General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

By Mr D Nuts
How long has there been a time out in professional football .?
By Sam_Brown
Since we came back from Covid. I think the idea was to try and prevent injuries but looking at the FA Cup Final... 🤣

What has wound me up is since I started playing football down the park again (just mates nothing serious) all the younguns insist on stopping two or three times a match for one as well. Really hope it doesn’t become a thing past this season.
By Mr D Nuts
Sam_Brown wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:43 pm
Since we came back from Covid. I think the idea was to try and prevent injuries but looking at the FA Cup Final... 🤣

What has wound me up is since I started playing football down the park again (just mates nothing serious) all the younguns insist on stopping two or three times a match for one as well. Really hope it doesn’t become a thing past this season.
Thanks , this shows how interested I've been in post lockdown football .
By Pompey Penguin
They certainly happened at the last WC finals, and maybe the one before that. Mostly a response to playing in hot weather, and better than players just wandering off and having a drinks break every time there is a stoppage.
By GreenBlue
I remember in the lead up to the 1994 World Cup, US broadcasting companies were trying to persuade FIFA to change to 3 x 30 mins as they argued it would be better for advertising and the US TV viewers would prefer that to 2 x 45 mins. Fortunately Fifa told them where to go...
By Ghengis Jones
I believe one of the reasons put forward was to prevent players just picking up the nearest bottle from the perimeter of the pitch during any short stoppage. I believe these bottles are either labelled with the players' names or possible only used once. No idea if it's to be continued next season, though I don't suppose it'll be long before there will be pressure to show adverts during the breaks, if they remain.
Flexi Season Tickets

Just announced by the Club - seems fairly sensible[…]

squash

I'm very happy with the club's leadership and appr[…]

is it any wonder there is confusion, frustration[…]