Men’s football female presenters and pundits

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Men’s football female presenters and pundits

Post by NSRailings »

Blue Walter wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:59 pm If you want normal meat you won't get it there.
What's normal meat?
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

StMonkton wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:32 pm Sorry Blue Walter but I wish you would read my posts properly. I didn’t say fear of being called out for racism wasn’t a factor in the authorities being slow to act in those historic cases. They were over a decade ago and my mention of the cases was prompted by our current government trying to make political capital out of history as though it was the current situation.

To make it clear here is what I think

There were some high profile cases where a fear of being seen as racist meant slow action. These cases were all about a decade ago.

The Home Secretary and Prime Minister implied this week that child abuse was the result of political correctness.

Also that the primary perpetrators were groups of Pakistani men.

Specific investigations have found no racial skew in child abuse cases and a look at yesterday’s news shows a group of white men and women convicted of vile child abuse.

So, I don’t deny racial concerns have sometimes been an issue. I do claim this government is being reckless with the facts.

You are usually very careful with what you write and I respect that even if I often disagree. Please be as careful when reading what others write and don’t accuse me of misrepresentation unjustifiably.

I am sorry that you found my reply offensive to you but I have re read your original post and I can’t see where I can agree with you.

You have plainly said that there is no evidence that the concern of being seen as political incorrect. You accuse the government of playing on the fear factor by making out there is an issue with PC, in fact making political gain out of a non existent problem. The probes into these cases and others has shown that this fear is a contributing factor in not apprehending the culprits sooner. That's not a fib the results show a definite contributing factor. I don't support this government but I applaud their action, which I hope will help solve this problem.

My concern is that more and more people will become dissatisfied with the way things are going and the country will become split. The very reason that this over representation is being used is to 'normalise' what is being shown as normal. People will feel, and do feel, they are missing out on opportunities due to the over representation in this quota thing. I don't want to see that happen and I rather hoped that the population would reunite after the Brexit division. I do fear for our countries well being.

Like I say I am sorry if you feel I have wronged you but I am quoting on what you have said. I really do think we have done this subject to death now and there is no foreseeable way that we can agree. I will try my hardest to withdraw from this debate before it becomes un civilised. The subject has changed somewhat from the original theme, which is my fault for expanding the subject and I do apologise for that.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:20 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:59 pm If you want normal meat you won't get it there.
What's normal meat?
I am not even going to answer that.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

We will have to disagree BW. I was not denying the effect of fear of being seen as racist on those historical cases merely that the government are using them to imply that child abuse is caused by political correctness, which is nonsense.

The investigations I referred to were about child abuse in total , not those specific cases.

Sorry if my meaning was unclear to you but I assure you you were incorrect to accuse me of in effect lying.

A few pages ago you complained of people who were looking out for reasons to be outraged. In my book you’ve just done the same.

I wasn’t looking for an apology but at least some acknowledgment that you might have been a bit hasty to be so critical.

I have aimed to be civil in my comments . I hope you interpret them in that spirit.

As to KFC and halal meat, is that situation because they are reflecting what their customers want or is it ‘them’ again?
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

StMonkton wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:29 pm We will have to disagree BW. I was not denying the effect of fear of being seen as racist on those historical cases merely that the government are using them to imply that child abuse is caused by political correctness, which is nonsense.

The investigations I referred to were about child abuse in total , not those specific cases.

Sorry if my meaning was unclear to you but I assure you you were incorrect to accuse me of in effect lying.

A few pages ago you complained of people who were looking out for reasons to be outraged. In my book you’ve just done the same.

I wasn’t looking for an apology but at least some acknowledgment that you might have been a bit hasty to be so critical.

I have aimed to be civil in my comments . I hope you interpret them in that spirit.

As to KFC and halal meat, is that situation because they are reflecting what their customers want or is it ‘them’ again?
OK, my last words on the subject. I shouldn't have used the word 'falsehoods' because, I suppose, that is the same as lying. I should have said that in my opinion you misinterpreted what the government had said. I think that you have misinterpreted the findings of the reports into those two cases and subsequent cases, again in my opinion. So therefore I apologise for my terse comments, although I have to add that I totally disagree with you.

As for the halal meat I don't know what you mean by 'them again'. But you asked is that what the customers want. The answer to that is probably that is the case in that particular part of London and possibly all over London. But a group of people walked out because of that, as did I. No doubt there will be comments on here supporting the fact there is no choice except halal.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Blue Walter wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:50 pm My concern is that more and more people will become dissatisfied with the way things are going and the country will become split
This country has been split for years - thanks to cheap politicians like Johnson, Farage and others. But the major problem is the people who voted for them. These politicians just want to stay in power or get some power at a high cost to others.

As for the Halal thing - no religion should dictate how things are done. Basic humanity and empathy would be a good start.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

“ But the major problem is the people who voted for them.”

The majority at the time?😀😀😀 Humans are the biggest problem the planet has to cope with.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

New Forester wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 am “ But the major problem is the people who voted for them.”

The majority at the time?😀😀😀 Humans are the biggest problem the planet has to cope with.
Very true. What the planet really needs is a good ol' fashioned mass extinction event. Does anyone have a good Meteor guy they can contact?
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:07 am
New Forester wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:02 am “ But the major problem is the people who voted for them.”

Very true. What the planet really needs is a good ol' fashioned mass extinction event. Does anyone have a good Meteor guy they can contact?
:lol: :lol:
igor :)
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by igor :) »

Where the f is Blue Dennis the menace when you need him? What a thing to get worked up about.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

When people say Islam is replacing our culture I do wonder what they mean by UK "culture" exactly. I'm 37 and I couldn't tell you what culture we have outside of moaning about things and the majority of the country being in debt buying things they don't need and can't afford.

I wouldn't say Islam is replacing our culture. I'd say they are simply filling the void left by our move into a US style consumerist society.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

I do chuckle wondering how we get from female presenters to Islam and US consumerism. 😀😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Well, Brexit obviously.
New Forester wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:06 pm I do chuckle wondering how we get from female presenters to Islam and US consumerism. 😀😀😀
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Any televised sporting event should have a mute option for the commentary. So you can still have the crowd noise but don't have to listen to a load of waffle.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by New Forester »

I turn on a few seconds before the start, skip half time then turn off at the final whistle. And often turn the sound off and play music. It’s my coping strategy for being a curmudgeonly old fart.