Shrewsbury

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Shrewsbury

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Pleased to see Pigott back at no 10. I doubt that either Lane or Jacobs are okay for the whole game and would hope to see them replace Dale and Hackett later at some point.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Shrewsbury

Post by eltorrro »

Cambridge have done their bit and beat Posh 2-0.

By rights we should see a Pompey team really go for it and win big!!......but will we???? :shock:
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Pathetic! They don't give a toss.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

This is total sh#t from Pompey!!

Half this team are playing for their Pompey contracts and they are still playing sh#te!! None of this lot deserve a contract renewal..get shot of the lot and start again.

The other thing is how poor the referees are in this league...see better Sunday mornings at the rec!
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

I'm watching the scum game, can't be arsed with Pompey anymore this season. ****** utter turd! They deserve their wages docked. Just boycott the park for the rest of the season.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Not looking good.😂😂😂
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

The owners are extremely fortunate that the club they own has such a loyal fanbase. The utter dross that's been served up in their tenure does not deserve home crowds of 18000 and a huge away following. FFS show some ambition next season or sell up.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Four of our last five games have been draws. We are currently 6 points off the playoffs with four to go.

No idea why people were writing off the chances of the playoffs a month ago when we should be up there in the top 6. Still possible but not looking likely now.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Sorry Sam but I think it is down to the difference between numbers and football.

Mathematically it was ( and is ) possible for Pompey to reach the playoffs. In football terms I never felt it was likely because the season so far suggested we were a bit short of the necessary quality.

As I have said before, the sooner we concentrate on being ready for next season the better.

Spend wisely, prepare well and get off to a flyer would be ideal for me.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Even the most pessimistic of us would have thought we’d have gotten more than 7 points from the last 15.
Last edited by Sam_Brown on Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think where we are likely to finish is as you would expect a fair reflection of the squad we have.

I think given the start we had though we should have kicked on and at least be in the play offs - the fact it's still mathematically possible is crazy given how bad our results were for 2 or 3 months is frustrating it just shows we aren't a million miles off.

I think we have the basis of a fairly good team. If we can add a bit of quality on the flanks I don't think we will be too far off it next season.

We need to be able to keep Lowery on the pitch though - hopefully a proper preseason will help him get over the niggles he's been picking up.

I'd like to see us keep Thompson. Ogilvie. Robertson. Tunnicliffe

I'd let Jacobs, Reeco, Mingi go. Think there are others out of contract too but I can't recall which probably says it all.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:49 pm I think where we are likely to finish is as you would expect a fair reflection of the squad we have.

I think given the start we had though we should have kicked on and at least be in the play offs - the fact it's still mathematically possible is crazy given how bad our results were for 2 or 3 months is frustrating it just shows we aren't a million miles off.

I think we have the basis of a fairly good team. If we can add a bit of quality on the flanks I don't think we will be too far off it next season.

We need to be able to keep Lowery on the pitch though - hopefully a proper preseason will help him get over the niggles he's been picking up.

I'd let Jacobs, Reeco, Mingi go. Think there are others out of contract too but I can't recall which probably says it all.
That is the most frustrating thing isn’t it. That despite how many games we’ve played crap we are still only a handful of points off the play offs.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:15 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:49 pm I think where we are likely to finish is as you would expect a fair reflection of the squad we have.

That is the most frustrating thing isn’t it. That despite how many games we’ve played crap we are still only a handful of points off the play offs.
Yep - I also think we would be better off had the queen not died as we would have played Barnsley when they were really struggling as opposed to flying, but thats football.

I just think it shows we aren't that far away. I think a Kenny Jackett team would have made the play offs this season as we would have ground out a few more results.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:54 pm Four of our last five games have been draws. We are currently 6 points off the playoffs with four to go.

No idea why people were writing off the chances of the playoffs a month ago when we should be up there in the top 6. Still possible but not looking likely now.
I’m sorry Sam but having just got home from watching half the team already on their holidays gifting them a goal due to Hackett and Tunnicliffe messing up in midfield
We scraped yet another draw against an average team despite knowing that Peterborough had lost
When we are so light in our squad bl**dy Hackett starts then this team needs major changes for next season
Get shot of Hackett Tunnicliffe Pigott Scarlett Dale and Robertson from today’s team will go a long way to freeing up the playing budget
Any dreams anyone may have regarding playoffs are well and truly gone
I’m glad I only have 3 more games this season to watch this waste of space squad
Btw yes I am really pissed off
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:54 pm No idea why people were writing off the chances of the playoffs a month ago when we should be up there in the top 6. Still possible but not looking likely now.
Because some people could see the state of the squad. The "statement win" over Bolton turned out to be a red herring as we couldn't beat any of the other teams above us and we can't beat anyone at the moment. Lack of ability, confidence or ambition from some players.
Super Matt Macey in goal...