The fans are now turning on the Eisners

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: The fans are now turning on the Eisners

Post by Dinksy »

So (amongst the waffle) no factual inaccuracies then. Thank you.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Dinksy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:07 pm So (amongst the waffle) no factual inaccuracies then. Thank you.
Quite a few as pointed out. Please take up my suggestion about The Pompey Forum.
Other than that I respect your opinion of course, goes without saying.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Milton End wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:54 am
Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm I am sure you have already noticed, but more and more Pompey fans are beginning to voice their disappointment at our current owners.
Apologies, but where you get your facts regarding 'more and more.?'
Pretty much everywhere I look and everywhere I go that is Pompey related. Where I sit in the ground, I am surrounded by people who I now regard as friends (well, some of them!) and many of them are starting to turn. Also, I follow a lot of Pompey fans on Twitter and a lot follow me. Many of them are sensible folk who are also beginning to to turn, so I promise I'm not just making this up! And to get one thing straight, as an ex-shareholder I very much supported the Eisners buying us, and I am still right behind them. Just making an observation.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

SB I think you'll find that the Eisners didn't buy us - they purchased us. Be careful with those inaccuracies or you'll have the fact-police on your case.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:03 pm
Milton End wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:54 am
Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm I am sure you have already noticed, but more and more Pompey fans are beginning to voice their disappointment at our current owners.
Apologies, but where you get your facts regarding 'more and more.?'
Pretty much everywhere I look and everywhere I go that is Pompey related. Where I sit in the ground, I am surrounded by people who I now regard as friends (well, some of them!) and many of them are starting to turn. Also, I follow a lot of Pompey fans on Twitter and a lot follow me. Many of them are sensible folk who are also beginning to to turn, so I promise I'm not just making this up! And to get one thing straight, as an ex-shareholder I very much supported the Eisners buying us, and I am still right behind them. Just making an observation.
Fair enough - thank you for clarifying. What we in the trade call 'anecdotal evidence.' But still relevant and significant.

Arguably some good news: at least we should have Jack W back before too long.
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:35 pm SB I think you'll find that the Eisners didn't buy us - they purchased us. Be careful with those inaccuracies or you'll have the fact-police on your case.
:lol: with the emphasis being on the CHASE part of the word!
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

In the interest of fairness ref Dinksy I've seen the latest (Nov)ask MC https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/

Now what is interesting is Mark goes to great pains to explain this isn't all about a ground. Its the immediate area they are interesting in as well. Now the Pompey Centre is up for sale, I get the impression they want it so they can redevelop the area including the stadium. Dare we dream?
It could explain why they appear to have stalled with FP plans as such, no application for the ME. Why would you bother building a new ME when a huge piece of land slap bang next door could be purchased.
Interesting stuff.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I know we're not playing great but people seem to forget we have two games in hand which if we win them both we'll be in the playoffs (there or thereabouts). Whole league seems to be weird this year.

Most of the teams near the top have been dropping points left, right and centre. Also some how we've actually got less loses than half the teams currently sitting in the playoffs. Performances have been crap for most of the season but I don't feel it's all doom and gloom. Let's see where we sit after the busy Christmas period before we worry too much about where we will end up.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by pompeygunner »

Sam_Brown wrote:I know we're not playing great but people seem to forget we have two games in hand which if we win them both we'll be in the playoffs (there or thereabouts). Whole league seems to be weird this year.

Most of the teams near the top have been dropping points left, right and centre. Also some how we've actually got less loses than half the teams currently sitting in the playoffs. Performances have been crap for most of the season but I don't feel it's all doom and gloom. Let's see where we sit after the busy Christmas period before we worry too much about where we will end up.
Next 2 games are crucial I reckon, get 6 points & we will be right in amongst the playoffs with Peterborough & Ipswich up soon.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

pompeygunner wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:28 pm
Sam_Brown wrote:I know we're not playing great but people seem to forget we have two games in hand which if we win them both we'll be in the playoffs (there or thereabouts). Whole league seems to be weird this year.

Next 2 games are crucial I reckon, get 6 points & we will be right in amongst the playoffs with Peterborough & Ipswich up soon.
Good result today. Did post in another thread but only one loss in the last two months and now we're scoring goals again quietly optimistic.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I don't think it is any coincidence that the upturn in form (last eight in league: WDLWDDWW) has happened as Ronan Curtis has got going again. We suddenly look far more balanced with a threat down the left as well as Harness/Williams on the right, and so spaces open up on both wings and in the centre as CBs get pulled out of position.

The frustration is that this league is (to use a technical term) a load of old dross. I am looking forward to seeing Ipswich, but Sunderland are struggling, and Wycombe (really?) at the top tells you everything. I have seen nothing as good as Luton, Barnsley and (especially) Charlton were last year, and that's without Sunderland and Pompey being in much better form at this stage last season.

I still think we are a play-off team, and given our wage bill that is probably an acceptable/successful season.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote:I don't think it is any coincidence that the upturn in form (last eight in league: WDLWDDWW) has happened as Ronan Curtis has got going again. We suddenly look far more balanced with a threat down the left as well as Harness/Williams on the right, and so spaces open up on both wings and in the centre as CBs get pulled out of position.

The frustration is that this league is (to use a technical term) a load of old dross. I am looking forward to seeing Ipswich, but Sunderland are struggling, and Wycombe (really?) at the top tells you everything. I have seen nothing as good as Luton, Barnsley and (especially) Charlton were last year, and that's without Sunderland and Pompey being in much better form at this stage last season.

I still think we are a play-off team, and given our wage bill that is probably an acceptable/successful season.
Agree about your observations regarding this div. PP but I think Curtis has only 'got going' in the last three. We have not looked convincing but scraped results here and there. Joe Gallen's comments about work-rate and attitude were very telling after the Rochdale game and I think this is where we are raising the bar. We will certainly not get away with anything less than 100% of both qualities against Rotherham on Tuesday. I wonder if we will play a similar tactical game. Without Naylor, we have a big hole in midfield - make that BIGGER - and I hope the home crowd do not get restless if we give ground to Rotherham in the middle of the park like we did against Dale.
Great to see Ollie back yesterday. He's not everyone favourite but when Jack's back I would like to see him replace Marquis because he understands that forward role much better and can make Kenny's tactics work.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:01 pm Great to see Ollie back yesterday. He's not everyone favourite but when Jack's back I would like to see him replace Marquis because he understands that forward role much better and can make Kenny's tactics work.
I know a lot of people are less than impressed with Marquis, and I realise that he hasn't had a great season so far. However, I do think that if we are to move well up the table, then it is critical that we get Marquis scoring regularly. Hawkins willl never do that, and the only other likely player is Pitman, who seems to be well short of where he was two years ago. Other players need to chip in, but Marquis is the one who could yet tear up the second half with a goal every other game.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:26 pm
Dinksy wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:01 pm Great to see Ollie back yesterday. He's not everyone favourite but when Jack's back I would like to see him replace Marquis because he understands that forward role much better and can make Kenny's tactics work.
I know a lot of people are less than impressed with Marquis, and I realise that he hasn't had a great season so far. However, I do think that if we are to move well up the table, then it is critical that we get Marquis scoring regularly. Hawkins willl never do that, and the only other likely player is Pitman, who seems to be well short of where he was two years ago. Other players need to chip in, but Marquis is the one who could yet tear up the second half with a goal every other game.
I would like to see that too PP but how long can we wait? It seems to me that KJ's tried everything to make it work.