Your next Prime Minister

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Your next Prime Minister

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

May vs Leadsom

Y'all realize this is the same person right?
_90316748_mayleadsom.jpg
Div III. Call it what it is.
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Re: Your next Prime Minister

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:May vs Leadsom

Y'all realize this is the same person right?
_90316748_mayleadsom.jpg
Very astute of you Kid - we have a political jelly mould that spews out Prime Ministers on a production line. That way we get 2 for the price of 1 and also a cunning plan that allows us to deal with the EU with just a subtle change of lippy and handbag - simples!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

Also y'all have this "actor" as a triple stand-in.......she's MI6 / CIA though.....saw it in RED,,,just thought y'all should know in case you see the other 2 in the same place at the same time
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.54 KiB) Viewed 5342 times
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Cinci - that's the Queen...
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife
Guy Whittingham

Post by HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Also y'all have this "actor" as a triple stand-in.......she's MI6 / CIA though.....saw it in RED,,,just thought y'all should know in case you see the other 2 in the same place at the same time
images.jpg
I'm waiting for Leadsom to claim similar experience in one of her future 'revised CVs'.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

So...your second woman pm and nary a post on the topic......given that Billary is most likely to win here in Nov and the worlds 2 greatest democracies will be run by chicks....what can be expected.
Must be off,,,,,,need more shoes and the curtains need redone....also want something shiny and sparkly.
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:So...your second woman pm and nary a post on the topic......given that Billary is most likely to win here in Nov and the worlds 2 greatest democracies will be run by chicks....what can be expected.
Must be off,,,,,,need more shoes and the curtains need redone....also want something shiny and sparkly.
Because the gender issue isn't a big deal? Whatever your politics in this country I doubt there's many people who think Theresa May isn't up to the job. She's no Hopey McChange leader, but she's a rock solid hand on the tiller. The bigger talking points will be her cabinet appointments, Justine Greening and Amber Rudd are likely to feature prominently. And Michael Gove will be cleaning the toilets.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Guy Whittingham

All the insider minion chat here in Whitehall is that May is a no-nonsense alpha who will cut you off the second you mention something irrelevant to her, is extremely focussed and a tough negotiator on the EU councils. To have handled the poison chalice of the modern Home Office for over six years is unheard of. She needs to polish her media-facing style now she's the grand fromage but there is a general sigh of relief she's here instead of any of the swivel-eyed loons.
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:......given that Billary is most likely to win here in Nov and the worlds 2 greatest democracies will be run by chicks....what can be expected...
I'm a bit hurt you don't include the UK as well, Mr The Kid!

I mean the good ol' US of A and Germany are certainly two of the World's biggest players run by 'chicks' but the UK is no slouch. :wink:

All we need is Russia and China to be run by lasses and they'd become Little Mix.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

More to the point, why are all those women wearing Donald Trump's hair?
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Weybridge wrote:
The Cincinnati Kid wrote:So...your second woman pm and nary a post on the topic......given that Billary is most likely to win here in Nov and the worlds 2 greatest democracies will be run by chicks....what can be expected.
Because the gender issue isn't a big deal? Whatever your politics in this country I doubt there's many people who think Theresa May isn't up to the job. She's no Hopey McChange leader, but she's a rock solid hand on the tiller. The bigger talking points will be her cabinet appointments, Justine Greening and Amber Rudd are likely to feature prominently. And Michael Gove will be cleaning the toilets.
It'll be quite interesting to see if/where she places Penny Mordaunt, currently Armed Forces Minister, but a reasonably prominent Leave campaigner.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Penguin wrote:More to the point, why are all those women wearing Donald Trump's hair?
You remind me of John Wayne's appearance in front of a load of students when Wayne was quite old.

Looking at his fine head of hair, one of them asked, "Hey John, is that hair real?"

Wayne - "Yeah, it's real.......it just ain't mine!".

In Trump's case it's probably genuinely his hair.....but it started out life around his balls!
Guy Whittingham

Honeymoon over. She's just made BoJo Foriegn Secretary.

We'll be at war with Rhodesia in 10....9....8....
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

HappyHour@TheBreweryOfLife wrote:Honeymoon over. She's just made BoJo Foriegn Secretary.

We'll be at war with Rhodesia in 10....9....8....
Well I hope BoJo can at least spell his new post correctly, HH. :wink:

I hope he's going to pay his bar bills now, though!
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ign-office

Great to see Osborne skulking off to the back benches!
Weybridge
Interim Manager

Post by Weybridge »

Thankfully Ken Clarke doesn't have a son in politics. You could have had May, Hammond and Clark's son running the country.

Seriously though, the slightly scary BoJo appointment aside, not bad appointments so far. I thought Chris Grayling may have got in for Home Sec, but glad that hasn't happened. Surprised at Liam Fox getting a seat at the table though, thought he may have been ousted, but I guess she needs pro-Brexiteers.

Jeremy Hunt will go surely? Justine Greening for Health?

And as EG says, glad to see the back of George Osborne.