Mr D Nuts

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Mr D Nuts

Post by New Forester »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:45 pm That pretty much sums it up BA !!! I gave up Facebook over a year ago , full of people who seem to know best how to run the world yet can't even run their own lives .
I agree about the adverts too . I was flipping channels and noticed an advert with a couple of nice boys flogging cruises , I mean really ?
My Facebook strategy is simple. Limited only to family. They are in the UK and USA (Texas, Nevada and Florida.) I cannot believe some of the stuff they write about. So I have unfollowed the lot. This means they don’t invade my newsfeed. If I’m in the mood, I occasionally look at one of their home pages to see what they have been up to. But rarely. The most useful aspect of Facebook is our village group. It’s been particularly useful during this lockdown. Terrific local support has been organised through it.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Good to see that you are OK Mr. Nuts
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:28 pm Good to see that you are OK Mr. Nuts
+1

Keep safe & well everyone in these difficult times.
Huntski
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Huntski »

Glad all is well 👍take care Senor Nuts!
Remember, excuses are like A-holes, everyone has got one.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Great to hear things are going better and also take note of the many concerned posters here on the message board - one of the unsung praises of this board is that people do notice when others go missing.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

blue architect wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:56 am Good that you are back in contact Mr D Nuts.
I got to agree with you regarding media hibernation.
The news. Everything is the same regurgitated depressing advice combined with sniping at the powers that be who either a) have not responded quickly enough, b) not responded at all c) need to respond or d) not responded the same as Italy/Germany/S Korea, etc. FFS this is an unprecedented situation, there is no manual to refer to. They are doing the best they can and to my mind doing it bl**dy well in the circumstances.
Adverts on Telly. Totally irrelevant and out of step with the current situation. Understandably as space is booked so far in advance, but I bet I'm not the only one that is getting irritated. Water Aid for Africa........sorry you are nowhere near the top of any begging list. Donkeys, cats - don't get me started. Holidays, yep just rub it in why don't you?
Facebook. Now full of banal "10 things that...." and "best way" advice and "copy and share" The modern version of the chain letter. Yuk.
LinkedIn. The business community concern for each other is now being replaced by a hard sell tactic by some, who are either feeling the pinch or are preying like vultures. There is still a lot of good feeling though, so this is now the only format I regularly log into.
Pompey Bulletin Board. Lifesaver :thumb
I'm sure the children of Rwanda are organising sponsored walks to raise money for us as we speak .