Oxford

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Oxford

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey unchanged. Today is the wife's birthday so I am at home, but I will be thinking of those who gave their lives, especially those who sailed from Portsmouth and never returned.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: Oxford

Post by Dinksy »

That's a lot to take in BB. I'm trying to find the common thread to all those points.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

There was a Remembrance ceremony before the kick off at FP today. Sorry if the post was a bit convoluted - I was probably thinking about preparing shed loads of food for grandchildren etc to eat at the birthday tea!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

1 - 0 Evans penalty. Get in there!
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

How many points have we thrown away late on in games this season?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

#jackettout
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

And yet another late goal conceded :roll:
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Another undefeated match, take the positives
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:11 pm Another undefeated match, take the positives
McRorie - I like this kid alot. In for everything wrongly booked for a crunching 50/50 tackle. ,Curtis- his couple of games on the bench seem to have done him good . Williams far from brilliant but not afraid to run at anyone , unsettled defences .
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

Williams was my man of the match. Didn't stop running. While Evans barely broke into a run. Complete opposites.
Harness comes on with two minutes to go and creates three chances - why was he not on earlier?
We are still clueless about defending and have an obvious weakness in concentration, so surely an answer would be to continue to attack and/or keep it in their half. Jackets tactic is to sit back and let them come onto us thereby exposing this weakness.
Oh and can someone please teach the team how to set up for throw ins. We have one solution - everyone mill around as though they are not interested and then when it gets awkward that no-one is moving one person runs into the space towards the thrower and half volleys it at pace back to the thrower, who invariably miss-controls it.
Its predictable, not clever and shows in a nutshell or lack of creativeness.
I will still go on Tuesday but my enthusiasm for even more dross is waning fast.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

blue architect wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 pm Williams was my man of the match. Didn't stop running. While Evans barely broke into a run. Complete opposites.
Harness comes on with two minutes to go and creates three chances - why was he not on earlier?
We are still clueless about defending and have an obvious weakness in concentration, so surely an answer would be to continue to attack and/or keep it in their half. Jackets tactic is to sit back and let them come onto us thereby exposing this weakness.
Oh and can someone please teach the team how to set up for throw ins. We have one solution - everyone mill around as though they are not interested and then when it gets awkward that no-one is moving one person runs into the space towards the thrower and half volleys it at pace back to the thrower, who invariably miss-controls it.
I will still go on Tuesday but my enthusiasm for even more dross is waning fast.

Agree with your assessment. It was Harrison who came on after the equaliser though. Harness was a unused sub.
Yes my MoM was also Williams who really caused chaos in the Oxford ranks, good to see Curtis looking back to his best.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

For anyone not at the game, the Remembrance Ceremony at FP mentioned near the beginning of this thread is now on the Pompey YouTube site.
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

pompeygunner wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:50 pm
blue architect wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 pm Williams was my man of the match. Didn't stop running. While Evans barely broke into a run. Complete opposites.

Agree with your assessment. It was Harrison who came on after the equaliser though. Harness was a unused sub.
Yes my MoM was also Williams who really caused chaos in the Oxford ranks, good to see Curtis looking back to his best.
Thanks for correcting PG. TBH I see so little of both Harness and Harrison that I get confused in my dotage :thumb
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

No probs BA. I thought it was good to see a lot of our play coming through the middle. Great to see Curtis looking so refreshed, so unlucky with the shot onto the bar.