Minimal fan return with face coverings.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Minimal fan return with face coverings.

Post by Mr Dee »

But hospitalisations and deaths kept falling.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:45 pm They're not additional. We been below the 5year average death rate for several weeks in a row now . Anyway it's moved on to cats now apparently. So let's get the stadiums open
Guess what Mr Nuts. I'm going to disagree with you again. :?

The 5 year average is a clever one as the 5 year rolling average figures include the months where people were dying in droves. No wonder we are lower than that average. i'd like to see a comparison with last year month on month.

Also, however you argue it, they are additional as If we hadn't have had the numbers of deaths we would have had even lower death rates than whatever average you wish to take.
RubiconCSL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:41 pm I found it interesting, that after the absolute outrage of the media over people going to Bournemouth beach a couple of weeks ago, there has been no spike in cases.
Not sure if you have realised but the number of daily deaths are falling (for now( but the number of new cases are starting to rise.

I hope I am wrong and I would love you all to remind me "I told you so" but I have a nasty feeling that the second spike is just around the corner.

Please take care all and don't take this thing lightly.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I'm very much a what will be , will be type of person . I don't see the point of avoiding death so much that I forget to live .
Its not something I fear anymore although I'm not quite ready to go just yet , sorry GB 😜

I survived pneumonia in 1999 , not something I wish to repeat but it did make me see life a bit differently . I live fir today as anything could happen tomorrow .
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:08 pm But hospitalisations and deaths kept falling.
Which raises another interesting point. Yes, deaths have continued to fall (just) but they are still averaging over 60 per day whereas a couple of weeks ago Spain were at 15 deaths for a whole week. And in any case, hospitalisations and deaths will lag any rise in new cases, plus (if the Spanish situation is indicative) it's likely the rise in New cases will be in the younger population who are less likely to be severely affected. The problem comes when enough of those young infected people pass it on to older family members, friends and colleagues.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:48 pm I'm very much a what will be , will be type of person . I don't see the point of avoiding death so much that I forget to live .
Its not something I fear anymore although I'm not quite ready to go just yet , sorry GB 😜

I survived pneumonia in 1999 , not something I wish to repeat but it did make me see life a bit differently . I live fir today as anything could happen tomorrow .
It's not just about you thought Nuts. If our actions potentially threaten the health of other people that needs to be taken into account as well.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I'm not sure what you mean . I don't go round purposely doing things to affect others.

For instance GB has said he wouldn't yet like go to a football match in a crowd which understandable . Where as If there was an opportunity to go I would take it .

Some or people may not feel comfortable going to a pub at the moment . But I've not felt too worried and have enjoyed the last few weekends in them as have many others .

Strangely I feel less comfortable going to shops with the masks than anywhere mentioned .
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

My wife and I seem to have Caffe Nero to ourselves in the mornings. We see people having takeouts and only see one or two coming in to sit down around 9.30am. We are now carrying on as normal, wearing a face mask when we have to and just enjoying life. We went to Ringwood last week. The place was dead. For all the publicity about people swarming to the beaches, around here they are staying away from the towns. I hate masks. But I'd rather wear one than stay at home.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:08 am I'm not sure what you mean . I don't go round purposely doing things to affect others.

For instance GB has said he wouldn't yet like go to a football match in a crowd which understandable . Where as If there was an opportunity to go I would take it .
Mr Nuts... Hope you are sitting down... I absolutely agree with you. :shock:
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:33 am
Mr D Nuts wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:08 am I'm not sure what you mean . I don't go round purposely doing things to affect others.

Mr Nuts... Hope you are sitting down... I absolutely agree with you. :shock:
👍
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I wouldn't say I'm pro mask or against masks. I out it on when I go to places that I'm supposed to wear one e.g. shops.

What really does my box is in people wearing a mask but not over their nose. Why go to the effort of getting a mask, putting on a mask but not putting it on properly?
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:27 pm I wouldn't say I'm pro mask or against masks. I out it on when I go to places that I'm supposed to wear one e.g. shops.

What really does my box is in people wearing a mask but not over their nose. Why go to the effort of getting a mask, putting on a mask but not putting it on properly?
I'm the same really . It doesn't bother me if people wear them. I don't like wearing them do I go to as few places as possible where they are required.
I saw the governor of New York made them compulsory but you can remove them for smoking 🤦
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:21 pm "But no matter how hard they try the "second spike" hasn't occurred after a number of events that they said would cause it.
28% increase in cases this month according to the papers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-53575653
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 am
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:21 pm "But no matter how hard they try the "second spike" hasn't occurred after a number of events that they said would cause it.

Hide again if you're worried.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:22 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:49 am

Hide again if you're worried.
I was just responding to your post Nuts. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by pompeygunner »

FP is now so outdated sadly, really going to be difficult to imagine successfully social distancing crowds when games occur without massively reduced attendances.