Minimal fan return with face coverings.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Minimal fan return with face coverings.

Post by GreenBlue »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm I was under the impression that it still wasn’t proved you can become immune to Covid long term. Has that changed recently?

Edit: I just did a google and couldn’t find anything about the government suggesting this is the new strategy. Where did you here it?
Sorry Sam, just reread your post. I heard the over 50s suggestion on radio news bulletins (Classic FM) however certain members of the cabinet are now denying it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50706.html

It is so hard knowing what to believe as, even if you hear it straight from the horses mouth, the horses within the cabinet do not appear to be speaking in a single language and certainly not from the same book.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:40 pm I was under the impression that it still wasn’t proved you can become immune to Covid long term. Has that changed recently?

Edit: I just did a google and couldn’t find anything about the government suggesting this is the new strategy. Where did you here it?
Sorry Sam, just reread your post. I heard the over 50s suggestion on radio news bulletins (Classic FM) however certain members of the cabinet are now denying it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 50706.html

It is so hard knowing what to believe as, even if you hear it straight from the horses mouth, the horses within the cabinet do not appear to be speaking in a single language and certainly not from the same book.
I didn't read the whole thing but did a quick CTRL+F on "herd" and didn't find anything to suggest the government is going the herd immunity route which. I don't think it matters though. I feel the plan at the moment is flood the media \ social media with so much crap that it's impossible to distinguish what is really happening with what isn't. I think it's been covered in some circles about how some people (both domestic and foreign) play both sides to do nothing but cause confusion and untrust. Some countries who have stated they are pro-actively trying to cause this issue and that the end game isn't one side winning over the other but rather the real purpose is just to put so much crap out there you don't know what to trust anymore and sow confusion.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

just blue wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:47 am It was interesting watching Hancock earlier trying and failing to explain the recent new rules in Manchester. It they don’t understand then what hope does the average person has. Part of me still feels the narrative is going to turn into it being the average person for not following the rules as opposed to the rules being poorly communicated.
Yes, it will be our fault . From what I can gather "cases" began to rise at the beginning of July . Hospitalisations and deaths have continued to fall . So either we are gaining immunity , the virus is weakening or the tests are naff .
Or perhaps younger people are getting it and not needing hospital and not dying.
The hospitalisations tend to lag behind cases increasing. We had an article on Friday about deaths rising for the first time in a while in NI.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-53608056

I'll also add we have a spike in people dying in care homes recently. If we have capacity in hospitals why aren't they going to hospital to be treated?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix