John Mousinho?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: John Mousinho?

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am
Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:30 am
jabba monkey wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:17 am I have to say, this is one decision the club have made where I’m questioning their sanity, or is it my sanity I’m questioning? I don’t know anymore..

Are this guy’s coaching badges and charisma that much better than every other candidate’s, to warrant taking a punt on him with zero management experience?

If he’s that much of a shining star, why didn’t Oxford promote him?

I guess all this will come out in the wash but I am very interested to hear from those involved in the recruitment process what the logic was with this one, and why this guy felt like a better choice than the other numerous candidates.
Talk about not reading the room, it's a quite amazing appointment and to find out that for the last 3 weeks he wasn't even considered (presumably) it gives me no faith in the process. Like everything else at this club, including on the pitch, urgency is sadly lacking.
well Betelgeuse, you must be in prime position to answer Jabba's questions as you are clearly in the know about who was and wasnt in the process?
have we learned nothing about how the club are no longer like they were under arry and telling the world what we are going to do before we do it??
the club has gone about getting the candidates in and interviewed without most people haveing any clue whats going on. The Snooze have linked us with every manager under the sun, and made various people favourites, who have then said they are not part of the process, so just because the snooze and other nedia have not highlighted him until yesterday, when the club clearly let it out, we havent spoken to him ???
Why don't the two of you get a room :roll:
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

This is an interesting watch...

GrouchyGit
Collins Mbesuma

Post by GrouchyGit »

As an Oxford fan, I’m gutted. I’d hoped he’d take over from our current gob-*****, brain dead, failure…. Karl Robinson.
Moose is an intelligent, articulate, balanced guy. I hope he’s successful, except against us.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:17 am
jabba monkey wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:17 am I have to say, this is one decision the club have made where I’m questioning their sanity, or is it my sanity I’m questioning? I don’t know anymore..

Are this guy’s coaching badges and charisma that much better than every other candidate’s, to warrant taking a punt on him with zero management experience?

I guess all this will come out in the wash but I am very interested to hear from those involved in the recruitment process what the logic was with this one, and why this guy felt like a better choice than the other numerous candidates.
Talk about not reading the room, it's a quite amazing appointment and to find out that for the last 3 weeks he wasn't even considered (presumably) it gives me no faith in the process. Like everything else at this club, including on the pitch, urgency is sadly lacking.
well Betelgeuse, you must be in prime position to answer Jabba's questions as you are clearly in the know about who was and wasnt in the process?
have we learned nothing about how the club are no longer like they were under arry and telling the world what we are going to do before we do it??
the club has gone about getting the candidates in and interviewed without most people haveing any clue whats going on. The Snooze have linked us with every manager under the sun, and made various people favourites, who have then said they are not part of the process, so just because the snooze and other nedia have not highlighted him until yesterday, when the club clearly let it out, we havent spoken to him ???
Why don't the two of you get a room :roll:
cant agree on the best hotel to stay in :thumb :rofl
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

GrouchyGit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:10 pm As an Oxford fan, I’m gutted. I’d hoped he’d take over from our current gob-*****, brain dead, failure…. Karl Robinson.
Moose is an intelligent, articulate, balanced guy. I hope he’s successful, except against us.
Hi grouchy.

Your current gob-*****, brain dead, failure…. Karl Robinson (your words not mine) was at some point being suggested as a good fit for our next manager by some of our fans. I am glad with have gone with Mous as there is no doubt in my mind he has the credentials that we require.

I just hope he is given a decent crack and that negativity on the part of the fans doesn't detract from what could be an inspired appointment.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:34 am There are a lot of unknowns (to us) regarding this probable appointment but I believe that it has been made in the best and most professional way i.e business behind closed doors. The only problem then is that we, as fans, believe we should be involved/informed of all the details and when we are not, the rumours start to creep and we turn negative.

I would be astounded if, as some are suggesting, Mousinho was a last minute consideration for this role. I am sure those involved will have drawn up a comprehensive list (not just looked at the Bet Victor list) and scrutinised all options speaking to people who really do know and getting advice from those in the game. Of course, that is just my opinion but others with vastly differing views are almost certainly basing their views on opinion also and/or rumour.

I am actually quite excited by this appointment (if it happens). It will certainly not be universally popular but who would have been? We saw, even in this forum, how some would say X, Y or Z would be perfect but others said they could think of nobody worse than X, Y and Z. We are football fans, Pompey fans and we all want what is best for I club but we are fickle. The owners and/or those who were involved in selecting our new manager were always on to a hiding, whoever they chose.

I really hope this appointment turns out to be an inspired choice but would hate to see fans turning against the club if we are not back challenging for the play-offs in the next few weeks or even by the end of the season. Success in football rarely happens overnight but is usually organically grown from a stable footing.

Some may call me a happy clapper, but that is just because my views may not reflect their own. I don't actually give a toss. I am hopeful and optimistic.
Top post Greenblue. You’ve pretty much summed up how I feel about this appointment.

I welcome John to the club and will be supporting him in full voice tomorrow !
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Mickemo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:04 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:34 am There are a lot of unknowns (to us) regarding this probable appointment but I believe that it has been made in the best and most professional way i.e business behind closed doors. The only problem then is that we, as fans, believe we should be involved/informed of all the details and when we are not, the rumours start to creep and we turn negative.

I would be astounded if, as some are suggesting, Mousinho was a last minute consideration for this role. I am sure those involved will have drawn up a comprehensive list (not just looked at the Bet Victor list) and scrutinised all options speaking to people who really do know and getting advice from those in the game. Of course, that is just my opinion but others with vastly differing views are almost certainly basing their views on opinion also and/or rumour.

I am actually quite excited by this appointment (if it happens). It will certainly not be universally popular but who would have been? We saw, even in this forum, how some would say X, Y or Z would be perfect but others said they could think of nobody worse than X, Y and Z. We are football fans, Pompey fans and we all want what is best for I club but we are fickle. The owners and/or those who were involved in selecting our new manager were always on to a hiding, whoever they chose.

I really hope this appointment turns out to be an inspired choice but would hate to see fans turning against the club if we are not back challenging for the play-offs in the next few weeks or even by the end of the season. Success in football rarely happens overnight but is usually organically grown from a stable footing.

Some may call me a happy clapper, but that is just because my views may not reflect their own. I don't actually give a toss. I am hopeful and optimistic.
Top post Greenblue. You’ve pretty much summed up how I feel about this appointment.

I welcome John to the club and will be supporting him in full voice tomorrow !
Very good post GB, I will give him my full backing. One thing I will say is that we haven't been looking for overnight success, 6 years under this ownership so in fact I think the fans have been very patient.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

I'm not in the know and have never claimed to be. Just my opinion which you continually seem to have a problem with.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

[quote=GreenBlue post_id=928202 time=1674215044 user_id=41609]
This is an interesting watch...

thanks - interesting and positive.
GrouchyGit
Collins Mbesuma

Post by GrouchyGit »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 pm
GrouchyGit wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:10 pm As an Oxford fan, I’m gutted. I’d hoped he’d take over from our current gob-*****, brain dead, failure…. Karl Robinson.
Hi grouchy.

Your current gob-*****, brain dead, failure…. Karl Robinson (your words not mine) was at some point being suggested as a good fit for our next manager by some of our fans. I am glad with have gone with Mous as there is no doubt in my mind he has the credentials that we require.

I just hope he is given a decent crack and that negativity on the part of the fans doesn't detract from what could be an inspired appointment.
Mous has given post match interviews to the BBC. You get sensible, calm, honest comments, which most yellows agree with. Compare that to the James Cordon lookalike,who comes out with biased, blabbering ****** that make you think you were at a different game. God, why didn’t you take him off our hands.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Welcome back Betelgeuse. Knew you couldn’t resist us.😀😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by Blue Walter »

This appointment is going to be a source of ammunition from all sides. It can be seen as inspirational, forward thinking, too risky, too short sighted, or just plainly the cheapest option. Unless the list of candidates is made public people will assume that the club has been turned down by better more experienced options with this particular appointment the bottom of the barrel.

Personally I don't know what to make of it. The list of untried people supposedly on the candidates list had one name I was particularly keen on which was that of Ian Foster. John Mousinho seems to be the poor mans version of Foster. However, Mousinho must have impressed those at the club who were tasked with appointing our new manager, hopefully, because he impressed them more than the more experienced candidates. Another crumb of comfort is the fact that, generally, Oxford supporters are upset about him leaving and wanted him as their next manager.

I obviously hope he is a success and gets the club going in the right direction. Clutching at straws, perhaps, but I was quite excited with the appointment of Jackett, especially when he said that he favoured attacking football. Then I was quite excited by the appointment of the Cowleys, especially when they said that they would transform the team into a fast attacking one. I am not overly excited by this appointment so perhaps that means he is going to do well.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

He to is promising fast attacking football!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:46 pm He to is promising fast attacking football!
Yes, I have just seen that. What does that mean, I wonder, third time lucky possibly?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

I have just had another visit to the Oxford fans forum site now that it is confirmed. The general consensus is that they have missed an opportunity with most thinking he will do well. All the comments about him are good without exception. Citing how articulate and intelligent he is, so his personal credentials seem sound.