Down the pub?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Re: Down the pub?

Post by uspompeyfan »

GreenBlue wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 am
uspompeyfan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:47 am FWIW - Out here in AZ, when the restaurants and bars reopened, there was the need to get info from patrons so that it was easier to track down people if someone came down with the virus. It was not popular and the younger generation who were just out for a drink even failed to use social distancing / masks and many refused to give this info as it would be a tracking mechanism.

Result is a huge increase in cases and we are close to closing down again with more restrictions coming in.
Does this suggest that the lifting of restrictions is occurring way to quickly? Yes, it is of course important to protect the economy but at what cost? Not only will there be a considerable rise in cases and deaths (second wave) but also if a second lockdown is imposed, it will massively damage the economy.

It might sound harsh, but in my opinion non-essential businesses that involve people in close proximity to each other or ones that involve touching of objects/items must remain closed.
Businesses followed the correct CDC guidelines on the whole, except for the bars. Why should those that followed the rule have their livlihoods destroyed by those businesses that thrived on breaking the conditions of their opening? The Govenor (yes, I am about to critique a Republican). Gov. Ducey did not follow through and shut the businesses for breaking the rules and that became the epicenter of the new cases in AZ. Now the call is to close retsaurants again which will be very harmful. In addition, he still claims vape stores as essential, yet vaping was given as a key way of passing on the virus, in the smoke. Nothing has been done to slow it down and I don't see the 'essential' in that.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.