Nooooooooooo......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Re: Nooooooooooo......

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Why on earth would they want to change the colour anyway? It's a sail and everyone knows sails are white. Red will totally ruin it, as would any other colour, but red seems particularly incongruous. It's a daft idea. I might even sign the petition!
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

Emirates would surely have paid more for such a primary advertising medium for the Americas Cup too.

This will soon be seen online under the headline "Dumb Political Decisions. You wouldn't believe how stupid some of these are!!!"
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Post by Number 1 Jasper »

However, move has been welcomed by Saints fans including Nick Illingsworth from Totton.

The 54-year-old financial advisor and lifetime fan said: "It's great to see us being recognised as the number one team in Hampshire and have Portsmouth show their support for us in Europe.

"Hopefully they will be considering painting other Portsmouth landmarks like HMS Victory and Southsea Castle in the same way so they can have a matching set."
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:However, move has been welcomed by Saints fans including Nick Illingsworth from Totton.

The 54-year-old financial advisor and lifetime fan said: "It's great to see us being recognised as the number one team in Hampshire and have Portsmouth show their support for us in Europe.

"Hopefully they will be considering painting other Portsmouth landmarks like HMS Victory and Southsea Castle in the same way so they can have a matching set."
Wow - the long winter nights must fly by through a haze of hysterical laughter in the Illingsworth caravan.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

Milkins wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:However, move has been welcomed by Saints fans including Nick Illingsworth from Totton.

Wow - the long winter nights must fly by through a haze of hysterical laughter in the Illingsworth caravan.
WOW . I thought there might be some response , but not from you !
"I love the night. The day is okay and the sun can be fun. But I live to see those rays slip away"
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Embarrassing.
Not quite Ted Bates statue embarrassing.... but none the less.

I'm selling head sized brown paper bags with pre cut eye holes if y'all need any.
Div III. Call it what it is.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Illingsworth is a grade a ****. :thumb
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

pompeygunner wrote:Illingsworth is a grade a ****. :thumb
LOL . That's the sort of response I was expecting !
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
So, as you already knew the answer, why ask ? :-)
Number 1 Jasper
Guy Whittingham

p mories wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:
So, as you already knew the answer, why ask ? :-)

Did not say I agree with PG .........
roubles
Alan Biley

Post by roubles »

To be honest it would look just as awful in Blue as it does in Red, needs to stay White just as it is now.

Think I'll have to drop a polite mail to Emirates CEO Tim Clark and put my point of view across.....

timclark@emirates.com
We live in a world where we know the cost of everything but recognise the value of nothing.
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

So if we are going to petition against this do we also need to raise one for all the speed limit signs?
Are southampton fans going to demand all the blue motorway signs in southampton are repainted?
Get a grip people it's just a colour
past memories
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 2 times

Post by past memories »

Milkins wrote:Massively hysterical - it will without question be regularly defaced. Morons.
It`ll bring the fatwa`s out.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

I'll be honest - I cannot see that having a red Spinnaker Tower should any difference to the good people of Portsmouth. It's time that this ridiculous vendetta was given a decent burial - why any sane football fan should think they can influence the City Council on a commercial decision to sponsor a local landmark is beyond me. The good natured banter between us and the dark side will continue to flourish regardless of whether the Spinnaker is red, blue, green or purple with yellow spots.

I would remind everyone that the Union flag is red, white and blue - the blue representing the Nicola Sturgeon hordes of disaffected Scots......not a pleasant thought, but not a reason for not flying the flag!
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:I'll be honest - I cannot see that having a red Spinnaker Tower should any difference to the good people of Portsmouth. It's time that this ridiculous vendetta was given a decent burial - why any sane football fan should think they can influence the City Council on a commercial decision to sponsor a local landmark is beyond me. The good natured banter between us and the dark side will continue to flourish regardless of whether the Spinnaker is red, blue, green or purple with yellow spots.

I would remind everyone that the Union flag is red, white and blue - the blue representing the Nicola Sturgeon hordes of disaffected Scots......not a pleasant thought, but not a reason for not flying the flag!
The blue represents all of Scotland, not just the raging nats, matey.