Taking the knee.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Re: Taking the knee.

Post by portchesterblue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:15 am
portchesterblue wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:07 pm
Mr D Nuts wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 am Should've never started .
why??
Because it's an incredibly sinister movement who actually only cares about black lives if they've been wronged by a white person.
I dont think they've murdered any of their own since the movement began in this country yet but they've killed several if their own in the riots in America in recent years.
And white people don't kill white people?
I agree that the black lives matter organisation in the states isn't what it seems, but then I don't think a lot of the protests are overly linked to them. Its seems that their slogan has been used and they are taking full advantage
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Of course white people kill each other . Don't think I suggested otherwise? My point was that BLM protesters haven't minded killing other black people during these protests .

Ive seen one video of a black man being shot dead by protesters for trying to stop them looting his business.

I think people here have rather naively jumped on a bandwagon to virtue signal without realising what BLM are actually about.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:00 am Of course white people kill each other . Don't think I suggested otherwise? My point was that BLM protesters haven't minded killing other black people during these protests .

Ive seen one video of a black man being shot dead by protesters for trying to stop them looting his business.

I think people here have rather naively jumped on a bandwagon to virtue signal without realising what BLM are actually about.
No. It’s that people understand and accept there are a small minority of people on both sides who act in bad faith and don’t allow the actions of a minority to shape their opinions on the real underlying issues no matter how hard people try to convince them otherwise.
Last edited by Sam_Brown on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am
Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:00 am Of course white people kill each other . Don't think I suggested otherwise? My point was that BLM protesters haven't minded killing other black people during these protests .

No. It’s that people understand and accept there are a small minority of people on both sides who act in bad faith and don’t allow the actions of a minority to shale their opinions on the real underlying issues no matter how hard people try to convince them otherwise.
Thank you for reinforcing my point. 👍
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm
uspompeyfan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:44 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:27 pm Sorry US, you are blinkered by your blind devotion to the Republican party and to the right-wing press.
So, by your thinking, if all left wing media says one thing, and Fox News (as the only Right sided media) says another...... then the left wing media must be correct.

Do you not even contemplate that keeping a single storyline across all media could also be propaganda? I would give you the 3 year Russian conspiracy hoax.

All news channels claimed Trump to be guilty
All news channels claimed the (fake) dossier to be real and verified
No news channel apologized for their incorrect reporting when it was de-bunked and no reporter has been held accountable for their lack of following up on a storyline, except that of what their bosses said.......

Now the truth is slowly unravelling and the news media is going very quiet on the whole thing.....except one channel.
Are you seriously suggesting that all media, except Fox, is left-wing? :lol: That is very much taking the stance of "I'm not wrong, everyone else is." USPF, I know you are smarter than that and surely that was either a mis-type of a wind up. Either way, it made me chuckle.
. Light-hearted but an example of how much of the us TV news is scripted nationally
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:47 am
GreenBlue wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 pm
uspompeyfan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:44 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:27 pm Sorry US, you are blinkered by your blind devotion to the Republican party and to the right-wing press.
So, by your thinking, if all left wing media says one thing, and Fox News (as the only Right sided media) says another...... then the left wing media must be correct.

Do you not even contemplate that keeping a single storyline across all media could also be propaganda? I would give you the 3 year Russian conspiracy hoax.

All news channels claimed Trump to be guilty
All news channels claimed the (fake) dossier to be real and verified
No news channel apologized for their incorrect reporting when it was de-bunked and no reporter has been held accountable for their lack of following up on a storyline, except that of what their bosses said.......

Now the truth is slowly unravelling and the news media is going very quiet on the whole thing.....except one channel.
Are you seriously suggesting that all media, except Fox, is left-wing? :lol: That is very much taking the stance of "I'm not wrong, everyone else is." USPF, I know you are smarter than that and surely that was either a mis-type of a wind up. Either way, it made me chuckle.
. Light-hearted but an example of how much of the us TV news is scripted nationally
Nice straw man. There is a world of difference between “every station apart from Fox is left wing” and “here are a few cases of left wing bias”.

Based on recent exchanges I’m very much in the same camp as Green and think this might be a wind up so I’m out.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Except they're not examples of left wing bias . They're examples of how some of the media reporting is scripted as I originally said.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

"Based on recent exchanges I’m very much in the same camp as Green and think this might be a wind up so I’m out."

So anyone who doesn't share your view must be on a wind up ? Ok . See you later
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:47 am

[/quote]

I wonder if this proves that:

1. Plagiarism is rife.
2. One script writer is exceptionally busy.
3. Regional news outlets are owned by or affiliated to Fox News.

My guess would be that the third scenario is the case and all of those Easter bunnies or children with birthdays were left wing except, of course, the one where it clearly stated FOX behind.

Quite scary really how few organisations control the news that we are fed.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I definitely saw an ABC logo in there and didn't really pay a lot of attention to the rest Fox owns regional outlets in America as well as ABC, NBC and CBS .
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Its just syndicated news for the various affiliates. There are something like 6000 television stations in the US, and owned by just a handful of media groups. News departments aren't commercially profitable for a small outlet (or many larger ones), so stories are written and edited from a few steps above in the ladder and then syndicated across the networks.

A different way of looking at it from a UK perspective is Reuters and Associated Press. The Sun doesn't have a reporter stationed in Beirut, so when news breaks there, they use the report from the Reuters correspondent there.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:08 am So anyone who doesn't share your view must be on a wind up?
No. It's because you rarely address any of the points made in previous posts.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I've had many discussions with people on here with varying viewpoints. Apologies for not posting in the manner you deem fit.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:16 pm I've had many discussions with people on here with varying viewpoints. Apologies for not posting in the manner you deem fit.
Surely you are not suggesting people on here have varying viewpoints? What a load of old rubbish!!
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

GreenBlue wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:38 pm
Mr D Nuts wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:16 pm I've had many discussions with people on here with varying viewpoints. Apologies for not posting in the manner you deem fit.
Surely you are not suggesting people on here have varying viewpoints? What a load of old rubbish!!
I may be wrong but I think the implication was that I only discuss things with people of a like mind which, GB you know isn't true 😁