Tyson Fury

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Tyson Fury

Post by Sam_Brown »

Anyone actually respect this dosser anymore after he ducked both Usyk and AJ?

Well he's back on social media again hyping up a future "big fight".

Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Tyson Fury

Post by Mr Dee »

He's by far the superior boxer. I don't see why he'd duck them, Other than to create more and more hype. I've no sound a Fury/AJ fight will happen one day.
It seems like the top heavyweights these days are content with fighting chumps for easy paydays
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 am He's by far the superior boxer. I don't see why he'd duck them, Other than to create more and more hype. I've no sound a Fury/AJ fight will happen one day.
It seems like the top heavyweights these days are content with fighting chumps for easy paydays
maybe he has lined up a fight against one of his buddies again, he can stand tapping his mate for 10 rounds and get paid a fortune like he did against chisora, probably the worst, most pointless and definitely most prolonged fight in the last decade
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 am It seems like the top heavyweights these days are content with fighting chumps for easy paydays
Yes definitely. Boxers seem to have too much power these days with the boards having little to no say in what happens. Fury has ducked AJ and now Usyk. Usyk called his bluff by accepting the 70/30 split and then Fury did everything he could to get out of it.

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:15 am He's by far the superior boxer. I don't see why he'd duck them, Other than to create more and more hype. I've no sound a Fury/AJ fight will happen one day.
I like Fury and think he's a good boxer but I'm not sure he's as good as everyone is making out. Who has he actually beaten?

A past it Wladimir Klitschko after which he ducked the rematch. A wilder who had never stepped out of his comfort zone and someone who's fought no one but bums himself. The only reason Fury vs Wilder 3 happened was because he was forced to and Fury got knocked down twice in that match. Face it he's ducked all the "big names" when he's had the chance to give the fans a 3rd Chisora fight no one wanted.

I think Fury is worried about Usyk. Fury has himself admitted his hardest fight of his career was against Cunningham who is very much like Usyk.

In Fury's own words...

“He was a three-time cruiserweight champion and then he stepped up into the heavyweights.

“He was a slick, talented boxer and I tried to walk him down using my size and power, but he was just outboxing me.

“What I’m good at – boxing, moving, slipping and sliding – I couldn’t do against Steve Cunningham because he was quicker than me.

Usyk is twice the boxer of Cunningham. I just don't think Fury wants it. He's much rather have Chisora 4 probably. He should stick to the WWE.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking WWE is closer to reality than heavyweight boxing in the last 5 or 10 years
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:07 am I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking WWE is closer to reality than heavyweight boxing in the last 5 or 10 years

😂
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Mr Dee »

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman