Youtube alert code blue

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Youtube alert code blue

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

hmmmmmm......so y'all know how this works....you view certain things on you tube and, based on such things, next time you visit youtube you get a list of vids it is "suggested" you might be interested in watching.....I assume this list is based on what you have previously watched and what might be related to what you have watched.
So, for instance, being a poor musician, I check out a lot of tutorial type vids for axe and piano and thus, on my "suggested" viewing list are similar type vids to those I have checked AND, here's the clever bit, they are not just any old music bits but are of the same genre I may have been investigating.
Anyhoo....that is not the revolting development I am filling you in on.
The revolting development I am filling you in on is the FACT that my "suggested" list also appeared on Ms Kids computer when she visited youtube!
So, now its obvious I can no longer "review" clips of Lesbian Prison Bitches XI" without being rumbled.

Those intertwittergooglyweb peeps are getting out of hand imo
Div III. Call it what it is.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Youtube alert code blue

Post by Pompski! »

Only if she is logged in as you surely?

Anyway, use incognito mode (Chrome) or InPrivate browsing (Internet Explorer) and either don't log in or just make another 'fun' youtube account. 8)
I am me, the universe and you.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

logged in?

well, neither of us log in to google/youtube,
The only explanation I have so far is that obviously we use the same wireless network.

Does this seem possible?
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Having just investigated your logged in theory Pompski, I can confirm it is a FACT that I am not logged in. Nor am I ever logged in to youtube.......well ok, I have a gmail account but it's never used.
I know this because whenever I may "accidently" want to watch naughty jiggly bits on youtube they always give me the adult warning and tell me to log in to view.....which I never do.
Pompski!
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompski! »

Without being logged in, YouTube cannot access any videos you previously viewed, that data is not saved in a cookie.

However, if you are logged into Gmail, they are all bl**dy linked now with G+, YouTube etc so probably can access your watched log that way.

I had a YouTube account and only recently realised that those kind people had also opened me a G+ account at the same time and I had lots of personal details publicly on there, every YouTube comment I have ever made, what I liked etc and I had 12 "friends"!

So I logged into google to see what they had on me and also found my HTC Android phone was listed on there with a bunch of my personal contacts listed, activity logs, the lot.

Suffice to say I eventually managed to remove G+ and Gmail and just have access to YouTube but they didn't like it.

While on the subject, I'd like to clear up my Facebook account by removing the 30,000 odd statuses, likes, posts etc that I have accrued since 2006 but alas, you can only do it one at a time, which would take a decade. Bastards.
I am concerned at the amount of personal info google, facebook, yahoo etc have on me, even if all my accounts are not public.
I am me, the universe and you.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Its disturbing fer sure.
And I'm defp not logged into any youtube or google accounts so they must be filtering likes through the ISP address/wireless network.
Does anyone have 2 devices at home?

Also....surely everyone knows engaging incognito and inprivate browsing automatically links you to NSS, The Pentagon, Homeland Security, The FBI, Interpol and GCHQ.
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Its disturbing fer sure.
And I'm defp not logged into any youtube or google accounts so they must be filtering likes through the ISP address/wireless network.

Also....surely everyone knows engaging incognito and inprivate browsing automatically links you to NSS, The Pentagon, Homeland Security, The FBI, Interpol and GCHQ.
NSS as in Sherl...? That's really scary!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Its disturbing fer sure.

NSS as in Sherl...? That's really scary!
No ****** Sawdust!
miltoninLA
Kev the Kitman

Post by miltoninLA »

As the man once said .... Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Personally I use Firefox with the "Lightbeam" add-on which is a great way of visualizing the number of third party sites you've connected to. In my limited experience Facebook is the nexus of all evil and you should log out after every visit and bathe your phone/computer in lysergic acid diethylamide to get them on the wrong track.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking.