Barnsley

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Barnsley

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:50 am Revelation of the season award goes to Andy Cannon. My one criticism is that he needs to decide to pass it quicker, on a few occasions he kept it and kept it and kept it, and ended up on top of a Barnsley player, each desperately trying to kick the ball through the legs of the other. I normally only see that kind of thing on a Sunday with my U12s.

OK, I haven't been to a game since August, but I really don't see what people's beef is with Sean Raggett. The only thing he needs is a goal like Christian's.
Fully agree with you on Cannon. He adds so much to the team in terms of energy, movement and holding the ball, but needs to learn when to release it. In his best moments, he reminds me of players like Prosenecki and Kanu who could make fools of defenders by keeping the ball, but then knowing when to pass to the inevitable Pompey players in space. Cannon needs to get his head up a bit to make that pass (like he did to Close for the first goal on Saturday), but I am sure this will come with experience.

You caught Raggett on his best performance of the season. He's not bad, but not very good either, and fine as a third choice CB, but nowhere near the Webster/Clarke/Whatmough standard to which we have become used (spoilt?). The other problem is that Raggett and Burgess are too similar in styles (good in some areas such as heading, blocking, basic clearing, but also a bit Bambi-on-ice at times), and Burgess is a better footballer.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Barnsley

Post by Selsey Bill »

Locky_McLockface wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:50 am
OK, I haven't been to a game since August, but I really don't see what people's beef is with Sean Raggett. The only thing he needs is a goal like Christian's.

Seddon. Buy this player. When is his contract at Brum up? Far better delivery than Brown.
I wasn't there on Saturday, but I have seen more than enough of him to know that he isn't great. He has made several mistakes that have led to goals, including one terrible one at MK Dons. My sons nicknamed him 'Bambi on Ice' months ago, but every now and then he has an OK game, including one recently where he was deservedly MOTM.

With regards to Steve Seddon, he has been getting quite a bit of interest from other clubs but Birmingham City have stated that he is not for sale, and also signed a deal to keep him at the Club until the summer of 2021, with an added one year's option. i.e. sadly we are unlikely to be signing him! He has been outstanding in his few games for us and assisted in a number of goals - his crossing is superb. He is just so superior to Brown, and better than Haunstrup. If Jackett brings Brown straight back in once he's fit again, I will not be happy!