Please...nooooo!!!

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Please...nooooo!!!

Post by eltorrro »

What is it with KJ? this guy is rubbish and he's proved it. We can get better...can't we?? 8)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... NdslTMkpdG
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Please...nooooo!!!

Post by Mr Dee »

??? This just takes me to some Google sign up thing
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

eltorrro wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 pm Sorry...wrong link!! Try this. 8)

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8935922
This concerns me more 😟
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8935819
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

I'm afraid, Mr Nuts, both statements are intrinsically linked. Because the budgets are not being increased we will be landed with more of KJ's weak links...very much like we suffered in the January window. 8)
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Could it be he does have money and is just saying this publicly so we don’t get ripped off in the transfer market?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I think he looks quite good... The issue bas been playing him on the left and he doesn't have a left peg.

I also think in recent weeks he has at least taken his man on more than Lowe.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

eltorrro wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 pm I'm afraid, Mr Nuts, both statements are intrinsically linked. Because the budgets are not being increased we will be landed with more of KJ's weak links...very much like we suffered in the January window. 8)
As much as Jacketts style of play has frustrated me at times it can't be denied that he has guided us to a 4th place finish and 20 odd points improvement on last season with not much budget and a bunch of loan players.
He deserves some backing from the owners IMO.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Pompey1985 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am I think he looks quite good... The issue bas been playing him on the left and he doesn't have a left peg.

I also think in recent weeks he has at least taken his man on more than Lowe.
I agree . He's played on the wrong side . He puts a shift in every time I've seen him play and will take players on . Needs to work on his decision making and final ball
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Should have stayed onside against Peterborough, if he had could have been a hero we we're chomping at the bit to sign.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

As others have said, at least he tries to take his man on. Curtis and Lowe have not been keen on doing so in the latter half of the season.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

eltorrro wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:15 pm I'm afraid, Mr Nuts, both statements are intrinsically linked. Because the budgets are not being increased we will be landed with more of KJ's weak links...very much like we suffered in the January window. 8)
I am not sure this is any surprise, and I don't know what people expect. The owners have always made it clear that they will not run with a budget way beyond what is sustainable. Given that income is not likely to rise to any great extent, we should not expect any large rise in the playing budget. Over the last two seasons we have not been amongst the top three spenders in L1, more around 6-10th, and in this light our finishing positions have been pretty good. We are competing against teams willing to lose large sums of money to get into the Championship. I will start to be worried if we sell (e.g.) Clarke and Lowe, but this money does not return to the playing side, either in fees or wages.

In this scenario, we are dependent on Jackett, and the scouting & analysis teams, finding value signings. Overall, he has done a pretty good job with his permanent signings, but poorly on loan signings (Thompson, B. apart). I think this is true for many teams, especially when you come to January loans and the players are not match fit and low on confidence, but expected to make an immediate impact, which is one of the reasons I don't like loans.

As to VSO, I wouldn't be rushing to sign him, but it has been clear over recent weeks that Jackett sees something in him. If we lose Lowe, then we will need another wide player, but it will not be top priority. Signing someone who would be prepared to share time with Evans & Curtis would be useful, but would depend on VSO's expectations both on playing and wages.
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »

Phew, thank goodness for that!! Apparently he wants to join a United Counties Sunday League side. 8)

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8947475
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I'd be more worried if we were trying to buy Omar Bogle. I personally think Viv has potential, but see he has turned us down so time to move on anyway.
eltorrro
Interim Manager

Post by eltorrro »