"Tis better to die on our feet than live on our knees

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: "Tis better to die on our feet than live on our knees

Post by Sam_Brown »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:54 am interesting to note that 10 days ago, the deadly pandemic was 24/7 coverage and now there is not a mention of the worst thing ever as we've moved on to police brutality.
Trump has a history of creating distractions when he's up against it. This is no different.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Weybridge wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:51 pm Have to agree with GreenBlue here. While I accept there is media bias against Trump, its hardly libel or slander. The man is only rebuked for his own words or actions (which he then compounds by public denials, despite evidence to the contrary). He stokes division because it riles up his base and campaigning is where he is stronger, instead of actual governance.

Aside from his defensive and self-entitled stance, I think what infuriates people on a professional level is his refusal to talk, expand upon or even justify policy. Even if he just stood there and said 'I'm not qualified to answer that in detail so I'll defer to my Secretary of X, who will take your questions', he'd get a lot more respect. But he has the ego the size of Jupiter which won't allow him to. How many times have we heard 'nobody knows more about this subject than me' before getting angry when someone dares raise a question about it. Its that transparent lying which raises the media's ire - and rightly so. Lie to the press, and you lie to the people. That's unforgiveable and invites opposition. There's a reason the press is called the Fourth Estate - its to keep the first three in check. And it doesn't help his case by levying juvenile nicknames all the time.

Like it or not, Trump is a sociopathic liar, who borders on fascist rhetoric. How the Republican Party have not stood up and tossed him on his ear by now, eludes me. America deserves better, right or left.
In the absence of a like button....

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:42 pm
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:54 am interesting to note that 10 days ago, the deadly pandemic was 24/7 coverage and now there is not a mention of the worst thing ever as we've moved on to police brutality.
Trump has a history of creating distractions when he's up against it. This is no different.
Exactly, why look and sound like a complete to$$er on one subject when you can do it on many.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:07 am
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am While not the most eloquent, he is in no way, the racist he is made out to be ...
So not being quite as big a racist as he is made out to be is a good thing? I'd argue that at best he is a xenophobe with racist tendencies. In no way am I going to say that all his supporters are racist because they are not, but he does appeal to overtly racist people. Why is this?
Where is your proof of anything racist he has done? Trump has created the lowest unemployment rate for Black population, Hispanics and women. He is intent on keeping American border laws and wants legal nationalisation and not illegal. Stop listening to left wing hype and lies and provide facts.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am ....has done more to help minorities than any Dimocrat in power.
Says Donald Trump
[/quote]
Seriously, is that the best you can come up with? I thought you might have some intelligence, but I guess you just listen to the lefty hype.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am Biden and his leftist views and strategies.
In very few other countries would Biden be considered a leftist but alongside Trump and his supporters the vast majority of the World's population would look leftist. By the way, in my opinion, Biden is not a particularly great man either.
[/quote]
Biden is a place-holder for a broken convention or his running mate to take over (if he wins) as he is looking incapable of lasting 4 years. Again, what proff of Trump's far right views do you have? He promised to put American interests first and has made right on more election promises than many Presidents.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am The latest fiasco in the cities is not his fault either - it was a bad cop who deserves to go down for not following policies. The left and ANTIFA have highjacked the tragedy for political benefit and racial tension is always a cheap option for the left. By the way, the kid that was killed was not as innocent as media makes out - he was high on fentinyl (spelling?) and had multiple arrests for armed robbery and also pointing a gun at the belly of a pregnant woman (not in this instance). He should not have been killed, but there are bad cops out there and it should never be deemed the rule.
I don't know a huge deal about George Floyd as a person but I do know about this one off situation. Whether your aspersions about him not being as innocent as he is made out to be are all factually correct, they are irrelevant to what happened. You do rightly make it clear that he should not have been killed but I am surprised you raised those points when you did as it almost appeared that you were indirectly justifying what happened.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am
You are very incorrect on my views and no one has defended the actions of this bad cop, but it isn't Trump's fault. However, if he had obeyed the lawful request to stop right away, the use of force would not have been needed. Every police force has bad eggs, but the vast majority go to serve. This cop should have been fired years ago when there were previous issues - but the rioting that followed used the incident as an excuse and does not reflect George Floyd. There is a difference between protesting and rioting.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am The Worldwide response has taken this death out of all proportion and the left are using it for other aims.
Unfortunately this is not a one off and the vast majority of the demonstrators believe enough is enough. It has captured the imagination of those in the USA and those around the world and rather than 'hijacking' the tragedy, the majority are using it to enforce the fact that people of all races should be treated equally. A good thing I would argue. [/quote]
"Never let a good tragedy go to waste" was quoted by one of Obama's right hand men, Rahm Emmanuel, shortly into his first term. The left-backed militias such as ANTIFA (backed by George Soros) jump onto these incidents very quickly, bussing mobs into these areas (many of the MN rioters were from out of the area, for example). There is a political motivation and I would argue that many of those involved barely know why they are rioting (there are excerpts from shows that interview those involved and their answers would be humerous if not for the serious criminal behavior they are involved with).

uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am Yes, I am a Trump supporter and also an Arizona State Delegate for the Republican Party, so a bit biased, but the UK bnever seems to hear what Trump has done well.
There is a hint of bias in some of your comments ;-) as there will be in everyone else's, and that is perfectly normal. I am certainly biased in my opinions of the guy because he has said an awful lot of things that I don't like. Most of what I see and hear of Trump is gained directly from his Twitter feed or from video of him talking (not just snippets nor other people's opinions on what he has said)
[/quote]
When the main stream media does not cover the positive acts he has performed, his only way to get his view out is Twitter. His Twitter comments often relate to incidents that he has been attacked for and while not the most eloquent, he speaks and says what most regular people think. When you just respond to his Tweets without researching what the tweet is based on, and why he is frustrated at Dem lies that are not called out, you won't ever get the big picture.

Trump, was adored publically, by Hollywood and the media, up to his declaration to run for President. Immediately, they all turned into malicious haters. He uncovered the weaponization of almost every Government department since 2008 during this time, and even now, the truth behind the illegal activities of Dems during the 2016 election are slowly coming to light by the DOJ.

Trump turned a failing economy into a boom through keeping his promises and running the country like a business. New treaties such as the Paris accord create a better position for the US while other countries complain because they all have to cough up extra money...that was a campaign promise as much as Boris Johnson and Brexit.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm Trump turned a failing economy into a boom.
Can you explain this in a bit more detail - preferably using hard data and stats as opposed to anecdotal evidence? How has life improved for the average American under Trump (let's ignore anything post Feb 2020 for obvious reasons)?

As I mentioned above Wall Street is not the economy no matter how much Trump and the floor traders like to conflate the two.

On a side note I found it hard to read the rest of the post cause the quoting seemed to have glitched.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:21 pm
uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm Trump turned a failing economy into a boom.
Can you explain this in a bit more detail - preferably using hard data and stats as opposed to anecdotal evidence? How has life improved for the average American under Trump (let's ignore anything post Feb 2020 for obvious reasons)?

As I mentioned above Wall Street is not the economy no matter how much Trump and the floor traders like to conflate the two.

On a side note I found it hard to read the rest of the post cause the quoting seemed to have glitched.
Taken from a Newsmax article:

Here are 10 facts since Trump was elected that prove this is the best overall economy in more than 50 years:

Employment: PBS News Hour confirmed that this is the best labor market since 1969 with low unemployment, more jobs and rising wages.
GDP: Trump is the first president to have GDP consistently higher than 3%, President Barack Obama was only the president to fail to achieve one year of 3% GDP growth.
Wages: The Washington Post even surrenders to the fact that Trump is the first president to improve wages in a generation where income is at an all-time high.
Stock Market: CNN says the stock market has roared more than 40% since Trump’s election.
Gas and Fuel Prices: Gas prices are low in most U.S. states that don't over-tax fuel with local and state taxes. Many states have $2.15 per gallon gasoline right now. Gas prices may fall this summer according to the latest news.
Ethnic Employment Success: The employment success for all ethnicities is at record high. Obama had difficulty creating jobs and many people gave up looking for work.
Manufacturing Jobs: Manufacturing jobs are back in the U.S. for the first time in a generation. Trump created 284,000 manufacturing jobs in 2018. Forbes implied that millions of manufacturing jobs were lost during Obama’s first 2 years in office. Some 1 in 6 were lost between January 2008 and March 2010 and Obama never got those jobs back.
Taxes and Regulatory: Corporate taxes were cut from 35% to 21%. America moved from worst tax system up to one of the most competitive in the world under Trump’s first 2 years in office. Lower tax rates allow U.S. companies to spend more money, buy more assets, pay more employee benefits, buy stock back to put money on Main Street and into state coffers, and even help pay better dividends to seniors who live paycheck to paycheck.
Nasdaq: The Nasdaq stock market value finally exceeded the 1999 prices under Trump. This implies that companies were stagnant for 18 years until Trump took office.
Level the Playing Field: With a mixed bag of tax-code improvements, removal of red tape, new trade agreements, and competitive tariffs, the U.S. economy is more insulated from failure. Even the Federal Reserve is willing to lower rates if other countries harm the U.S. trading environment.
With lower taxes, more jobs, no war, and a strong stock market, the U.S. may be poised to maintain the economic boom started by Trump. After a generation of war and unemployment problems, it is possible that the U.S. can have lasting prosperity if it continues to utilize common-sense economic strategies; however, the youth of our country must pay the $10 trillion of new debt created by Obama.

