General observation re Age

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Re: General observation re Age

Post by Mickemo »

Im in my fifth decade now - still feel like I'm 21 until I try to do what i did when i was 21 and struggle for days afterwards :lol:

Hi Jasp - good to see your return to the board - stay safe mate !
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: General observation re Age

Post by eltorrro »

Mickemo wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:44 am Im in my fifth decade now - still feel like I'm 21 until I try to do what i did when i was 21 and struggle for days afterwards :lol:
Mickemo that made me laugh and reminded me of days past. I played semi pro football in the Southern League until my boys were about 5 & 10 and they joined a rugby club. Obviously I took them every Sunday morning for practice and after a while got roped in to 'training' the under 8's..easy. The following year, same thing until one day the 'youth' team coach didn't make it and I was asked to take them for training. So I put them through their paces a per pro my training experience when a footballer... they started complaining...I said 'I'll never ask you to do anything I can't do myself' forgetting I had aged (and become less fit) since I quit soccer...BIG mistake!! Those kids made my life hell after that...thank goodness their proper coach was back the following week and I could return to the more genteel under 8's!!
My wife got me a tee shirt emblazoned with...'Oh Lord, teach me to keep my big mouth shut till I know what I'm talking about'...Happy days!! 8)