Ipswich today

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Ipswich today

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Whatever you say but just seeing out the last few minutes of this. Looks like a loss, pissed off after taking a lead and seems the players didn't deserve to be beaten. We're not going to make the play-offs, today was just the kind of fixture that's imperative to get a result and it didn't go our way.

We're too inconsistent and often fall when the stakes are at their highest, today just seems like a repeat of so many times before. Going to log off now before saying something could regret. Tired of chances there we can't take and missed opportunities. You didn't beat a poor team today just one that can't hold it's nerve and throws away chance after chance. Can't add anything more to it right now.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Quantum of Stowmarket wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 pm Whatever you say but just seeing out the last few minutes of this. Looks like a loss, pissed off after taking a lead and seems the players didn't deserve to be beaten. We're not going to make the play-offs, today was just the kind of fixture that's imperative to get a result and it didn't go our way.

We're too inconsistent and often fall when the stakes are at their highest, today just seems like a repeat of so many times before. Going to log off now before saying something could regret. Tired of chances there we can't take and missed opportunities. You didn't beat a poor team today just one that can't hold it's nerve and throws away chance after chance. Can't add anything more to it right now.
I would respectfully suggest that Pompey had better chances and played better in the second half. We also saw out the game with energy and skill.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

What a great second half with a deserved win after being behind. 100% more energy and drive, better cohesion, massive closing-down and passing, and you could see the confidence flooding back all over the pitch. Two assists from Curtis who was back to his best in 2nd half, and a great finish from Harness for the winner. For me after he came on Close was a revelation with his close control and passing ability which made a lot of difference.
Disappointing to see Raggett lose his man yet again to concede the Ipswich goal in the first half. Make no mistake this is a different Pompey already -- this was a game that in the Jackett era we would probably have lose, having gone one down.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 pm
Quantum of Stowmarket wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 pm Whatever you say but just seeing out the last few minutes of this. Looks like a loss, pissed off after taking a lead and seems the players didn't deserve to be beaten. We're not going to make the play-offs, today was just the kind of fixture that's imperative to get a result and it didn't go our way.

I would respectfully suggest that Pompey had better chances and played better in the second half. We also saw out the game with energy and skill.
I think he’s an ipswitch fan.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 pm We also saw out the game with energy and skill.
Hang on; who were you watching? That doesn't sound like the Pompey we know and love. Why didn't we have 11 players in our penalty box and invite them to attack?
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

Listening to the commentary it actually felt like there was atmosphere there for the first time in ages, could here the managers, shouting, could hear the players off pitch giving it their all and even the commentary team were getting enthused.................been a long time, but long may it continue!
Living in exile thinking Blue
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:10 pm
Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:01 pm We also saw out the game with energy and skill.
Hang on; who were you watching? That doesn't sound like the Pompey we know and love. Why didn't we have 11 players in our penalty box and invite them to attack?
I know it sounds ridiculous, but we spent most of added time down by their right corner flag, winning throw after throw - or was I dreaming?
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Well I missed most of the 1st half as I didn't realise it was a 1pm KO :shock:
Saw the equaliser and enjoyed the 2nd half. I thought we played with far more desire and belief than I'd seen for ages.
Much improved and as someone already said, we're have lost that game under Jackett after going a goal down.
Future looks bright at last...long may it continue.
Coneyhurst Blue
Robbie Pethick

Post by Coneyhurst Blue »

Was it on TV ?
I too thought it was a 3pm kick off.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

One of us must post a change of time thread. :thumb
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Not only a good result and performance from us, but all the teams above us drew, gaining us 2 points on the field.

Supper will taste good tonight, despite the fact that I am cooking it!
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

We deserved the win, based on the 2nd half performance, it’s been a while since I’ve seen us attack a lead in the dying minutes.
If this is down to the Cowleys then bring on the rest of the season, whatever happens, if we fight then I’m happy.
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:06 pm Not only a good result and performance from us, but all the teams above us drew, gaining us 2 points on the field.

Supper will taste good tonight, despite the fact that I am cooking it!
Me too. Aren’t ready meals great. :thumb
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Well done the lads today hope this is the start of a good run I noticed the Ipswich fans seem anti the Cowley’s and mentioned they believe that Cook is a better option. Even though they think he will need time to rebuild the team let me say right now my admiration for the Cowley’s for picking up the challenge of a short contract. I do wonder though whether they accepted it on the basis they had been turned down by a few clubs, including Ipswich?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:34 pm Well done the lads today hope this is the start of a good run I noticed the Ipswich fans seem anti the Cowley’s and mentioned they believe that Cook is a better option. Even though they think he will need time to rebuild the team let me say right now my admiration for the Cowley’s for picking up the challenge of a short contract. I do wonder though whether they accepted it on the basis they had been turned down by a few clubs, including Ipswich?
I wondered that also.
And that they might have been offered an extended deal if successful this season?
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.