Because of technology and other efficient systems, inflation is remaining low. What is strange is that the Federal Reserve in this new era seems to unilaterally create artificial inflation rather than slow it down. Thus, we are in a new paradigm of the Trump Era and we are now competing with the other 180+ countries around the world to remain the most business friendly super power.

Can the economy blow up again? The answer is yes if there is a combination of forces of debt, lower productivity, higher taxes, higher interest rates, lower foreign investment, and less spending. The biggest problem is paying unfunded liabilities and the debt created by Obama. Thus, the only way out of this mess is to continue to create jobs, get people off of public assistance by allowing great jobs to be created, create more government revenue through lower taxes on a larger group of new producers, and lower the costs of running government.

George Mentz JD MBA CWM Chartered Wealth Manager ® is a licensed attorney and CEO of GAFM ® global education, which is an ISO 29990 Certified professional development company operating in over 50 nations. Mentz is an award winning author and advisory board member to several companies around the world in education, charities, and crypto currency.

Read Newsmax: 10 Reasons Trump Economy Is Best in 50 Years | Newsmax.com
Important: Find Your Real Retirement Date in Minutes! More Info Here
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

I would further add that I live here and despite what the media says, the majority of my employees are better off and more confident under Trump. Many also have said they are more confident that Trump will get the country out of the current mess better than Biden, though that goes against the media narrative.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm Where is your proof of anything racist he has done? Trump has created the lowest unemployment rate for Black population, Hispanics and women. He is intent on keeping American border laws and wants legal nationalisation and not illegal. Stop listening to left wing hype and lies and provide facts
You will probably deny all of these but none of these incidents make Trump out to be particularly nice to people who are not like him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_vi ... nald_Trump
uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm Seriously, is that the best you can come up with? I thought you might have some intelligence, but I guess you just listen to the lefty hype.
Wow, bold suggestion that someone who sits left of Donald Trump is not intelligent.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm Biden is a place-holder for a broken convention or his running mate to take over (if he wins) as he is looking incapable of lasting 4 years. Again, what proff of Trump's far right views do you have?
Are you seriously trying to suggest Trump is not extreme right? He makes Bush and Reagan seem like commies.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am However, if he had obeyed the lawful request to stop right away, the use of force would not have been needed.
If he had obeyed the request to stop he wouldn't have been murdered.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am but the rioting that followed used the incident as an excuse and does not reflect George Floyd. There is a difference between protesting and rioting.
The massive majority are protesting and a tiny minority are involved in the rioting/looting.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am The left-backed militias such as ANTIFA (backed by George Soros) jump onto these incidents very quickly, bussing mobs into these areas (many of the MN rioters were from out of the area, for example). There is a political motivation and I would argue that many of those involved barely know why they are rioting (there are excerpts from shows that interview those involved and their answers would be humerous if not for the serious criminal behavior they are involved with).
Again, this quote shows ignorance if you believe that the majority either are looters, from out of area or don't know why they are protesting.
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am When the main stream media does not cover the positive acts he has performed, his only way to get his view out is Twitter. His Twitter comments often relate to incidents that he has been attacked for and while not the most eloquent, he speaks and says what most regular people think. When you just respond to his Tweets without researching what the tweet is based on, and why he is frustrated at Dem lies that are not called out, you won't ever get the big picture.
I'd argue that you are blind to the negatives that this man has done. Of course the President of the USA should do good things. That is what he is employed to do. He is not employed to follow his own interests.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:26 pm that was a campaign promise as much as Boris Johnson and Brexit.
Lies and more lies was how Brexit got through
uspompeyfan wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:07 am Yes, I am a Trump supporter and also an Arizona State Delegate for the Republican Party, so a bit biased, but the UK bnever seems to hear what Trump has done well.
I am really surprised that someone so overtly Christian as yourself would follow and promote Trump. There is no way that Jesus would have followed this guy. he would have stood with the protesters.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:21 pm

hey, y'all know a pro Trump vs anti Trump thread is a road to nowhere right? GIVE IT UP NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE!

Anyhoo, for the record, I cant stand the man but i'll take the 2 of you on here a bit!
Firstly, Trumpy did not inherit a "failing economy" The numbers under Obama are clear FACTS for all to see. ( I shall also mention USPF, that you continually trash the media, correctly so, yet you obviously believe YOUR media. Id say perhaps consider the possibility that your media is as awful as the lefty leaning ones....because it is!..... Anyhoo….Obama had consistent improvement in numbers throughout his terms, however it is certainly true to say his numbers were slow in growing and Trump accelerated them considerably. Also true that since Trump, I am better off due to paying considerably less taxes and the FACT that prior to pandemic, unemployment was so low that anyone with a brain that could show up to work every day was now valuable and worth more in salary.
Also, Wall Street is very much of the economy in the USA as opposed to the UK because a considerable portion of the US populace is invested (around 60% of households) ...I wont bore you with the details of 401k's and IRA's other than the FACT of the matter is, most of us have a tidy sum in these accounts and whether we are wealthy or not in our payroll / checking accountss, we feel wealthy if there's 100k plus sitting in these funds (which are designed to supplement retirement but can be accessed for other things before retirement). Its a FACT of the US economy that this does indeed relate to personal spending and has a significant impact on the US economy.
Div III. Call it what it is.
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Cinci, it is quite common knowledge that we disagree on quite a bit, but mutually agree on the economy. I will hand you that Fox News is Rep biased.... but counter that with the rest that definately lean to the left.... so finding an accurate line between the two is important, though the left leaning rarely portrays Trump as anything other than unintelligent, racist, crazy to name a few, while portraying all Dem comments as truth. Even you have brought up the bias before now as a witch hunt. How many channels accepted that Trump was innocent of the Russia collusion? How many have even mentioned the recent Rod Rosenstein findings which bring to light the depth of inappropriate FISA warrant and spying that went on by the Dems?

People in the UK have a false idea on what benefits Trump has given the people since 2016 despite enormous negative press on a daily basis - the same press that adored him less than a year before he took office.

Green Blue - saving all the various quotes as they are getting so long and you like piece-mailing them to change context.....

You seem to like the idea of accusing me of defending the police against George Floyd, which I have not done. I will defend the vast majority of innocent police men and women tarred with the same brush. Bad cops form a very small minority of the various forces and due process is done to those who break the rules.

There was a legit reason the police were called on George Floyd. It is clear he initially resisted arrest (maybe the effects of the Fentinyl or Meths). He had a track record of past violent behavior that the police would have been quickly made aware of through their computers. No he didn't deserve to die, but he was not innocent and people forget that. That aside, he knew he had Covid-19 and should have been quarantining himself as State / Federal / CDC rules suggested.

Mob mentality is often started by a small number 'encouraging' such behavior. These small mob groups are trained and have been shown to come from out of the area. In MN it was quickly mentioned that rioters were out of State. Incidents and violent conflicts in smaller towns (I will use Sequim, Wa as an example as I lived there and still have family there, including Morgan) often have locals not knowing those involved. In Sequim for example, several hundred were bussed in from Seattle and barely anyone local was even recognised by the cameras - the city has a population of just over 6000 so strangers stick out.

Trump is Conservative, thus Right wing. However, no farther than Reagan was. Bush was more Central. Following a largely unlawful 8 years under Obama (the truth is slowly coming out) where the Constitution was often ignored, Trump promised to return to the framework of the Constitution which has stood for nearly 240 years. Like a pendulum, the swing to the right from far left looks more 'radical' especially when the left swing had gone almost unchecked.

Jesus would have likely been fiscally Conservative but slightly left of Center on social issues. When you have a choice of two parties, it becomes a choice of Trump or Biden...heaven help the US if Biden were successful. Is Trump perfect, no, but he has made decisions to benefit America first and helped the American people. Racial issues have been around for many years and it didn't start and neither will it end with Trump. Trump was very quick to demand an investigation, even before the protests started though I am sure the news coverage didn't get that back in the UK (it barely did here).

The leaders of countries are voted in by the people in both the UK and US. In almsost every case, almost half will evenly agree or disagree with the winner. The winner, whether Trump or Boris, has to fill the mandate he ran on...whether it be Brexit, or in the US, lowering taxes, creating jobs and securing immigration as per the laws of the country. I always say that this board will never change opinions and I am overtly Christian and Republican, so get a double dose of hatred by people on this board - before your time there were some real humdingers on Christianity by the way.

I respect Cinci because for nearly 15 years, we have disagreed on so many topics, but found places in the middle where we both agree and lived with that. The US is so different from the UK that sometimes, common sense to us makes no sense in the UK and visa versa (gun laws and second amendment is a fine example)
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I always say that this board will never change opinions and I am overtly Christian and Republican, so get a double dose of hatred by people on this board - before your time there were some real humdingers on Christianity by the way.
I apologise if you felt I was hating you because of your religion, that was never my intention, nor would I intentionally hate anyone for their beliefs. I will stick with my opinion that Jesus would have been a protester for equality and change.

