Bored? Stuck at home?....

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Bored? Stuck at home?....

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Well, pop the cork on an acceptable claret and enjoy this game. What an atmosphere and kind of weird watching Krank and Crouch playing for Spurs.
"Arrys face at 2-0....priceless. Half empty stadium at the whistle....sad sack spuds fans.

Div III. Call it what it is.
Rocketman
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Bored? Stuck at home?....

Post by Rocketman »

Just brilliant :lol:
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Fantastic start to my day! Thanks.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

I still remember walking up Wembley Way before the game with all my mates, all the Spuds fans around us were discussing how they thought they were going to get on in the final, one of my mates went mental at them, cheeky gits, that victory was nearly as sweet as winning two years before.
Heaven's Light Our Guide
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

My favourite of the four FA Cup visits, met up with a load of friends in middle of London somewhere and may have drunk just a bit too much as can't remember getting from pub to ground but game was fantastic, was a long journey back to Swansea as was in a carriage full of angry spurs fans and kept my allegiance to myself.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 am Well, pop the cork on an acceptable claret
Well, how lovely to see that phrase again. I wonder the ol' bugger would have made of the current situation.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Portchester PFC wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 am I still remember walking up Wembley Way before the game with all my mates, all the Spuds fans around us were discussing how they thought they were going to get on in the final, one of my mates went mental at them, cheeky gits, that victory was nearly as sweet as winning two years before.
Wasn't there a video kicking around at the time (YouTube?) of interviews with Spurs fans before the game? All reckoning how it would be an easy win. I seem to remember it was a good watch if it is still available.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

[quote=Locky_McLockface post_id=894422 time=1585225047 user_id=4]
[quote="The Cincinnati Kid" post_id=894416 time=1585183076 user_id=370]
Well, pop the cork on an acceptable claret
[/quote]

Well, how lovely to see that phrase again. I wonder the ol' bugger would have made of the current situation.
[/quote]

Much prefer a classic Cotes du Rhone Cru or some "Villages", but the phase does not roll off the tongue as well, but the wine does! (in my opinion)
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Portchester PFC wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 am I still remember walking up Wembley Way before the game with all my mates, all the Spuds fans around us were discussing how they thought they were going to get on in the final, one of my mates went mental at them, cheeky gits, that victory was nearly as sweet as winning two years before.
Yeah I much preferred that game and even the Sunderland one last year. Nothing beats winning the FA Cup but those games were better.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Try watching Blade Runner 2049...it will take up half a day watching and another half Googling what it was all about.
Any other good, long films to recommend? Preferably not quite as bewildering.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:06 am Try watching Blade Runner 2049...it will take up half a day watching and another half Googling what it was all about.
Some obvious starters...

Celine and Julie Go Boating (over three hours) if you do sub-titles and meta movies
Heaven's Gate (director's cut over three and a half hours) disaster or brilliant is for you to decide
Napoleon (about five and a half hours depending on version, but can go up to nine hours) Abel Gance's silent masterpiece

Personally, I am working through all 36 episodes of Deadwood before catching up with the film which I have never seen.
Portchester PFC
Kev the Kitman

Post by Portchester PFC »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm
Wasn't there a video kicking around at the time (YouTube?) of interviews with Spurs fans before the game? All reckoning how it would be an easy win. I seem to remember it was a good watch if it is still available.
If there is it would be easy to recognise my mate, he was apoplectic and there were plenty of expletives thrown in :rofl
Heaven's Light Our Guide
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:24 am
Dinksy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:06 am Try watching Blade Runner 2049...it will take up half a day watching and another half Googling what it was all about.
Some obvious starters...

Celine and Julie Go Boating (over three hours) if you do sub-titles and meta movies
Heaven's Gate (director's cut over three and a half hours) disaster or brilliant is for you to decide
Napoleon (about five and a half hours depending on version, but can go up to nine hours) Abel Gance's silent masterpiece

Personally, I am working through all 36 episodes of Deadwood before catching up with the film which I have never seen.
Ah, if we're talking silent classics, there's The Seventh Seal, Birth of a Nation and Metropolis all of which are lengthy exploits. But I think i'd prefer two hours of back-to-back Laurel and Hardy shorts followed by Way Out West or Laughing Gravy.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

I'm not there yet....still busy. But I reckon I'd have a redo of Band of Brothers
Div III. Call it what it is.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:42 pm
Can't find the whole thing, but this was one of them
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.