Nooooooooooo......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Nooooooooooo......

Post by Milkins »

Number 1 Jasper wrote:
Milkins wrote:
Number 1 Jasper wrote:However, move has been welcomed by Saints fans including Nick Illingsworth from Totton.

The 54-year-old financial advisor and lifetime fan said: "It's great to see us being recognised as the number one team in Hampshire and have Portsmouth show their support for us in Europe.

"Hopefully they will be considering painting other Portsmouth landmarks like HMS Victory and Southsea Castle in the same way so they can have a matching set."
Wow - the long winter nights must fly by through a haze of hysterical laughter in the Illingsworth caravan.
WOW . I thought there might be some response , but not from you !
I was bored.

... and to be fair, Illingsworth does sound like a bit of a ****.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Anyway, I've signed the petition against this graffiti-fest led by PCC. I wonder if any plain brown envelopes have swapped hands as a result of this agreement?
https://www.change.org/p/donna-jones-lu ... aker-tower

Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
lakespfc
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by lakespfc »

PLAY UP POMPEY, POMPEY PLAY UP!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Putting the red and white fiasco aside for a minute.....since when could you toss some monies about and redo/rename a work of art/sculpture?
I'm struggling to come up with another example.
Div III. Call it what it is.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Putting the red and white fiasco aside for a minute.....since when could you toss some monies about and redo/rename a work of art/sculpture?
The London Eye? Been re-designed with new corporate colours at least twice since its' ownership by British Airways....
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

pomp 'n circumstance wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Putting the red and white fiasco aside for a minute.....since when could you toss some monies about and redo/rename a work of art/sculpture?
The London Eye? Been re-designed with new corporate colours at least twice since its' ownership by British Airways....
Not a work of art/sculpture though Pomp...the eye is more like a footy /sports stadium innit?.....though I wasn't around when the spinnaker was put up and I'm just assuming its not a joyride thing?
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

The tower is a monument to city council incompetence. It's been a fiasco from the start. It was meant to be up for the millennium (called the millennium tower) but was late, way beyond budget and never properly finished.

I was hoping that Gary Lineker might sponsor it, so it would be the Lineker Spinnaker.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:
Not a work of art/sculpture though Pomp...the eye is more like a footy /sports stadium innit?.....though I wasn't around when the spinnaker was put up and I'm just assuming its not a joyride thing?
I think you're mixing the London Eye up with the old Millenium Dome which was a total disaster when first built, but was then re-developed and is now the O2 arena and is now the highest grossing multi function arena in the whole wide world.......
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Once this deal is over and the Americas cup is gone Emirates won't care less and Mick's Monster Burgers will get the gig for £2.50 and 0.1% off burgers.
Mr Nuts
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Nuts »

Does it really matter? I seem to remember alot of people moaning when we ditched or red and white shorts and socks for blue that season.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

The Eye isn't owned by British Airways, merely sponsored. The owners are Merlin Entertainments - yes, them again.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

the_lock_man wrote:
The Eye isn't owned by British Airways, merely sponsored. The owners are Merlin Entertainments - yes, them again.
I think you'll find that British Airways did own the London Eye and branded it in their colours - they sold it to Merlin Entertainments shortly after the Centenial celebrations......you may have been wearing your Fez in those days and the tassel probably blinded your sight lines to the iconic structure!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

I think you're mixing the London Eye up with the old Millenium Dome which was a total disaster when first built, but was then re-developed and is now the O2 arena and is now the highest grossing multi function arena in the whole wide world.......
No mix up pomp...I meant the Eye is more akin to a stadium,,,,ie a place you go to be entertained and thus more apt for sponsorship. Where as the Spinnaker...and I stand to be corrected....Is more I assume a work of art/sculpture....I assume y'all hired some artist Johnny to design and build?.....Seems like sponsorship of Nelsons Column!..... if I had enough dollars I could sponsor a fetching moustache on the Mona Lisa
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

No mix up pomp...I meant the Eye is more akin to a stadium,,,,ie a place you go to be entertained and thus more apt for sponsorship. Where as the Spinnaker...and I stand to be corrected....Is more I assume a work of art/sculpture....I assume y'all hired some artist Johnny to design and build?.....Seems like sponsorship of Nelsons Column!..... if I had enough dollars I could sponsor a fetching moustache on the Mona Lisa
Well, I suppose it's a bit of both, but it's primarily a tourist attraction. It's more akin to the Eiffel Tower, or the Space Needle in Seatle. It's there for people to go up to see the view. Though why you would pay good money for a bird's eye view of Gooseport is anyone's guess.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
<dj.>
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by <dj.> »

This is from the weekly list of planning applications if anyone would like to object (application No in bold):

15/00902/ADV

St Thomas
Councillor Rob Wood
Councillor Sandra Stockdale
Councillor Ryan Brent

The Spinnaker Tower
Gunwharf Quays
Portsmouth

Display of illuminated and non-illuminated signage by individual lettering, logos and branding to tower legs, 'sail' edges; and ground floor facilities.

Mr Gary Christie