We clearly have differing political beliefs and we are both fortunate that we live in countries that allow this without persecution. It is easy during discussions to tar everyone with the same brush but I know everyone is different and must be allowed to hold their own views.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I respect Cinci because for nearly 15 years, we have disagreed on so many topics, but found places in the middle where we both agree and lived with that. The US is so different from the UK that sometimes, common sense to us makes no sense in the UK and visa versa (gun laws and second amendment is a fine example)
I don't live in the US and you are correct when you say common sense in the US makes no sense in the UK. I am sure those sentiments are reversed in the opposite direction. I do however respect your views (even if I don't always agree with them) and how you portray them so articulately.

Our common ground? Probably more than our ramblings in here suggest and when it comes to Pompey we are very much on the same side. I think Jesus would have been a Pompey supporter too :lol:
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:34 am
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I always say that this board will never change opinions and I am overtly Christian and Republican, so get a double dose of hatred by people on this board - before your time there were some real humdingers on Christianity by the way.
I apologise if you felt I was hating you because of your religion, that was never my intention, nor would I intentionally hate anyone for their beliefs. I will stick with my opinion that Jesus would have been a protester for equality and change.

We clearly have differing political beliefs and we are both fortunate that we live in countries that allow this without persecution. It is easy during discussions to tar everyone with the same brush but I know everyone is different and must be allowed to hold their own views.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I respect Cinci because for nearly 15 years, we have disagreed on so many topics, but found places in the middle where we both agree and lived with that. The US is so different from the UK that sometimes, common sense to us makes no sense in the UK and visa versa (gun laws and second amendment is a fine example)
I don't live in the US and you are correct when you say common sense in the US makes no sense in the UK. I am sure those sentiments are reversed in the opposite direction. I do however respect your views (even if I don't always agree with them) and how you portray them so articulately.

Our common ground? Probably more than our ramblings in here suggest and when it comes to Pompey we are very much on the same side. I think Jesus would have been a Pompey supporter too :lol:
JC would definitely be Pompey, always up for a lost cause. And, most obvious gag ever alert, he'd be a goalie. Jesus saves.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:17 pm JC would definitely be Pompey, always up for a lost cause. And, most obvious gag ever alert, he'd be a goalie. Jesus saves.
Groan.... :lol:
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I will hand you that Fox News is Rep biased.... but ... Trump was ... unintelligent, racist, ... the Russia collusion
We agree on that point.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I will defend the vast majority of ... Bad cops ... and ... those who break the rules.
That's a bit harsh.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am Trump is Conservative, thus ... following a largely unlawful ... Constitution. Trump promised to ... swing to the ... more 'radical' ... left.
Can't see that happening.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 amJesus would have likely been ... left of ... Biden... heaven help the US if Trump ... has made ... Racial issues.
I agree again
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am The leaders of countries are voted in by ... Trump or Boris.
It does feel like that doesn't it.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I always say that this board ... overtly Christian and Republican.
I wouldn't say so.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am I respect ... the US ... makes no sense ... (gun laws and second amendment is a fine example)
Totally agree.
uspompeyfan wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 am Green Blue - saving all the various quotes as they are getting so long and you like piece-mailing them to change context.....
I have no idea what you are on about ;-)
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham

As a mildly interesting aside, I have this chum, I believe I've mentioned before, who ran a tour bus company out of Nashville for years. These are the kind of buses that run the stars around, ie a giant RV camper van, bedroom in the back, hang out area, kitchen/bar and a drivers bunk. Anyhoo, he's been on tour with everyone from Johnny Cash to Luther Vandross to Garth Brooks to Marilyn Manson (dude has some stories)….AND Donald Trump around the era of the beginning of his tv show The Apprentice.
Anyhoo, he ran Trumpy around a couple of times, 3-4 weeks at a time and his take after hanging with Trump and chitty chatting with his other employees / entourage is this:
Trump is a fairly quiet, modest dude, treats everyone really well, isn't racist and generally is a good dude. What you see today is an extension of the character he played on TV during the run of The Apprentice. Think Gordon Ramsey....he's a foul mouthed dick on his shows but probably a normal decent human in real life. He's playing a part for ratings. Anyhoo, there it is for what its worth.....Trump doesn't believe half the stuff he spouts but he's in character. He could have chosen the left or right side of politics as his base because he doesn't particularly favor either.