When will we sign a player

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: When will we sign a player

Post by Dinksy »

Not real signings IMO. New faces is what we need. This squad needs freshening up big time. Let's hope it gets better than this. A LOT better.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am Not real signings IMO. New faces is what we need. This squad needs freshening up big time. Let's hope it gets better than this. A LOT better.
If we are losing £700k a month as reported it won't.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Mr D Nuts wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am Not real signings IMO. New faces is what we need. This squad needs freshening up big time. Let's hope it gets better than this. A LOT better.
Yes, looks like the timing of that annoucement by Catlin is having the desired effect of setting low expectations!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

When thinking of new faces in the squad, don't forget about Haji Mnoga and Eoin Teggart. On the couple of occasions I have seen Mnoga play I have been very impressed, and he is certainly big and strong enough to hold his own in League One. I haven't seen Teggart but I understand that he has a lot of potential.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 am
Mr D Nuts wrote:
Yes, looks like the timing of that annoucement by Catlin is having the desired effect of setting low expectations!
I think we have to have . I don't blame them for not splashing out when we don't even know if we will have match day revenue next season .
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:10 am
Mr D Nuts wrote:
Great point. I imagine there are some teams that would assume we had more money than most in the league so this is good strategy to stop people trying to play hard ball \ take advantage of our perceived size compared to others in the league.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

I just hope I’m still around to get back to travelling by coach to some away matches. Almost as convenient for me as going to Fratton Park. At least there’s no traffic early morning/ late evening. I’ll settle for having a reasonably competitive team and matches to watch.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

New Forester wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:20 am I just hope I’m still around to get back to travelling by coach to some away matches. Almost as convenient for me as going to Fratton Park. At least there’s no traffic early morning/ late evening. I’ll settle for having a reasonably competitive team and matches to watch.
You don't live too far from me do you mate? I'm more than happy to chat closer to the time and see if there are some games we could go to together assuming you're the gent that lives near Ampthill? MK Dons and Northampton are pretty close by for us. Oxford and Peterborough aren't too much of a stretch either.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Nice thought. But I’m in Sway in the New Forest, 4 miles north of Lymington. On a good day a 1 hour drive along the M27 to Fratton Park.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

New Forester wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm Nice thought. But I’m in Sway in the New Forest, 4 miles north of Lymington. On a good day a 1 hour drive along the M27 to Fratton Park.
:rofl Apologies. The username should have given me a hint :?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix