Milton Keeeeeyynes

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Kingo
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Milton Keeeeeyynes

Post by Kingo »

We're Pompey. It's not.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:19 pm What was the red card for? From where we were sitting it came as a massive surprise. I’m guessing something off the ball? And I can’t tell if it’s just bias as the majority of decisions went against us but it seemed like the ref had a very bad game from where we were sitting.
Their player grabbed Morrell round the neck and then fell to the flop but then it was real case of stupidity Morrell kicked out at him as they got up right in front of the linesman and us
That’s why we got the free kick but Morrell got stupidly send off costing us 2 points as up until then in my view they were there for the taking
I hope Moushino ensures that Morrell suffers in his pocket as I don’t pay good money to watch a 10 man team struggle to get any points due to an act of stupid petulance
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:32 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:19 pm What was the red card for? From where we were sitting it came as a massive surprise. I’m guessing something off the ball? And I can’t tell if it’s just bias as the majority of decisions went against us but it seemed like the ref had a very bad game from where we were sitting.
The suggestion is that Morrell headbutted the player he was on the ground with, during the aftermath of the corner where Pompey were given a free kick. The Referee did not see it apparently and the Linesman who was miles away advised the Ref. what he thought he saw. I watched on Ifollow and nothing was clear the information above was taken from 3 or 4 comments on the Forums and the conclusions of the Commentators.
Rubbish Morrell behaved like a petulant school kid and kicked out at their player in front of the linesman it was sly and uncalled for as he had won a free kick he assumed the referee was not watching but forgot about the linesman in honestly this is part of his game that has been evident all season
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

We were close to it and didn’t see any kicking out by Morrell. The slow motion video replay also doesn’t show any kick more a movement of his head towards their thug of a player who’d thrown him to the floor.

Just goes to show we both were there and saw 2 different events
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

I agree MK were there for the taking and felt we were on for a 3-0 win until the ref and linesman intervened.

They completely ruined the game with the sending off and were poor from the start and were clearly biased in decisions against Pompey. How the ruck we ended up with 4 yellows and 1 red in beyond me.

I counted just 2 free kicks given to Pompey in the first 22 minutes of the 2nd half - unbelievably biased referring.

On the plus side we got a point and can put it behind us with a win on Monday
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Mickemo wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:10 am We were close to it and didn’t see any kicking out by Morrell. The slow motion video replay also doesn’t show any kick more a movement of his head towards their thug of a player who’d thrown him to the floor.

It’s interesting that on other forums there is exactly the same difference of opinions so guess only the linesman knows what he thought he saw
And I agree that referee was appalling how else do you explain 2 red 4 yellow to us none to them including the headlock on Morrell which started that situation
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:10 am
Mickemo wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:10 am We were close to it and didn’t see any kicking out by Morrell. The slow motion video replay also doesn’t show any kick more a movement of his head towards their thug of a player who’d thrown him to the floor.

It’s interesting that on other forums there is exactly the same difference of opinions so guess only the linesman knows what he thought he saw
And I agree that referee was appalling how else do you explain 2 red 4 yellow to us none to them including the headlock on Morrell which started that situation
Ref was ***** but it was only 1 red surely!!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

pompeygunner wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:53 am
Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:10 am

Ref was ***** but it was only 1 red surely!!
bl**dy fat fingers should read before I post
It would not have surprised me if he had given another red
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

The Morrell red card was a really harsh decision, but in the letter of the law, the right one. I thought the referee was awful today , but Morrell is an experienced international player who should know better and gave the ref an easy decision to make. He let his team mates, and us fans, down.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:54 pm The Morrell red card was a really harsh decision, but in the letter of the law, the right one. I thought the referee was awful today , but Morrell is an experienced international player who should know better and gave the ref an easy decision to make. He let his team mates, and us fans, down.
The law is an ass in this case so he didn't let his team mates and us fans down as you put it. The MK player wrestled him to the ground - the refs are so incompetent they didn't see it, even though it went on for ages. Somehow they only saw Morrell's reaction which wasn't that bad and there's been a lot worse. Massively incompetent levels of refereeing in this league and we need VAR unfortunately.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:12 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:54 pm The Morrell red card was a really harsh decision, but in the letter of the law, the right one. I thought the referee was awful today , but Morrell is an experienced international player who should know better and gave the ref an easy decision to make. He let his team mates, and us fans, down.
The law is an ass in this case so he didn't let his team mates and us fans down as you put it. The MK player wrestled him to the ground - the refs are so incompetent they didn't see it, even though it went on for ages. Somehow they only saw Morrell's reaction which wasn't that bad and there's been a lot worse. Massively incompetent levels of refereeing in this league and we need VAR unfortunately.
Although it was one of the few decisions he got right the referee did see the wrestling and had awarded us a free kick however that merited at least a yellow card and had that happened then Morrell may not have sought his own revenge
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Highlights are here:

Chatting to a couple of MK Dons fans after on the way back and even they were confused about the red. Says it all.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:26 pm Highlights are here:

Chatting to a couple of MK Dons fans after on the way back and even they were confused about the red. Says it all.
You actually found some MK Dons fans did you have to use sign language to communicate with them as I thought they were all mute
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:04 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:12 pm
Although it was one of the few decisions he got right the referee did see the wrestling and had awarded us a free kick however that merited at least a yellow card and had that happened then Morrell may not have sought his own revenge
He awarded us a free kick in the penalty area?
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:50 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:26 pm Highlights are here:

You actually found some MK Dons fans did you have to use sign language to communicate with them as I thought they were all mute
Haha very true.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix