Sounds Awful

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Sounds Awful

Post by Pompey1985 »

on Pompey Player.
Pompey Dave
Alan Knight

Re: Sounds Awful

Post by Pompey Dave »

It is, Awford out.
Ahh Frazzles, the king of snack foods...
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Some hack on the radio just raised a good point.... even on the unbeaten run how many times did we play well?
brian lewis
Mickey Quinn

Post by brian lewis »

Paul Jewell doing the game on Sky. Everytime they go to him (which is often), he describes another Shrews chance :(
The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone else is trying to make you be somebody else
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Well listening to that was like torture cant imagine what it was like to have paid for it.
Here comes AFC
Alan Knight

Post by Here comes AFC »

Pompey1985 wrote:Well listening to that was like torture cant imagine what it was like to have paid for it.
It was ******
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Here comes AFC wrote:
Pompey1985 wrote:Well listening to that was like torture cant imagine what it was like to have paid for it.
It was ******
That many stars?
Bileys Barnet
Martin Kuhl

Post by Bileys Barnet »

It was dire !! No idea no formation absolute. ***** I'm afraid if we don't muscle up we will not get out go this league
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Was terrible. Absolutely no positives today. Befuddled team selection & performance, where do we go from here I have no idea tbh but overall the season hasn't been good enough by a long way.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

Too depressed to report fully. Not that I would have anything good to report.
Last week we played possibly our worst game - so this week what does Awfs do - play the same team - with the same result.
why no Butler? why no Passley? why still play Hollands, what was our formation? when East was injured he was replaced with Foggy at right back. ****** clueless. Replaced Taylor for McCullam, Taylor was the better player. Jed took responsibility but over cooked everything - there is no way he will stay with us the team is not good enough for him to develop. Tubbs must wonder why he moved.
Boos all round at end and much deserved.
Respect to Liam Lawrence who clapped the faithful at the end. To bad we could not keep him.

Oh and referee - when an opposing player scores a goal, goes up to the Fratton End touchline, gesticulates to the home fans, turning his back at pointing at his own name - that is inciting a riot and should be yellow carded, you reached for it but bottled out. He then took the p*ss out of you by ignoring your whistle and shouts and walked away all the way back to his half of the field and when you finally caught up with him you should have red carded him for dissent - but again you bottled it.

Season ticket renewal gauge - maybe to unlikely.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Wasn't there but listened to the whole game on Solent. Okay, Shrewsbury are one of the better sides in the division but it sounded like they were two leagues above us today. Not sure how we only conceded two.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

blue architect wrote:Too depressed to report fully. Not that I would have anything good to report.
Last week we played possibly our worst game - so this week what does Awfs do - play the same team - with the same result.
why no Butler? why no Passley? why still play Hollands, what was our formation? when East was injured he was replaced with Foggy at right back. ****** clueless. Replaced Taylor for McCullam, Taylor was the better player. Jed took responsibility but over cooked everything - there is no way he will stay with us the team is not good enough for him to develop. Tubbs must wonder why he moved.
Boos all round at end and much deserved.
Respect to Liam Lawrence who clapped the faithful at the end. To bad we could not keep him.

Oh and referee - when an opposing player scores a goal, goes up to the Fratton End touchline, gesticulates to the home fans, turning his back at pointing at his own name - that is inciting a riot and should be yellow carded, you reached for it but bottled out. He then took the p*ss out of you by ignoring your whistle and shouts and walked away all the way back to his half of the field and when you finally caught up with him you should have red carded him for dissent - but again you bottled it.

Season ticket renewal gauge - maybe to unlikely.
I've just posted my back from the game report up, and pretty much concur with everything you say. I will renew my season tickets (all 5 of the feckers) but today was the first time EVER that we've talked about maybe not doing so. On that basis, I hate to think what others are thinking!
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Shame the chairman wasn't there to see it.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Probably the worst game I have seen this season, my eyes hurt by the end.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
pompeymick
Martin Kuhl

Post by pompeymick »

This game was a stab in the heart for all Pompey Fans, but do the players care. From what I have endured on the terraces it doesn't look as if too many of them cared at all. How do other League Two teams acquire players with ability, commitment & flair and we get dross. The two loanees are a mystery, no better than what we have, so why take them on. I would give Ertl a run out in defence, you will always get 100% from that player, and what's so wrong with Butler, surely a long run is what he needs not having his confidence destroyed by bringing in another youngster in his place.