This board.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Re: This board.

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

New Forester wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 am I’m all for free speech. So this is what I think. The original post was a stupid thing to write. I won’t waste words in pointing out the nonsense in it. The first response was all that was needed. And now the sooner this thread is closed, the better.
:thumb :thumb :thumb (I think that's the way it's done on here these days)

It's a shame that in just a couple of weeks this board has slipped and many of the threads have become petty, bickering arguments between a couple of keyboard warriors. I'd politely suggest if they want to go that way then the TBA forum is the place for them. You do have to worry about the mental health of some people if that's how they get their excitement.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Rick Pumpkin wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 am
New Forester wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:24 am I’m all for free speech. So this is what I think. The original post was a stupid thing to write. I won’t waste words in pointing out the nonsense in it. The first response was all that was needed. And now the sooner this thread is closed, the better.
:thumb :thumb :thumb (I think that's the way it's done on here these days)

It's a shame that in just a couple of weeks this board has slipped and many of the threads have become petty, bickering arguments between a couple of keyboard warriors. I'd politely suggest if they want to go that way then the TBA forum is the place for them. You do have to worry about the mental health of some people if that's how they get their excitement.
My apologies, I shouldnt have let myself get dragged into his games, but couldnt help myself.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Likewise.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

But you're at it again..."his games"

I'm just a Pompey fan like you who is incredibly frustrated and disappointed at the direction the club is heading in.
I'm not trying to wind anyone up but I just get slagged off for not being positive in my opinion.

I've just read the Harrow Borough thread and there's lot of negativity on it. So it isn't just me.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

The clique reveals itself time and time again.
Don't let them shut you down Betelgeuse. You are entitled to your view.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

I have decided not to comment on this thread.

Oh ******! Just did!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Its a lot more civil here than just about anywhere else. Plus, before the fairly recent influx of newish posters it was on the verge of dying.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:52 pm But you're at it again..."his games"

I'm just a Pompey fan like you who is incredibly frustrated and disappointed at the direction the club is heading in.
I'm not trying to wind anyone up but I just get slagged off for not being positive in my opinion.

I've just read the Harrow Borough thread and there's lot of negativity on it. So it isn't just me.
:smt015

Surely this thread has run its course?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:57 pm Its a lot more civil here than just about anywhere else. Plus, before the fairly recent influx of newish posters it was on the verge of dying.
Exactly. I can remember a thread not long ago about how dead the board was. Now if someone posts something others don t like they want the thread shutdown , it's pathetic tbh.
Why stop there ? Why not shut the whole board down?
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Mr Dee wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:37 am
The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:57 pm Its a lot more civil here than just about anywhere else. Plus, before the fairly recent influx of newish posters it was on the verge of dying.
Exactly. I can remember a thread not long ago about how dead the board was. Now if someone posts something others don t like they want the thread shutdown , it's pathetic tbh.
Why stop there ? Why not shut the whole board down?
I don't ever recall saying people shouldn't have opinions, or that threads should be shut down. All I have ever done is question the aggressive rants some post, and then deny they ever said things
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Oh ffs give it a rest
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I won't change my opinion just to suit others, sorry if I come over as aggressive...not intentional.
I won't comment on this thread anymore as it's not popular with a lot of posters.

Now where's that interesting word association thread.... :wink:
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I don't really understand the problem here on this particular thread. Surely the the point of having a forum is to bring together a discussion where people can express individual veiws. As long as these veiws are expressed and received in a civilised and polite manner there should not be any problem. I think that the art of debating is to at least to try and understand a persons veiws even if you have a completely polarised view yourself. I have seen veiws posted on here that I strongly disagree with, especially concerning the Covid issue. Sometimes it is almost impossible to get to understand someone else's veiws, let alone find agreement, but if any particular veiw is held by an individual then that is their prerogative irrespectively. If, on the other hand, it is obvious that someone is posting articles that are meant to be inflammatory or cause offence it is best ignored. Generally people who post these sorts of post have some sort of mental problem, and with the benefit of anonymity afforded by these forums, they use them to get noticed. By simply ignoring these posts and not commenting on them is the best way of dealing with it. That helps the poster of this type of posts themselves by denying them the food of notoriety. I also think that some people should remember that their veiws are just their opinions and not actually fact and that a lot of our veiws are based on conjecture and pure speculation. Anyway what is the point of a debating forum if everyone agreed with each other?
Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Milkins »

"Anyway what is the point of a debating forum if everyone agreed with each other?"

Couldn't agree more.

Introspection... S'bugger innit.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

For some reason I completely missed this thread until now. Anyway, I really enjoy the banter on this board, all of your company, and all of your varied views. The people on here make this MB what it is and I would like to thank Rubi very much for all his efforts in keeping it going. The one thing we all have in common is our unconditional love for our football club and that is our glue. Let's just all try to be a little more pleasant to each other when expressing our own views, eh?

PS I love the Cowleys :rofl