..! :D

Okey-doke [cincinnati kid mode]

This kinda should be first - being as she wrote it aged 13, came to the attention of Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour (via a family friend), onto EMI and eventually recorded aged 15. So (sort of) pre-dates Wuthering Heights:

[youtube][/youtube]
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote: Ooh, he's here again...
:-)
WW/SMcG wrote: #The Man With the Child#
Babooshka please *eyebrows*
If you've got something left to say, you'd better say it now.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

[schmindie] wrote:
* {|:¬)> Milkins wrote: Ooh, he's here again...
:-)
WW/SMcG wrote: #The Man With the Child#
Babooshka please *eyebrows*
Now now, all good things to those who wait (or summat). Next up is the breakthrough #1, (just for Ziggy)! :D Had anyone, *ever* seen/heard anything like THIS before?? :shock:

[youtube][/youtube]
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Stark raving bonkers! Would you let her in at your window? I'd be drawing the curtains.
The Beautiful Game
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by The Beautiful Game »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Stark raving bonkers! Would you let her in at your window? I'd be drawing the curtains.
Would I let her in at my window ?

OH MY WORD YES !!
“To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"
JB Priestly 1929
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

The Beautiful Game wrote:
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:Stark raving bonkers! Would you let her in at your window? I'd be drawing the curtains.

OH MY WORD YES !!
:D (at both of you's)

Time for another couple. "Hammer Horror" (bit 'Amdram'?), and onto "Wow" (not long now Babooshka fans!) :wink:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Wow indeed! :)
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Schmind, you due for 'Part deux' tomorrow night IIRC?
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

Yep, last night of the residency tonight - hopefully it will be a good'un :)
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

The Beautiful Game wrote:

OH MY WORD YES !!
I bet she's into some weird freaky weird nutty stuff.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Heard a story once about Kate Bush and Stevie Nicks. They were at a party where there was a fair amount of Columbian Marching Powder present. Kate refuses point blank to do any, as she believes it'll damage her vocal chords. Stevie Nicks thinks about this for a moment, agrees with Kate's theory. Then proceeds to dab it. Rectally.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Weybridge wrote:Heard a story once about Kate Bush and Stevie Nicks. They were at a party where there was a fair amount of Columbian Marching Powder present. Kate refuses point blank to do any, as she believes it'll damage her vocal chords. Stevie Nicks thinks about this for a moment, agrees with Kate's theory. Then proceeds to dab it. Rectally.
So, she literally had cocaine all around her brain.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Have heard the 'Stevie Nicks did coke up her ar$e" story before... Hmm - allegedly as her nose was in such bad shape then, IIRC.

Await (if we're lucky) a 2nd 'back from the game' from Schmindie - her closing night no less - and maybe her last ever (?) - doubt we'll be waiting 35 years again anyhow (if I live that long - or her).

Anyways - more song & video. Schmind gets a 'bribe' for a 2nd report with Babooshka (missing from her set, I understand).

But first, "Breathing":

[youtube][/youtube]

Oh yes, it's Babooshka time!

[youtube][/youtube]
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

Can always be won over with a bit of Babooshka :)

Same set for the last night, expected considering the choreography and staging that was behind the show. Really good, again, but on balance preferred the first showing (perhaps because I didn't know what was coming)?

When we were there last month it was during the filming of a DVD, which was done over two nights, and which I guess will be available before too long - so not going to give too much away about the staging and/or effects - needless to say I reckon it will be a decent purchase for any existing fans. I really enjoyed the Ninth Wave stuff - though not everyone's cup of tea.

Someone like Kate Bush is always going to be an acquired taste - have to admit I've only recently been won over.

Some proper celeb-watching going on too - saw Del Palmer, Dave Gilmour and Grace Jones on the night amongst others.

Right - off to watch the Babooshka vid again...
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Cheers for the 'back from the game v2' Schmind. Oh cool, I hope they do put out a DVD, though of course, a poor sub for the 'experience' - but with such a show, should be worth it. (You'll have to tell us when you're 'in shot' if it comes out!) :D

Del Palmer, long time lover and the break-up meant to be behind "The Sensual World" - and if not for Dave Gilmour, would she have seen the light of day? As for Grace Jones (quite like some of her stuff), hard to imagine two female artists so different...

Right, onwards (it's been a week or so since she closed her show, so should 'wrap up here' soon really).

"Army Dreamers"! (still very relevant today?):

[youtube][/youtube]

Slight skip to "Sat in your lap":

[youtube][/youtube]

Then (I think) a skip over a little lull/not so successful period, to her triumphant 'comeback' and the "Hounds of Love" album - that'll need 3 vids - squashed in 1 post, and then probably we can close the door on the way out (unless Ziggy 'needs' the washing machine song of course) :wink:
schmindie
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by schmindie »

[quote="WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey"][/quote]

Aye.

'And Dream of Sheep' was particularly good live.